Mesut Ozil

Maria

Welt is a serious newspaper. That exact quote was included in the above article.

So how did they reached this conclusion:

it was indeed Perez who wanted to sell Özil, not Ancelotti who has actually declared that Özil was the missing piece of the puzzle for this team to fullfill its potential in the 4-3-3 formation, since Isco can't do what Özil does offensively and Di Maria, who currently plays in the CAM position is too limited for the job, but apparently still fits better than Isco.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I don't like how Welt write their articles (information recycling), but that article was alright and accurate on the quotes etc.
The transfer and the campaign that followed was typical RM circus, good for Ozil that he's out of there. If Ancelotti doesn't miss him he should stop talking about him and get over it altogether, doesn't really seem convincing if he says stuff like "Wenger owes me dinner" on a regular basis.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

So how did they reached this conclusion:

Are you seriously telling me you are NOT able to interpret what Ancelotti meant by "no, because that would mean we made a mistake"???
Also that interview consisted of more than just that one sentence, which you are aware of, I guess.

Maria

If Ancelotti doesn't miss him he should stop talking about him and get over it altogether, doesn't really seem convincing if he says stuff like "Wenger owes me dinner" on a regular basis.

You do realize that he was asked about Ozil though(and Higuain), don't you? What should the man have said? No comments?

Are you seriously telling me you are NOT able to interpret what Ancelotti meant by "no, because that would mean we made a mistake"???
Also that interview consisted of more than just that one sentence, which you are aware of, I guess.

I don't speak german, but I've read the interview in spanish and I still can't see how they've reached the conclusion that "Özil was the missing piece of the puzzle for this team to fullfill its potential in the 4-3-3 formation" when RM have Modric who is amazing in that system and if Khedira wouldn't have been injured Ancelotti would have probably played with him, Xabi and Modric in midfield.

Alarcón

Welt is a serious newspaper. That exact quote was included in the above article.

Welt is indeed serious but their football section is so-so (alike most German papers, even the serious ones) and they're heavily biased when it comes to German football or Bayern. I wouldn't call the article rubbish but it's very sensationalist and based on quotes that have been denied by Madrid several times.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Welt is indeed serious but their football section is so-so (alike most German papers, even the serious ones) and they're heavily biased when it comes to German football or Bayern. I wouldn't call the article rubbish but it's very sensationalist and based on quotes that have been denied by Madrid several times.

Yes, just because you deny something, doesn't mean you are not lying while doing it. It's even mentioned in the article.

Alarcón

Yes, just because you deny something, doesn't mean you are not lying. It's even mentioned in the article.

That's exactly the problem, the article doesn't stay neutral and let the reader decide whether you should believe one party or another but it takes the decision for you. To me, that's one hint that the article is just trying to be sensationalist to gain readers and show Özil in a better light.

I seriously doubt a coach with as much experience as Ancelotti would say such things but I can't know, of course.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
You do realize that he was asked about Ozil though(and Higuain), don't you? What should the man have said? No comments?
No, but that particular quote I mentioned was ott. I don't even get it, if Wenger owes him dinner this would mean that Ancelotti did something for him which he didn't want or which caused him some trouble/effort - which doesn't apply for the Özil deal according to Ancelotti. If Özil just walked out because he feared competition (as Ancelotti said) or if Ancelotti sold him because he'd be less important for team dynamics than Di Maria (as Ancelotti said), then I don't see why Wenger would owe him dinner. Also, I don't think that's polite, as it somehow indicates that Arsenal's good form is solely thanks to Ancelotti selling them Özil.

Anyways, that's splitting hairs. Regardless of Ancelotti's comments, I don't think it was fair how Özil sold/treated, but that's my personal opinion and doesn't have much to do with Ancelotti - rather with RM and Perez. Özil is not the only case either.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

That's exactly the problem, the article doesn't stay neutral and let the reader decide whether you should believe one party or another but it takes the decision for you. To me, that's one hint that the article is just trying to be sensationalist to gain readers and show Özil in a better light.

I seriously doubt a coach with as much experience as Ancelotti would say such things but I can't know, of course.

You have faction A, which is seriously embarrassed by the given allegation and merely deny it, while faction B says "We have it on tape", I don't need to think twice who I believe.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
When Ozil is bad, he is reaaaaaaaaly bad. Nightmarish game vs Liverpool just days ago, and horrific game vs Bayern today. After he messed up that penalty, he completely switched off. Atrocious performance.

The Observer

He's mediocre at best since Christmas already. Wenger's fault. Never let a player take a penalty when he's up against his national team collegue. Cazorla should have taken it.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I heard he is partying to much, I also heard that is why Real sold him - don't know how much truth there is to that, but boy he sucked tonight :shakeshead:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
When Ozil is bad, he is reaaaaaaaaly bad. Nightmarish game vs Liverpool just days ago, and horrific game vs Bayern today. After he messed up that penalty, he completely switched off. Atrocious performance.

He's mediocre at best since Christmas already. Wenger's fault. Never let a player take a penalty when he's up against his national team collegue. Cazorla should have taken it.

Between the Liverpool and this game, he had a good game against United and excellent one against Liverpool in the cup last week imo.

Agree about the penalty bit, why let Ozil take it against Neuer of all people?

Thought he was very good until the penalty though. That probably completely destroyed his confidence/concentration. Obviously knackered too, played 170 minutes in the last 7 days against tough teams.

I heard he is partying to much, I also heard that is why Real sold him - don't know how much truth there is to that, but boy he sucked tonight :shakeshead:

Tbf, that came from marca. They even took it back.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans