Memphis Depay

fergus90

Totally agree. Umtiti winning training when most of the players are on international duty will prepare us well in shutting out the likes of Lewandowski, Messi and Haaland later in the tournament.

Horatio

You're welcome
post-match interview he was criticizing his game. Winning mentality. Will be crushed soon enough by the likes of Alba.

fergus90

Now on 33 goals for the Netherlands, equal with Johan Cruyff. Cruyff achieved in playing quite a few less games but still fantastic company to be in.

serghei

Shows you how much of a nonsense expensive transfers can be. Two of the best buys in recent years is a freebie from Lyon and a 16 year old lad from Las Palmas.

This Barca move has really invigorated him, he?s moving up another level.

Thank you. In reality, only 3-4 players who were on the market in the last 15 years were/are really worth 100m. We're talking about instant-impact undeniable world beaters.

Haaland, Mbappe, Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo. Everything else was pure hype.

Messigician

Thank you. In reality, only 3-4 players who were on the market in the last 15 years were/are really worth 100m. We're talking about instant-impact undeniable world beaters.

Haaland, Mbappe, Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo. Everything else was pure hype.

Bale was worth

serghei

Yeah but you don't pay cut 100m for a keeper

:lol: Another reason why football si kind of dumb as far as fan perception is concerned. Keeper is probably the most key position on the field, especially if your team is not riddled with world-class quality left and right. If you're crap there you're done. Say, if we had a world-class keeper I can make an argument where we'd be at least 1 more CL (if not 2) richer.

Barca fans got used to crap managers and crap keepers for ages. I think we've been elite in 4/20 years in the manager's spot, and 0/20 years in the keeper area. Quite funny in a way, how demanding Barca fans are in attack, and how little in the goal or on the bench.

Look at fucking Chelsea. Hiddink, Mourinho, Conte, Tuchel, Ancelotti. All 5 of those are much better than any manager not named Pep Barca had since I've followed the club (nearly 20 years). Make a list of keepers as well. Cech > all Barca keepers in that timeframe. Now Mendy too. This guy Mendy catches more crosses in a game than Stegen did in 6 years.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

:lol: Another reason why football si kind of dumb as far as fan perception is concerned. Keeper is probably the most key position on the field, especially if your team is not riddled with world-class quality left and right. If you're crap there you're done. Say if we had a world-class keeper I can make an argument where we'd be at least 1 more CL rich if not 2 richer.

Makes me absolutely sick how much MATS has cost us over the years in CL. Man concedes over 50% of shots on target in key games.

He's in a way far worse than any of the amigos. Because at least Busquets and Pique were once genuinely class.

Home of Barca Fans