Mesut Ozil

Nani17

Do you guys think he suits your system? He comes across as somebody he plays in the trequartista role, and I don't think you need him. Unless you adopted a different formation to allocate him to play in an AMC role I don't think you will utilise the best of his ability.

barca96

he finally came back to earth.
wasnt man marked and still didnt make any impact in the match.
not ready for barca

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Do we really want to sign him now? I'm not saying he's a bad player, but a lot of people have been pulling the signing trigger like mad lately...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Do we really want to sign him now? I'm not saying he's a bad player, but a lot of people have been pulling the signing trigger like mad lately...

I still say he's phenomenal...Did you see how often he was crowded by 2 or 3 defenders?...He was very composed on the ball everytime he was in the final third...Never fair to rate a player facing a Barca, ahem Spanish side, who dominate possession, IMHO

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Disagree. He showed flashes here and there but the incredible ball pressing by Spain and lack of support from the German midfield left no space whatsoever for him.

Barcafan 2304

One so so game doesnt alter the fact he has had a great world cup and certainly, he will be chased by many of the top clubs.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Well yeah... As I said, I don't think he's a bad player at all... We just need to cool down on singning spree... I think we don't need him desperately...

barca96

Well yeah... As I said, I don't think he's a bad player at all... We just need to cool down on singning spree... I think we don't need him desperately...

cos of some 3 good matches..
some were even saying that he is better than cesc..:angry:
i mean the kid is good but cmon...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
cos of some 3 good matches..
some were even saying that he is better than cesc..:angry:
i mean the kid is good but cmon...

I'm sure El Tren would concur but I've watched Mesut a lot this season, the hype is real & it's legit...The kid is no 3 match WC wonder

lenuam

I'm sure El Tren would concur but I've watched Mesut a lot this season, the hype is real & it's legit...The kid is no 3 match WC wonder
He fails to deliver when he really has to. He clearly lacks constancy. And today's match proved that he's far away from being world-class.
I've been following his season as well, and I don't think the hype is legit at all.

Trillske

He was pretty good today. Spains defense is just so awesome. A part of me thinks its fachinating, the other nine parts f_ing hates the booring games.
Anyway, I woudnt judge anyone in Germany individually in this game, even a good player can look bad in a condition like that.

Nani17

Germany hardly had the ball, when they did he made some key passes, the main one being for Klose in the first half before Puyol intervened. You can't judge someone on one game.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Germany hardly had the ball, when they did he made some key passes, the main one being for Klose in the first half before Puyol intervened. You can't judge someone on one game.

Very true and as I alluded to earlier, how can you judge a player when he's facing a possession whoring side like Spain, to begin with?

Truth is, despite all of that, he still impressed me...But, then again, I love the kid

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
mesut whozil?

I kid, I kid.

very good player, but massively overrated right now.

he'll learn from this defeat and grow.

Home of Barca Fans