Memphis Depay

fergus90

Now more than ever it's important for Barca to have a top keeper. Back when we had north of 70% possession, the opposition teams were reduced to very little meaningful goalmouth action for the most part and just required Valdes etc to be sharp at the vital moment (he wasn't without fault too at times of course).

We need a leader and real presence in goal who isn't afraid to marshal the defence too and keep them focused.

serghei

How I'd wish Madrid had a Stegen in goal in 2014-2018. They'd be lucky to bag 1 CL. Let's say 2. No way 4, not in a million years.

FinBarcelonafan

I am angry

Why?

Fati Depay Messi
Pedri Busquets FDJ
Alba Pique Umtiti Roberto
Mats

That can win treble with some luck

Depay Messi connection would be nuts

Fuck you Tebas for trying to blackmail and letting Messi go for free

Busi, Pique, Alba, Umtiti, Stegen and Roberto say different.

Way over the hill or mentally beat

serghei

Now more than ever it's important for Barca to have a top keeper. Back when we had north of 70% possession, the opposition teams were reduced to very little meaningful goalmouth action for the most part and just required Valdes etc to be sharp at the vital moment (he wasn't without fault too at times of course).

We need a leader and real presence in goal who isn't afraid to marshal the defence too and keep them focused.

2012 Chelsea semifinal was the tie that dropped Valdes 2 levels in my eyes. He was a disaster. If we switch keepers in that tie, we win by 3-4 goals margin. I thought he was more than ok up until that season, even considered him a standout in 2006 and 2009 campaigns (especially 2006 when he played well to keep a tough Milan to a 0 goals scored in the semis).

serghei

True. I doubt they win. Stegen would be the Karius the freezer man.

He wouldn't be Karius, but more often than not, the difficult saves that Navas made, and he made lots of them, Stegen would've conceded. The saves Navas made when Madrid were suffering were absolutely key. Repeatedly vs Bayern, and even in the final vs Atletico and Juve.

Keylor Navas was the best thing of that Madrid 3peat defense.

FinBarcelonafan

Good point and like you said, we really need top defenseman, someone alpha who can organize the defense and keep focus of the team.

In the end, Liverpools key success came after they signed Dijk and Allison. All the offense in the world won't fix shit defense. We need great goalkeeper and CB.

Birdy

Put Giovanni dos Santos in and have him believe he is the one to do it, and he could've easily have 0,746 as well. The question should be: should Barcelona be a team who lets itself be dependant on Meme-piss Depay in order to create? He is the sort of player who plays forcefully and with a very high error percentage, and it's no surprise he will be high in these lists. Tell Pedri or Coutinho to play like Depay and they would do it better.
LOL
No Giovani dos Santos could NEVEr register such number as he does not have the necessary quality to do so.

Sure, ideally a player should pose as much - and more - of a threat as Depay is, and at the same time not make any errors.
Hard to find..
And when it comes to the people that lead the line and attack, one should always prioritize threat as opposed to being error-free.

That's why you never want to use someone like Griezzy there, despite him not making errors.
Because he is harmless as fuck!

Same with the midfielders that you wanna be played as wingers or attackers. They play it safe, are good in preserving possession, but never actually do what an attacker is supposed to do: take fucking risks!

The threatening, not the harmless, ones win you games

Last edited:

malvolio

:lol: Another reason why football si kind of dumb as far as fan perception is concerned. Keeper is probably the most key position on the field, especially if your team is not riddled with world-class quality left and right. If you're crap there you're done. Say, if we had a world-class keeper I can make an argument where we'd be at least 1 more CL (if not 2) richer.

Nope, it isn't. Otherwise coaches would regard it as so. Sure, a top class keeper will more often than not be found at top class clubs. But you don't need the absolute best in that position to win stuff, you need a dependable/solid guy. It's more important to have a good overall team, than an excellent keeper in goal.

Messi983

:lol: Another reason why football si kind of dumb as far as fan perception is concerned. Keeper is probably the most key position on the field, especially if your team is not riddled with world-class quality left and right. If you're crap there you're done. Say, if we had a world-class keeper I can make an argument where we'd be at least 1 more CL (if not 2) richer.

Barca fans got used to crap managers and crap keepers for ages. I think we've been elite in 4/20 years in the manager's spot, and 0/20 years in the keeper area. Quite funny in a way, how demanding Barca fans are in attack, and how little in the goal or on the bench.

Look at fucking Chelsea. Hiddink, Mourinho, Conte, Tuchel, Ancelotti. All 5 of those are much better than any manager not named Pep Barca had since I've followed the club (nearly 20 years). Make a list of keepers as well. Cech > all Barca keepers in that timeframe. Now Mendy too. This guy Mendy catches more crosses in a game than Stegen did in 6 years.

Yeah, but Di Matteo was the one who won the first CL with them. And Tuchel only came in in midseason to replace Lampard who I'd say is worse than any coach we've had since 2003 except maybe Setien.

And they've also had likes of Avram Grant and AVB. Sarri as well who I personally don't rate too much.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I wonder if he has Koeman clause. If Koeman leaves, he can to.

That would suck.

We might have to keep Koemam just because Memphis

If it comes to that..

Hopefully things go well and Koeman can continue long time

Messigician

I wonder if he has Koeman clause. If Koeman leaves, he can to.

That would suck.

We might have to keep Koemam just because Memphis

If it comes to that..

Hopefully things go well and Koeman can continue long time

Lmfao

" I would have come to Barca without Koeman"
Depay

And you bring up nonsense like that lol

behindbrowneyes

Can't wait for Ansu coming back from injury. Can smell that Memphis will have a great chemistry with him. Those 1-2s with Klaassen yesterday can be Ansu.

Home of Barca Fans