Memphis Depay

Bobo32

Memphis has scored 15 penalty goals out of 16 penalty kicks since 19/20 in club games.

A penalty success rate of 93.75%. The only one he missed was in the loss against Rayo, which led to the sack of Koeman, so that should make him a legend to some.

There are some who make fun of a high number of penalty goals, but it is an undervalued quality. Griezmann, Messi and some others missed quite a few in recent history.

Not at all undervalued, as these goals are regularly valued as equal to other goals while they clearly are not.
I think he missed some in the NT, lowering his actual number, but his 93,75% does not make much difference, if Barcelona let someone with a terrible 71,3% conversion rate take them, it would be a one or two goals difference over a season, and if you look at the numbers I posted earlier you realize that is quickly eaten up by players scoring 2, 3 or 4 times as often in open play.

Depay scoring 10 goals "despite" his injury..... He is currently the player with 8th most minutes played in Barcelona this season. 2 assists and 6 non penalty goals, and a lot of TERRIBLE performances. Jutgla and Abde overshone him in most games.

jamrock

Not at all undervalued, as these goals are regularly valued as equal to other goals while they clearly are not.
I think he missed some in the NT, lowering his actual number, but his 93,75% does not make much difference, if Barcelona let someone with a terrible 71,3% conversion rate take them, it would be a one or two goals difference over a season, and if you look at the numbers I posted earlier you realize that is quickly eaten up by players scoring 2, 3 or 4 times as often in open play.

Depay scoring 10 goals "despite" his injury..... He is currently the player with 8th most minutes played in Barcelona this season. 2 assists and 6 non penalty goals, and a lot of TERRIBLE performances. Jutgla and Abde overshone him in most games.

🤣🤣

ajnotkeith

If you won a penalty yourself, it doesn't deserve to be subtracted from your total as you created the goal yourself.

I think Depay won 3 of 4 of those pens. So they are similar to regular goals for me.

Bobo32

If you won a penalty yourself, it doesn't deserve to be subtracted from your total as you created the goal yourself.

I think Depay won 3 of 4 of those pens. So they are similar to regular goals for me.

A won pen should be counted as an assist.
The defender waving with his hand close to the edge of the area yesterday with Depay already on his way to take the corner is not really a "won penalty" though, that was just a mistake by the defender, and partly a msitake by the ref and/or the law makers.

ajnotkeith

A won pen should be counted as an assist.
The defender waving with his hand close to the edge of the area yesterday with Depay already on his way to take the corner is not really a "won penalty" though, that was just a mistake by the defender, and partly a msitake by the ref and/or the law makers.

So if you won the pen and scored the pen, you 'assisted' and scored the goal I.e you created the goal yourself.

So if you won a pen and scored it, it can be counted as similar to a regular goal surely? Not fair to discount those.

Bobo32

So if you won the pen and scored the pen, you 'assisted' and scored the goal I.e you created the goal yourself.

So if you won a pen and scored it, it can be counted as similar to a regular goal surely? Not fair to discount those.

Goals count as goals, but if you compare the amount of goals scored between players, especially inside one team, it is very unfair to count the penalty goals.
If Marc Andre ter Stegen was the penalty taker for Barcelona, he'd have scored around 4 goals too, but I don't think anyone would call him a good goal scorer.

behindbrowneyes

Wasn't...

Good shot that Pena saved, but other than that looked off in general.
It's telling that he hasn't been part of the team for some while

He wasn't part of the team for some while because others performed well during his absenteeism. Depth in offense has changed a lot. Guys like Braithwaite, Jutgla or Abde don't even get minutes, while they were or would have been starters in quite some games last year.

SeloBarca

Not good enough to make the team any better in attack.
Auba is 2x better, but hes not the future.
Adama is also better but not the future.
Torres has not showed his potential.
Dembele is Dembele.
Luuk is benchplayer at best.
Braithwaite, is he still in the club?

Yea..there is alot of improvement needed for the attack aswell.

Home of Barca Fans