Men’s shortlists for FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013 revealed

MVBarcaFan

Heynckes for coach of the year. Klopp coming in second with Conte or Scolari as third.

As for players, it is a tough one. I don't think Leo will win it this time. I don't think Ribery deserves it, but he will probably win it. Personally, I'd like to see Zlatan finish third, but that's just wishful thinking.

Zuess99

I dont think the people who vote have watched the bundesliga well enough and ribery hasnt exactly done "wwwwoooowww" stuff apart from this season. Maybe this seasons performance might convince people but remember that not alot of people watch bayern and votes from all coaches and captains count .

poldep

Messi has to win. He plays in his own league, he is that good. And remember a lot of South American players will also vote.
And Diego Simeone def deserves to be on that list.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Messi is the best player in the world.

But that should not mean he automatically wins this award every year.

It should be all about achievement during the calendar year and the influence in terms of trophies won and consistency. Which is why I don't believe Messi deserves to win it this year.

Now I am awaiting a rollicking from you all!

pEllee

Messi is the best player in the world.

But that should not mean he automatically wins this award every year.

It should be all about achievement during the calendar year and the influence in terms of trophies won and consistency. Which is why I don't believe Messi deserves to win it this year.

Now I am awaiting a rollicking from you all!

Why? It just says achievements. There are no real criteria.

Which is why this award is so stupid.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Robben for Ballon D'Or! ;) At least he is more deserving than Ribery.

Stole this from the Bayern forum:

Since the award is for the calendar year only, IMO Robben has been the better player in 2013. He delivered when it mattered the most. He was simply brilliant against Juve, Barca and BVB in the champions league having scored 2 against Barca as well as the game-winning goal and MOTM performance in the final. He also scored the crucial goal that knocked out BVB in the DFB pokal. While Ribery was brilliantly consistent for the entire season, Robben had much more impact during the second half of the season. In the new season, Robben is slightly the more effective player because he has the highest goal contributions out of any player.

Stats Comparison:

2012-2013 Bundesliga matches in the 2013 calendar year:

- Robben, 618 minutes, 5 goals, 5 assists, Goal/Assist every 61.8 minutes
- Ribery, 1060 minutes, 6 goals, 8 assists, Goal/Assist every 75.7 minutes

2012-2013 Champions League matches in the 2013 calendar year:

- Robben, 553 minutes, 3 goals, 1 assist, Goal/Assist every 138.3 minutes
- Ribery, 497 minutes, 0 goals, 3 assists, Goal/Assist every 165.7 minutes

2012-2013 DFB Pokal matches in the 2013 calendar year:

- Robben, 245 minutes, 2 goals, 2 assists, Goal/Assist every 61.3 minutes
- Ribery, 90 minutes, 0 goals, 0 assists, ------------------------------

2013-2014 Bundesliga matches:

- Robben,555 minutes, 3 goals, 3 assists, Goal/Assist every 92.5 minutes
- Ribery, 710 minutes, 3 goals, 5 assists, Goal/Assist every 88.8 minutes

2013-2014 Champions League matches:

- Robben, 245 minutes, 2 goals, 4 assists, Goal/Assist every 40.8 minutes
- Ribery, 237 minutes, 3 goals, 0 assists, Goal/Assist every 79.0 minutes

2013-2014 DFB Pokal matches:

- Robben, 90 minutes, 1 goal, 2 assists, Goal/Assist every 30 minutes
- Ribery, 30 minutes, 1 goal, 0 assists, Goal/Assist every 30 minutes

F

Flavia

Saw some tweets claiming the bdor this year will have 5 finalists instead of the usual 3.

MVBarcaFan

If Zlatan knocks out Cristiano and France can't get past Ukraine, I wonder how much of a boost that would give him as a serious contender to win it.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Saw some tweets claiming the bdor this year will have 5 finalists instead of the usual 3.

It wouldn't make a difference considering that when FIFA announce those finalists, the already know the winner as voting ends next Friday and there won't be another round of voting. They just announce the 3 players with the most votes to increase the suspense, although it doesn't mean anything. But still, I think I've already seen FIFA mentioning 3.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This guy is always full of himself, just like CR7. Everyone wanted a piece of him, according to Ribery.

Franck Ribery: 'I could win Ballon d'Or'

By Paul Gorst, Reporter
Filed: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 03:26 UK
Last Updated: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 03:30 UK
Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery feels that he has a good chance of winning this year's Ballon d'Or.

The France international is one of the favourites to land the accolade alongside Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

"My chances look good," Ribery told beIN Sport.

"This season has been one of my best years and I was fortunate enough to win it all.

"We'll see what happens, Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player."

Meanwhile, Ribery also recently revealed that Barca and Madrid were at one point, interested in him.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't know about Real but we sure were interested in signing him... as a replacement for the colossal Thierry Henry of the 08-09 season.

besides, he didn't sound very bad in this quote... He just mentioned he had his best season ever and was lucky enough to show the trophies for it, tbh not very self-centred about it. On the other hand, his previous statements were pig-like

Home of Barca Fans