Mesut Ozil

Bertus

Funny anecdote.

Today on french TV, there was a debate about what happened around Ozil this transfer window.

Then the main interviewer launched a video of Ozil's girlfriend and for like good 5 min they more talked about her than Ozil himself :lol:

One of them was like "yeah i don't care" when somebody was asking him something about ozil because he was too busy looking at the video.

Then for another 5 min they talked about how she could become the new victoria beckham.

What a messed up debate :lol:

Elite-BkD

He's currently the best German player. I like Reus and Götze as well, but Özil is above them. Götze is extremely young, has loads of potential and might become one of the best in the world in the future, it'll be exciting to see how he develops. But then again, Özil is young still, too. The future doesn't look too bad for Germany in general...

Schweinsteiger > Ozil

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Some of you guys... really

You are a German International player , a main starter... so your club buys a "Better-(Bale) " player ..most expensive one who will probably take your spot which you already were fighting for with two other players (Di Maria - Isco ) the later became instant fan favorite , moreover it's a new formation that won't allow you to be as effective as the old formation
As well your most important matter .... it's the World cup year.. your country is currently gifted with players who can fill your spot and everybody wants to make the starting spot so will you risk staying and probably be shifted to a part player or move to a team that will cherish your talent and will allow you to be the main start and starter in all games ?
No one pushed him out as you make it... the situation was clear he will not be a guaranteed starter and the competition is getting more & more hard for him...
I like Ozil , but i know he has his limitations in terms of fitness he can still make that killer pass which will make him fan favorite in Arsenal and a revelation in the EPL but for me i'd pick Isco because not only he provide the same , he score more , he dictate the play and a lot more versatile and above all Spanish

I was prepared to write something similar but your spared me the effort, thankfully. One thing to add, Ancelotti hasn't singled a single player out for sale, he asked for all his players to remain and he spoke AGAINST BALE. Ozil had Ancelotti's confidence, he just didn't have self confidence and it makes sense, he was upset with being a right winger. He had Di Maria, Jese both beat in pecking order, but not Bale due to hype.

He knows tactically he won't play his favorite position, he just won't even though if he had more self confidence he could displace Isco (who is raw as hell and was shell shocked) but as per his words (never mind Mourinho's report on him and Benzema) he needs the full and undeniable trust from the coach. So he left, I wouldn't say it is good riddance because I loved Ozil, but this is the case at Madrid, you will have competition and if you cannot deal with it you are OUT!

Benzema is next, if the club feel that he is not mentally fully there, he will also be sold, depends on how well he will respond to Zidane because you can bet your left nut we will purchase a striker next season, and if he will dwell, then fuck him. Mentally you have to be as strong as Ramos (not the nut case he is, but the confidence to bounce back).

Considering Bale was arriving no matter what, we already discussed how tactically Ozil is the surplus to the requirement.

Elite-BkD

In terms of skill/talent?

Quite possibly, if I'm interpreting your question correctly it's an area they are very close in, and you can't write off Schweinsteiger just because he plays deeper.
On top of that, Schweinsteiger is much more consistent and is sensational in a much broader range of abilities than Ozil.

psychotsek

Well I like he finally left Madrid. In a couple of years when Xavi has retired and Iniesta is 31-32 I can see him next to Cesc in our midfield.
Cesc-Busi-Ozil ftw!

aaron101

Well I like he finally left Madrid. In a couple of years when Xavi has retired and Iniesta is 31-32 I can see him next to Cesc in our midfield.
Cesc-Busi-Ozil ftw!

No CM? We can't have 2 number 10's on the same lineup. Our midfield consist of CM, AM and DM.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Ozil had Ancelotti's confidence, he just didn't have self confidence and it makes sense, he was upset with being a right winger. He had Di Maria, Jese both beat in pecking order, but not Bale due to hype.

He knows tactically he won't play his favorite position, he just won't even though if he had more self confidence he could displace Isco (who is raw as hell and was shell shocked) but as per his words (never mind Mourinho's report on him and Benzema) he needs the full and undeniable trust from the coach.

Self-confidence, or awareniss of his own skills if you want to put it that way, certainly was an issue with Özil. If he had had more self-confidence, he probably would have tried to finish more by himself and scored more, which is where Isco is ahead of him. In that case I doubt Real would have let him go.

But to move away from Real:

Beast

The Observer
Honestly.. Arsenal fans would be happy even if they signed Henry again or pulled Gabi Milito from retirement ...
When you are desperate the smallest achievement matter.. just like Cule's towards the end were happy to get even Adil Rami or Mathieu just to have any sort of defensive reinforcement (which always made me wondered.. if they were going for Mathieu or Rami might as well have kept Abidal or released Abidal after they secured a back up )

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Honestly.. Arsenal fans would be happy even if they signed Henry again or pulled Gabi Milito from retirement ...
When you are desperate the smallest achievement matter.. just like Cule's towards the end were happy to get even Adil Rami or Mathieu just to have any sort of defensive reinforcement (which always made me wondered.. if they were going for Mathieu or Rami might as well have kept Abidal or released Abidal after they secured a back up )

So what, the reaction was still funny. And Ozil is world-class player joining Arsenal after several years of drought.

B

Beans

Ozil is the best pure assistant in the world.

Third - behind Lionel Messi and Juan Mata.

Ozil isn't going to be assisting Higuain, Ronaldo and Benzema at Arsenal, it'll be Giroud (and possibly Bendtner). His numbers are about to take a very heavy hit.

Messi's in a league of his own and, well, Mata's been laying them on for a Fernando Torres imposter for the past two years.

Home of Barca Fans