Memphis Depay

Co0ter

We've both explained it very clearly yet you keep using the same excuse. It's not up for discussion anymore. Xavi caters to Busquets. It doesnt work against top opposition. It barely even works against La Liga teams. It didnt work last season. It's not working this season. A team built around Busquets is trash. Xavi is wrong. Just deal with it.

iniestaGOAT

We've both explained it very clearly yet you keep using the same excuse. It's not up for discussion anymore. Xavi caters to Busquets. It doesnt work against top opposition. It barely even works against La Liga teams. It didnt work last season. It's not working this season. A team built around Busquets is trash. Xavi is wrong. Just deal with it.

You people said the same thing about xavi catering to ferran Torres he isn't even going to start this season

Quit posting rubbish, if xavi finds someone better he will start him he's not an idiot his job is on the line

vegitot

3 years and still the very same topic.

Even someone ruthless like Koeman prefered Busi over Frenkie for that DM spot.

Xavi is under very huge pressure now so i think he will try to get the best result. You see he gets rid of players he doesn't want, let young players go on loan, try cross tactic.

jamrock

Nothing for me to deal with really, I don't care it who starts

It's more the Frankie backers who need to deal with the fact that he can't bench busquets, it's driving y'all crazy.

I've long accept it, he isn't showing enough to bench a slow turtle, and it's embarrassing.

You ever seen succession, where they all expected the dad to step aside & he was like nah fuck that & that one son had to get ruthless to get him out.

That's how it is, no free lunches for Frankie, put up or shut up, a million execuses doesn't change the facts.

jamrock

Xavi has shown that each time he gets a better player, he starts the best man for the job.

Adama started well, then fell off, he Benched him for dembele who was on the bench at first.

Aubameyang was doing well for us, nope lewa is better.

Raphinha starts over fati

Pique is now a bench warmer.

But noooo, xavi has a hard on for busquets & hates the dutch man, that's why he can't bench a 34 year old that can no longer run.
It's embarrassing really.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
And if we believe xavi or anything successful would put their friend over their live long dream and chances of success, we need to meet more successful people.

Yes xavi's life long dream wasn't to be a football player but a manager...
Do you consider Laporta successful?

Messi983

If reported Chelsea offer for Auba is real we should sell him and keep Memphis. If both leave and with Ansu and Dembele's injury history we're basically one longterm injury away from having to sign emergency forwards again in January. I think things with Memphis already went too far for him now staying though. He has a personal deal with Juve who will give him pay raise he was looking for so we'd have to pay him more as well if we'd want him to renew. And while Xavi didn't put Memphis on his not wanted list like he did with other players and actually used him in preseason it was pretty obvious he prefers Auba and also publicly said he wants him to stay.

Messi983

WBY is club captain and has just scored 25 goals in Ligue 1 last season. Can't imagine Monaco would sell for anything less than 40-50m.

Co0ter

Nothing for me to deal with really, I don't care it who starts

It's more the Frankie backers who need to deal with the fact that he can't bench busquets, it's driving y'all crazy.

I've long accept it, he isn't showing enough to bench a slow turtle, and it's embarrassing.

You ever seen succession, where they all expected the dad to step aside & he was like nah fuck that & that one son had to get ruthless to get him out.

That's how it is, no free lunches for Frankie, put up or shut up, a million execuses doesn't change the facts.

The only thing that drives me crazy is watching us get knocked out of CL and lose countless games due to Busquets either being out of position or getting exposed by every top side.

Xavi has loyalty to players he played with and Busquets is a close friend. There is no footballing reason why Busquets wasnt replaced this summer and why he continues to start. It's because Xavi is choosing it. And he is wrong.

JamDav1982

Xavi has shown that each time he gets a better player, he starts the best man for the job.

Adama started well, then fell off, he Benched him for dembele who was on the bench at first.

Aubameyang was doing well for us, nope lewa is better.

Raphinha starts over fati

Pique is now a bench warmer.

But noooo, xavi has a hard on for busquets & hates the dutch man, that's why he can't bench a 34 year old that can no longer run.
It's embarrassing really.

Xavi thinks Busi is best DM in world and prefers what he brings to FDJ.

That is the point being argued.. whether that is correct or not.

Doesnt mean Xavi is correct.. you used to moan about Xavi playing likes of Torres too much and claimed cant drop him etc. Cant have it both ways.

Raphinha has started one game over Fati so far and even then... it has no impact on the Busi/FDJ debate when everyone agrees Xavi prefers Busquets as man to build DM area of team on anyway.

Xavi preferred Gavi to FDJ in Europa League and could well have cost him that trophy.

Xavi preferred Gavi to FDJ v Rayo and it was clear who was better player while on pitch.

The old 'cant argue with coaches decision' argument is a lame one.

You literally just said on another thread Xavi should have started Balde over Alba... cant question coach though as he chooses what is best for team..

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans