Memphis Depay

iniestaGOAT

Players look at him like he's Messi. He picks up the ball and they just watch. If there was more movement from everyone there probably wouldn't be this heroball tendency in him. Whenever he gets it, it's almost like he's thinking "Well if I don't do something with it who else will"

This is true he does what he can and he seems like he works hard. The effort is there. Either way depay is the least of teams worries. Things should be fine attacking wise with Dembele, fati and Aguero back.

The defense is shambles.

vuji_31

We need 7 new players that are not brainwashed.

If it is true that Ten Haag is coming, and he wants out lenglet,puque,umtiti,roberto and rest put that are good news.

vuji_31

I also think that, so I just hope Koeman is done after this season and Xavi will not be the coach.

Ten Haag seems best option on market.

Bobo32

Pretty good stats in 2021. 31 goals + 16 assists.

Benzema in comparison has 34g + 12a.

I guess more than a third of those goals are on pens.
About a third are also with his NT, most of them playing against shitters...

But not to be nitpicky - he takes pens in Barcelona too, and gets to play against shitters as well!

Stat update Depay in Barcelona:
9 games (809 minutes), 3 goals (1 on pen), 1 assist.
Shots: 22 attempted, 12 on target (54%)
Passes: 412 attempted, 300 succeeded (72,8%)
Dribbles: 38 attempted, 18 succeeded (47,4%)
Receiving: 566 passes, 435 received (76,9%)
Aerial duels: 18, 7 won (38,9%)

Birdy

I guess more than a third of those goals are on pens.
About a third are also with his NT, most of them playing against shitters...

But not to be nitpicky - he takes pens in Barcelona too, and gets to play against shitters as well!

Stat update Depay in Barcelona:
9 games (809 minutes), 3 goals (1 on pen), 1 assist.
Shots: 22 attempted, 12 on target (54%)
Passes: 412 attempted, 300 succeeded (72,8%)
Dribbles: 38 attempted, 18 succeeded (47,4%)
Receiving: 566 passes, 435 received (76,9%)
Aerial duels: 18, 7 won (38,9%)

The best way to lie is not by commission, but by omission

Just for the context then:

Messi 20/21 - all competitions:
Shot on target percentage: 45.5% (career total also 45.6%)
Pass success: 82.3 %
Dribble success: 65.1 %
Receiving: 85.7%

Yeah, these are the numbers of Messi last season just for the people who fall for your propaganda, and thought for instance that 54% on target is bad, or that 47.4 is too low

Plus, I have warned you several times that you are purposefully (to strengthen your propaganda) avoiding the particular stats that show how useful Depay is for Barca, like shot-creating actions, goal-creating actions, xA, and the most advanced that you won't find easily like xT(threat)

JerseyAddict

Debatable. Ansu, dembele, aguero all have a claim, we will find out soon enough. Can't wait. Attacks gonna start looking good. I have high hopes.

Well, they have to prove AGAIN that they are better... nsu is back form injury, we don't know what to expect. Aguero is bakc from injury+old so what to expect.
So for me, Depay is good enough for this barca team level, what can't be said for Luuk or Braith or f* Dembouz.

Home of Barca Fans