Memphis Depay

jamrock

Now according to sport he wants to be paid the last year of his contract before he leaves on a free this summer.

Wtf is up with these guys at Barcelona.

malvolio

Now according to sport he wants to be paid the last year of his contract before he leaves on a free this summer.

Wtf is up with these guys at Barcelona.

All people in football do this kind of stuff.

When PSG sacked Pochettino they discussed the compensation package. One particular issue was stalling the negotiations. Pochettino wanted to be paid for the wins/titles PSG would have gotten if he was still the coach this season. Insane stuff.

https://parisunited.fr/le-club/le-staff/mauricio-pochettino-demande-un-bonus-pour-quitter-le-psg/

Fati_Future_BallonDor

JamDav1982

Club treating players like shit when it suits to try and get rid of them and players doing same back.

Cant have much complaints really.

Also getting the club into a situation where they cant register players they have signed increases the leverage players have to try and get some pay off as they know club are desperate.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't blame either Memphis or Braith. Anyone actually sign a year ago to be treated like this.

I have way more problem with the likes of Busquets. While being legends and all they should value the club more and not milk it like they have while giving back shit for years.

I only need to look at Modric who doesn't have anyone else carrying him around and giving back all to Madrid while initially being a Barca fan.

Bobo32

Can't blame either Memphis or Braith. Anyone actually sign a year ago to be treated like this.

I have way more problem with the likes of Busquets. While being legends and all they should value the club more and not milk it like they have while giving back shit for years.

Busquets is the captain of the team, whatever you think about that. He plays every game. I think it is a bit high to expect him to retire or break his own contract because a lot of bums on the internet are tired of him.

JamDav1982

Busquets is the captain of the team, whatever you think about that. He plays every game. I think it is a bit high to expect him to retire or break his own contract because a lot of bums on the internet are tired of him.

Aye... same 'bums' who knew Puig was atrocious while the brains claimed he was one of best midfielders in the world.

Lot of arrogance for someone who has so little clue.

malvolio

I only need to look at Modric who doesn't have anyone else carrying him around and giving back all to Madrid while initially being a Barca fan.

so you don't blame some good for nothing players who didn't win us shit, but which we paid very well.

but you have a problem with busquets who wasn't benched by anyone(club or NT) in his career and who was an integral part of our greatest era.

jamrock

I know with coaches it's standard practice to pay them out the remaining years of their contact or come to an agreement, but with players I doubt they get paid the remaining years of their contact if they are sold.

The mess with are in with all these contracts is crazy.

But re delay specifically, he shouldnt be asking to be paid the remaining year on his contract, it's a dick move, probably try to take you for his Dutch team mate.

snowy

so you don't blame some good for nothing players who didn't win us shit, but which we paid very well.

but you have a problem with busquets who wasn't benched by anyone(club or NT) in his career and who was an integral part of our greatest era.

not sure his sal but pretty sure memphis accepted a huge pay cut vs other offers

ditto with Adama iirc

irrespective of the sals, you can bet Laporta is preparing a mega barbecue where all the vets will be grilled by the media non-stop n shame 'em to death and if it doesn't work, it's gonna be like an ugly family feud Catalan paella style

much easier to exert pressure on the Legends than on the Mogadishu :pirate: or Frankie4 due to the history

Ratios!

Bobo32

I know with coaches it's standard practice to pay them out the remaining years of their contact or come to an agreement, but with players I doubt they get paid the remaining years of their contact if they are sold.

The mess with are in with all these contracts is crazy.

But re delay specifically, he shouldnt be asking to be paid the remaining year on his contract, it's a dick move, probably try to take you for his Dutch team mate.

Not if you are sold no. Managers aren't often bought.
The club can't force a player to break his contract, or to agree to a move. The player is in his right to sit out the contract. If the club tries to force you to leave, then it is another negotiation where they NEGOTIATE what parts of what the club owes the player should be paid in order to get rid of the player. With Barcelona, it seems the club are often unwilling to negotiate, with a lot of bad blood the result.
Yeah it was a bad decision to "sign Depay for free" last season, as I wrote then. Now he is another problem.

JamDav1982

Coaches situation is completely different than players and always has been.

100% correct decision to sign Depay for free last summer.

malvolio

not sure his sal but pretty sure memphis accepted a huge pay cut vs other offers

ditto with Adama iirc

irrespective of the sals, you can bet Laporta is preparing a mega barbecue where all the vets will be grilled by the media non-stop n shame 'em to death and if it doesn't work, it's gonna be like an ugly family feud Catalan paella style

much easier to exert pressure on the Legends than on the Mogadishu :pirate: or Frankie4 due to the history

Ratios!

huge paycut? nobody was in for him as otherwise there would have been a bidding war.

he gets 5M a season net. more than stegen, pedri or kounde.

i'm all for paying him what he is owed. but if we release him on a free so he can get a fat bonus and big salary elsewhere then it makes no sense for him to request that season to be paid.

jamrock

Bobo you lost me on what you trying to explain.

But getting depay was a smart move last summer, I'd do it again if given the opportunity.

He's now just trying to use the leverage he has to get more money out of the club, it certainly isn't typical to pay a player the remaining salary on his contract if he agrees to be sold, which going by reports he has.

If he wants to leave for a free, so he can get the sign on bonus that's different & fair play to him if he wants that, in a perfect world we would get at least 15m for him to help the net spend.

But him wanting to leave on a free plus get the last year of his contract is a dick move that can only be explained by the club shitting on de jong.

But fuck de jong, he ain't done shit for us since being here.

Home of Barca Fans