Mikayil Faye

khaled_a_d

It will be what is happening... they will be doing best to get him out and going against what he would have been told a year ago no doubt.

Kubo will have been signed with idea that he has pre season and if not ready for first team gets a La Liga loan to develop.. and assessed again.

Kubo was very much treated as a prospect.. that doesnt mean he has to play in first team..as it doesnt with Faye now either.

To think he was treated in any way like Faye is as bad as naming Palmer.

Again, this is all guess work and just a pure opinion, nothing is a safe bet or something that isn't doubtful.
The Faye situation isn't a situation at all, it is just fans being cynical because the club isn't meeting their fantasies.

JamDav1982

Again, this is all guess work and just a pure opinion, nothing is a safe bet or something that isn't doubtful.
The Faye situation isn't a situation at all, it is just fans being cynical because the club isn't meeting their fantasies.

Well it is all 'guess work'...

You are guessing that he has not been lied to or that Kubo was treated unfairly.

The Faye situation along with Roque will be used by other clubs competing with Barca as how it can pan out and will undoubtedly not be what Faye was sold a year ago.

khaled_a_d

The Roque fallout will hurt us significantly.

I don't know why is Roque situation is brought up here, Roque was indeed mistreated and was badly scouted. He is entirely different from Faye, a no name prospect from Croatia second division whom we developed and in a year time has a chance to play in various CL clubs.

The coaches welcomed Roque with the idea that he fits the club, but he didn't.
It was clear from the start that he was a work in progress and was doing well in a defensive and counter attacking team, either the team will have to adapt to him or be patient and wait until he learns to change his game.
It seems that coaches was surprised though, which leaves a question whether this was bad scouting or massive up miscommunication.
But watching a club like Chelsea, who is wasting the talents of Angelo Gabriel and Andrey Santos, and still gets the best prospects as long as they pay the needed money. I think the Roque story will be a history in a year max.

JamDav1982

I don't know why is Roque situation is brought up here, Roque was indeed mistreated and was badly scouted. He is entirely different from Faye, a no name prospect from Croatia second division whom we developed and in a year time has a chance to play in various CL clubs.

The coaches welcomed Roque with the idea that he fits the club, but he didn't.
It was clear from the start that he was a work in progress and was doing well in a defensive and counter attacking team, either the team will have to adapt to him or be patient and wait until he learns to change his game.
It seems that coaches was surprised though, which leaves a question whether this was bad scouting or massive up miscommunication.
But watching a club like Chelsea, who is wasting the talents of Angelo Gabriel and Andrey Santos, and still gets the best prospects as long as they pay the needed money. I think the Roque story will be a history in a year max.

Faye was chased by a number of other clubs including Chelsea.

The point remains he has done well and after one season the club are trying to cash in on him and it will not be what Barca sell to young players trying to bring them in.

Roque is disaster on another level that will be used against club as Faye will be.

jamrock

Flick thinks Dominiquez is great, who was ignored by Marquez and Xavi.

Not to mention Kim

Flick doesn't know talent.

Watch a fast, strong, left footed CB get sold for 30m+ in a few years, while we are stuck with Garcia the average.

Club is just trying to sell whoever it can that's not fundamental to the first team squad, in order to bring in revenues, which I can't be mad at, but a player like Garcia who we know his ceiling should be going first, but there is little to no market for him.

Last edited:

Porque

Flick thinks Dominiquez is great, who was ignored by Marquez and Xavi.

Not to mention Kim

Flick doesn't know talent.

Watch a fast, strong, left footed CB get sold for 30m+ in a few years, while we are stuck with Garcia the average.

Club is just trying to sell whoever it can that's not fundamental to the first team squad, in order to bring in revenues, which I can't be mad at, but a player like Garcia who we know his ceiling should be going first, but there is little to no market for him.

Hit it in the last paragraph. If the club is trying to cash in on guys like J. Araujo, Faye then it's out of Flicks hands and up to him to find the next layer of solutions from the B. Remember it would probably be Mbacke (since he is looking for RCBs and even left footed Cuenca at RCB) which is where Dominguez opportunity comes from.

And he is not bad but obviously not first team ready. I commented a year or so back about him being a unit, and he has slimmed down and put the work in. Spanish U17, U19 international so no slouch either.

Now the only weird move of Flick this Summer has been giving Longlay so many minutes rather than putting Faye in the shop window. Which leads me to believe that the injury issues are probably true.

But let's give benefit of the bought, Oriol was booted for Casado and Bernal, and Bob wasn't renewed. So we done some positive moves for the youth.

And lastly Kim is a stud. There's a reason he is captain of the U17 South Korean side.

Gnidrologist

And lastly Kim is a stud. There's a reason he is captain of the U17 South Korean side.
I really like the little rascal. He's real wizz kid, when on the ball and not even too shabby at defending for such wee guy. Wouldn't be surprised, if he's the real discovery after the Fernandes familiars get exposed as mediocre (for me Tony looks a more promising talent than his older cousin).

Gazzznigga

If he is not able to convince Flick, then so be it. For the sake of his career, he needs to find another club.

However and personally, from what I have seen, he can't be worse than Garcia or Inigo, in fact, he has a higher ceiling than both, in athleticism and age.....

Besides, most Barca CDs are either injury prone(Araujo, Christensen, Inigo), or just not athletic enough(Curbasi, Garcia, Kounde), to talk less of being left footed and pacy.

It's a wrong calculation in my view, but the club has made its call, so shall it be. The season and years to come, will determine if it was a wise decision or not.

On the part of Faye, he needs to work with his agent to get a club that will give him the chances, opportunities and game time to show what he can do and possibly insist there is no buy back clause[ that seems to be a major stumbling block now]. He should never think of coming back. He would regret it.

All the best to him.

Home of Barca Fans