Mikayil Faye

jamrock

I would say more like 30m and I think Ferran has a far better market than Garcia.

Ferran showed top performances with City and Spain and has had great games for us as well even though he missed a lot of chances and has some limitations in terms of not having a clear role. A lot of clubs especially mid table or EL ones will think they could do a lot worse, and he is also still young and has a lot of room for growth.

He probably won't succeed here, but I can see him being a success for say an EL side, and I think he could get 15-20 LaLiga goals if he started almost all games in the season like Lewa has.

I'm not saying he will be a star for us or that his signing has been successful, I think his time here is probably up unless something drastic changes, but I also don't think he is that bad and I don't see him as deadwood. His performances against Madrid for example confirm that, there is a player in there, it just wasn't the right time to come here.

All very reasonable, but I promise you no one is paying 30m for Torres.

If/when he leaves, it will either be on a free or for less than 15m euros.

When someone has to point out specific games to highly if a player is or isn't good, tells you everyone you need to know about said player, his time at City is long forgotten.

If you think anyone around the club thinks Torres offers more value that 30m euros, you are sadly mistaken, they would bite someone hands off for that offer, but it will simply never come.

JamDav1982

That intervention is pub level. Already mentioned Busquets and I will not transform the Faye page in why we failed list of reasons. You asked, I provided.
Now let's focus on real CB.

There were a ton of players pub level in those ties is the point.

Xavi himself was.

I asked because I knew what answer would be... and it came.

jamrock

Let's just all hope it he does leave it's on a loan or to a league where we can input a buyback clause, should keep him under our control the next 12-24 months.

Porque

Torres is a solid player but as an attacker at Barcelona, time and time again we see that these type of players who lack technically and speed will fail here.

Plenty of teams would be interested, but he is probably earning a little bit over his market value. That and he probably doesn't want to leave, and certainly not for a wage drop.

Thing is also, if you are a right footed attacker but can not function on the left then you got issues. Especially at a club like ours where you need to be able to cut in linkup, dribble and have an immense first touch under pressure.

ajnotkeith

All very reasonable, but I promise you no one is paying 30m for Torres.

If/when he leaves, it will either be on a free or for less than 15m euros.

When someone has to point out specific games to highly if a player is or isn't good, tells you everyone you need to know about said player, his time at City is long forgotten.
I agree it won't happen in reality mainly because he wants to keep his contract and doesn't want to leave. Equally as Porque said he's on good wages with a contract till 2027, he may not want to give that up to take a wage drop to play at somewhere like West Ham for example.

But I think if he was entirely willing to leave also to worse clubs, there would be mid table level sides willing to pay 30m. The top clubs just aren't interested at the moment due to his lacklustre time here.
That is part of the problem with shifting such players as the clubs who will pay fees for them are usually a step or two down in level and the players often don't want to take it.

mc_lovin

It's all relative... think about the dark times with the likes of Demir, Jutgla, Abde and co. Ferran offers decent quality, and personally I absolutely don't mind him as 5th/6th attacker. Easy to blame him for our lack of decent forwards, l which I think this is. If we had 3 quality starters I imagine no one would look towards him.

Porque

Last jab at Torres.

Remember the game, where we were on the counter and he passed the ball at around the half way line back to the Goalkeeper/defender 🤣🤣.

We all saw what would happen had he run in at goal, versus Germany.

Needs lessons from Camello.

JamDav1982

It's all relative... think about the dark times with the likes of Demir, Jutgla, Abde and co. Ferran offers decent quality, and personally I absolutely don't mind him as 5th/6th attacker. Easy to blame him for our lack of decent forwards, l which I think this is. If we had 3 quality starters I imagine no one would look towards him.

Abde.. one that many claimed is better than Ferran a year ago.

Next summer is a big one for Ferran/Raphinha/Kounde etc.. renewals or sales as way to raise FFP space when 'only' two years amortisation left.

ajnotkeith

Last jab at Torres.

Remember the game, where we were on the counter and he passed the ball at around the half way line back to the Goalkeeper/defender 🤣🤣.
This was against Bilbao ahahaha, I literally remember the exact moment you're talking about as I was like wtf when I watched that sequence and went to write a post in this thread. I can legit see that exact moment in my head lol, I was watching it whilst travelling and I remember being shocked, like the guy was just broken in terms of confidence.

jamrock

I agree it won't happen in reality mainly because he wants to keep his contract and doesn't want to leave. Equally as Porque said he's on good wages with a contract till 2027, he may not want to give that up to take a wage drop to play at somewhere like West Ham for example.

But I think if he was entirely willing to leave also to worse clubs, there would be mid table level sides willing to pay 30m. The top clubs just aren't interested at the moment due to his lacklustre time here.
That is part of the problem with shifting such players as the clubs who will pay fees for them are usually a step or two down in level and the players often don't want to take it.
He has no value in the EPL, which is the only league with mid table teams that can afford 30m euros, and no top team across euros top league will take a look at him, who is going to pay 30m euros.

I was really hoping A.M would come in for him, but not even they are that loco.

Sport and el mundo ran stories a few weeks/months ago, where they said the club would rather sell him than raphinha for obvious reasons, but they are aware their is no market for Torres, we here little to no rumors about clubs being interested in him, because their is none.

Any thought of plenty of clubs wanting him, is pure opinion back up by little to no facts

He will leave in a free or for little to no money.

JamDav1982

Ferran would have EPL market without a doubt.

He has been there and played well in past.

Has been productive for Spain and was productive in his minutes in first season and last season for Barca.

Any thought he wouldnt is opinion and not fact.

Home of Barca Fans