Mikayil Faye

JamDav1982

Loan to Girona/Sociedad/Villarreal could do wonders for him, doubt he'll get enough first team minutes here.

With Araujo potentially out until the new year and Cubarsi away at Olympics etc there does open up the chances for minutes at least in first half of season.

Flick should be looking at him as much as can as that Real line will be scary with the pace they have and he is one of few physical/fast CBs Barca have.

He is lucky he is not in hospital with a broken ankle after that tackle tonight.

Should have been a red.

BJJ

I thought he was good with plenty of room to improve. CB wise we are stacked. Cubarsi, Kounde,Christensen and Faye.
Eric Garcia and Araujo are there too.

BusiTheKing

He's not a natural LB is he? Was out there committing cardinal sins of defensive passing, putting a high ball into our own area.

Porque

Going to be sold with a buyback to raise some dough.

Should have definitely got a proper LCB casting otherwise.

Opportunity missed.

Andresito

Staff member
He's been given scarce minutes due to injury, supposedly. Not sure if that's a tactic or if they really want him out.

TheStig

He seems to heavy to play LB and we have a lot of fullback talents to play there. He should be one of our CBs for this season. Araujo, Cubarsi, Faye and Kounde/Christensen which cover other positions also. In case of injuries we have Fall and Sergi in B team. Do everything to offload Lenglet, Eric and Inigo but I don't get my hopes up.

JamDav1982

He played LB for atheltic team I am sure on occasion and was he not there for Senegal last few games.

Could be ideal for a LB that tucks in to a 3 defensively.

Asking him to play attacking FB could be a lot of running, poor decisions in amongst some great balls in and some Bob Carlos like efforts from tight angles and distance.

jamrock

I'm hoping he's carrying a knock, because without Araujo, he's the only CB we have that can actually keep up with a pacy winger.

Home of Barca Fans