Mikayil Faye

JamDav1982

Aye such a pub player he was one of best teams in Girona who finished 3rd and just won a gold medal with a very good Olympics.

He has issues with diving in too early at times but wasnt as bad as made out and every mistake magnified.

Would rather have him than likes of Inigo if that is the choice.

companyofcules

And Girona was known for their attack, the defense was, tactically and in quality, the reason why they didn't won La Liga.
Only Talk FCB and Barto are known for seeing gemstones like Lenglet in shit defenses.

JamDav1982

And Girona was known for their attack, the defense was, tactically and in quality, the reason why they didn't won La Liga.
Only Talk FCB and Barto are known for seeing gemstones like Lenglet in shit defenses.

Haha as if Girona not winning La Liga is any argument...

They lost 2 fewer goals in La Liga than Barca did.

Attacking teams only benefit from it if team can cope at other end.. if not then it doesnt work.

Lets see.. if he stays I think he will be better than is made out and had a good season.

But still think good chance he leaves.

companyofcules

Aye such a pub player he was one of best teams in Girona who finished 3rd and just won a gold medal with a very good Olympics.

He has issues with diving in too early at times but wasnt as bad as made out and every mistake magnified.

Would rather have him than likes of Inigo if that is the choice.
Having him and german tactics is a a safe way to 8-2 v2. His best chance is playing DM. I don't see him being some gym monster out of nowhere and at least Gavi/Casado have the attitude. I didn't say he lacks talent but we want to win UCL not UEL. He failed even that under Xavi.

JamDav1982

Having him and german tactics is a a safe way to 8-2 v2. His best chance is playing DM. I don't see him being some gym monster out of nowhere and at least Gavi/Casado have the attitude. I didn't say he lacks talent but we want to win UCL not UEL. He failed even that under Xavi.

Failed what under Xavi?

I agree he was making errors.. and too often the same ones of trying to win ball too early mostly.

The argument for Garcia would pretty much be him v Inigo at this point.

ajnotkeith

Ferran is a good player. Even though he isn't incredible the hate for him here is so bizarre, I feel like it's because he was our first signing in that lowest moment and therefore people associate the bad times then with him/put unrealistic expectations on him.

But he was never that bad and I can assure there are clubs who would pay a decent fee for him if he wanted to leave. He has upside and can also be useful this season.

jamrock

Ferran is a good player. Even though he isn't incredible the hate for him here is so bizarre, I feel like it's because he was our first signing in that lowest moment and therefore people associate the bad times then with him/put unrealistic expectations on him.

But he was never that bad and I can assure there are clubs who would pay a decent fee for him if he wanted to leave. He has upside and can also be useful this season.

If decent you mean 5-10m, maybe

But let's not destroy faye trend with Torres and Garcia.

ajnotkeith

If decent you mean 5-10m, maybe

But let's not destroy faye trend with Torres and Garcia.
I would say more like 30m and I think Ferran has a far better market than Garcia.

Ferran showed top performances with City and Spain and has had great games for us as well even though he missed a lot of chances and has some limitations in terms of not having a clear role. A lot of clubs especially mid table or EL ones will think they could do a lot worse, and he is also still young and has a lot of room for growth.

He probably won't succeed here, but I can see him being a success for say an EL side, and I think he could get 15-20 LaLiga goals if he started almost all games in the season like Lewa has.

I'm not saying he will be a star for us or that his signing has been successful, I think his time here is probably up unless something drastic changes, but I also don't think he is that bad and I don't see him as deadwood. His performances against Madrid for example confirm that, there is a player in there, it just wasn't the right time to come here.

Last season for example - he had 7 LaLiga goals whilst mostly playing from the bench.

Home of Barca Fans