Memphis Depay

mc_lovin

the guy said "His movement and the spaces he takes are comparable to Benzema if you want to find a comparison."

i pointed out what Benzema is good at in general. that's why i asked if depay does all those things. not my problem people make shit up.

the way i see it we are going for a poor man's MSN. depay being poor man's neymar, messi being messi but older and aguero playing suarez's role but older and with no ability to bully defenders.

better than last year, with those two french bums and amateur footballer braithwaite. we'll have to see if it's enough.

as i've said already. would rather sign depay between him and wijnaldum.

Have you actually watched some games of Depay (especially for his national team)? His movement is a carbon copy of Benzema's movement. Stays in the center and rotates to the left wing. Just worse as he's not as good a talent. Brings in physicality and ability with his back to goal. He's not "bodyless" like Griezmann or current Messi.

Again, he's not an elite talent like Benzema or prime Suarez, but pretty much the next best thing. His holdup play is a lot better than that of Jovic, Daka,... (to name some flavours of the month).

Messi983

Looks a bit insane to be fair. Far too many top dogs. Makes me wonder if Messi behind two strikers is possible (like Depay/Fati-Griezmann/Dembele). But definitely preferable to the situation we had last season. Finally some options (if Depay arrives).

Yeah, but then again there are some injury concerns about Fati, Dembele and Kun.

And that's also one of the reasons why I'd prefer to keep Griezmann. He might not be the best fit but you know he'll always be available to play 50+ games every season.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Does he play with back to goal? Does he play one-twos? Does he occupy defenders to create space for others? Not strong enough to shrug challenges. Non-existent in aerial game.

Excellent fit for Messi? How?

He is very good with his back to goal. He is strong enough to shrug challenges. Physicality is an important part of his game.

Porque

He is going to be another one of these Coutinho-Griezmann-Depay lineage who doesn't fit any defined role as the tactics are all oscillating around Messi- for obvious reasons even if he is getting on.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't think he'll have too much trouble adapting to our system. Will prove to be useful, I'm sure of it.

jairzinho

He is going to be another one of these Coutinho-Griezmann-Depay lineage who doesn't fit any defined role as the tactics are all oscillating around Messi- for obvious reasons even if he is getting on.

Barca is really obsessed with these type of players. Guess the logic they use is he scores lots of goals so he must be good. My main issue with Depay is where would he play? RW, LW,CF?.

The games that i watch with him, he is always playing centrally. Rarely plays on the wing or up front as a ST. Basically he is playing most of the time like a #10. I can't get my hands on an average heat map but from watching him he spends most of his time in the middle of the pitch.

malvolio

Barca is really obsessed with these type of players. Guess the logic they use is he scores lots of goals so he must be good. My main issue with Depay is where would he play? RW, LW,CF?.

The games that i watch with him, he is always playing centrally. Rarely plays on the wing or up front as a ST. Basically he is playing most of the time like a #10. I can't get my hands on an average heat map but from watching him he spends most of his time in the middle of the pitch.

said the same thing but all i got were comparisons with benzema. i've looked up several videos of him and he is no benzema or ST style player.

take away his penalties and free kicks, as messi won't share many of those.

JamDav1982

said the same thing but all i got were comparisons with benzema. i've looked up several videos of him and he is no benzema or ST style player.

take away his penalties and free kicks, as messi won't share many of those.

Do you think Barca should sign Depay?

Assuming contract is reasonable financially and similar to Aguero etc.

Barca maybe need someone else to try corners and FKs into box if Messi will give them up at time as record scoring from them was horrific last season but not much to aim for either.

Porque

The closest role for him in our 11 would be a Firmino type role in 433 or even 4231. One where he activates the AML and AMR around him.

So Messi as the upgraded Salah and Ansu/Dembele as the downgraded Sane.

But with Abueloooooo he may not get that role and instead be on the AML living off scraps as Aguero and Messi play between each other and the rest play Messi&Inshallah.

wisconsincule

Memphis is FREE. It’s not like we are spending 80 million on him. If he flops we will be able to sell him. He will not be on massive wages like Coutinho or Griezmann.

Barcelona have no money. This is a great market opportunity.

People here hate the signing but we legitimately cannot buy anyone.

There are so many people who just have to be negative about every single thing. Life must suck being so miserable all the time.

CatalinR10

Memphis is FREE. It’s not like we are spending 80 million on him. If he flops we will be able to sell him. He will not be on massive wages like Coutinho or Griezmann.

Barcelona have no money. This is a great market opportunity.

pretty much why I'm all aboard when it comes to this transfer

Home of Barca Fans