Memphis Depay

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Someone before me outrightly compared with players he has no business to be compared with. He is our only threat because we are on Arsenal level rn. Also, the only danger Dembouz is posing is for himself, surely not the opposition team.

Dembele is our only natural winger left, as bad as he is, he is currently missed.

No one compared Depay to Messi and Lewa. Devils posted an image that shows the top 5 players from the top-6 leagues in relation to the number of goals and assists. It seems that you are frustrated with the fact that Depay is the fifth player there, which does not correspond to your previous narrative that he is a Villarreal-level player. It is not a "rating," it is literally just a list ranked by the numbers performed.

Sure, continue to blame the stats I guess.

SmilerBam

Dembele is our only natural winger left, as bad as he is, he is currently missed.

No one compared Depay to Messi and Lewa. Devils posted an image that shows the top 5 players from the top-6 leagues in relation to the number of goals and assists. It seems that you are frustrated with the fact that Depay is the fifth player there, which does not correspond to your previous narrative that he is a Villarreal-level player. It is not a "rating," it is literally just a list ranked by the numbers performed.

Sure, continue to blame the stats I guess.

He is not a Villareal level player? Than what he is? You think he is CL winner level player? For example, tell me if he ll be a starter at QSG? City? United? Chelsea? Bayern? Even Spurs? No. He s a player for the tier below the best clubs in Europe, which Barca, unfortunately, is.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is not a Villareal level player? Than what he is? You think he is CL winner level player? For example, tell me if he ll be a starter at QSG? City? United? Chelsea? Bayern? Even Spurs? No. He s a player for the tier below the best flubs in Europe, which Barca, unfortunately, is.

Stop with the hyperboles. Everything people are saying is that he is currently our best attacker, which is true. No one is expecting a CL win for now, we are rebuilding. It is the likes of you who just like to be miserable and whiny.

I think he is a Salah/Mane level player, which he should prove this season. He would start for Spurs easily, but they are worse than Barca, so it is irrelevant. It's true that he would most likely be a rotation player at other top clubs. However, if he impresses this season, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to be regarded better than players like Gnabry, Sane, Icardi, Jesus, Sterling and Mahrez, etc.

SmilerBam

Stop with the hyperboles. Everything people are saying is that he is currently our best attacker, which is true. No one is expecting a CL win for now, we are rebuilding. It is the likes of you who just like to be miserable and whiny.

I think he is a Salah/Mane level player, which he should prove this season. He would start for Spurs easily, but they are worse than Barca, so it is irrelevant. It's true that he would most likely be a rotation player at other top clubs. However, if he impresses this season, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to be regarded better than players like Gnabry, Sane, Icardi, Jesus, Sterling and Mahrez, etc.

I am not whiny and miserable. I m realistic, as i watched Depay's career. You think he is as good as Mane and Salah? What did you smoke? I ll gladly accept my L if he indeed has a very good season.

Birdy

He is not a Villareal level player? Than what he is? You think he is CL winner level player? For example, tell me if he ll be a starter at QSG? City? United? Chelsea? Bayern? Even Spurs? No. He s a player for the tier below the best clubs in Europe, which Barca, unfortunately, is.

Let's see:
Better than Rashford as LW, he would start at United right now. United: check
Better than Sterling or Ferran Torres, means he would start at City (even if Pep had to play Grealish centrally) City: check
Would fit like a glove in Tuchel's 3-4-3 at Chelsea, and would bench Werner. Chelsea: check
Spurs? Well that's silly, he would start any day at Spurs Spurs: check

He wouldn't start at QSG because of Messi and Neymar and Mbape
He wouldn't prob start at Bayern because they have all of Coman, Sane, Gnabry (but I wouldn't exclude the possibility of him benching one of them if he were there)

Of the teams you listed he wouldn't start only at PSG and possibly Bayern.
And of all other teams in Europe, he wouldn't probably start only at Liverpool in addition.

So, of all top clubs in Europe he wouldn't start only at 1-3 of them.
Not bad at all

SmilerBam

Let's see:
Better than Rashford as LW, he would start at United right now. United: check
Better than Sterling or Ferran Torres, means he would start at City (even if Pep had to play Grealish centrally) City: check
Would fit like a glove in Tuchel's 3-4-3 at Chelsea, and would bench Werner. Chelsea: check
Spurs? Well that's silly, he would start any day at Spurs Spurs: check

He wouldn't start at QSG because of Messi and Neymar and Mbape
He wouldn't prob start at Bayern because they have all of Coman, Sane, Gnabry (but I wouldn't exclude the possibility of him benching one of them if he were there)

Of the teams you listed he wouldn't start only at PSG and possibly Bayern.
And of all other teams in Europe, he wouldn't probably start only at Liverpool in addition.

So, of all top clubs in Europe he wouldn't start only at 1-3 of them.
Not bad at all

I don t think he s better than Sterling and Rashford. But that s my oppinion.

JamDav1982

'Champions League Winning Level Player' is a moronic term.

Some great players win that trophy some dont.

Smiler Bam mocked Baca signing him and folk thinking he would improve team now does his usual and flips it to 'not a CL winning player' whatever the fuck that means.

Loves a strawman argument to get away from previous arguments made.

Bobo32

Not even the best player in the world would make this team winner in CL. (Messi)

The team was a fast taken corner, a clear miss from Dumbele, and/or a very afraid coach away from being sky-high favourites in the final just a couple of years ago.

As much as I dislike Depay and don't rate him, he has his advantages over Messi, just like most professional players. This team can win Champions League if everything goes right. Since Messi left, they are clearly not the favourites anymore.

JohnN

The team was a fast taken corner, a clear miss from Dumbele, and/or a very afraid coach away from being sky-high favourites in the final just a couple of years ago.

As much as I dislike Depay and don't rate him, he has his advantages over Messi, just like most professional players. This team can win Champions League if everything goes right. Since Messi left, they are clearly not the favourites anymore.

Perhaps if we had depay against Liverpool instead of Dembmele, we would be cl winners that year. Some times all you need is to not have a donkey missing empty net sitters.

Home of Barca Fans