MLS

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Jesse Marsch (former assistant for Bob Bradley for the US) was appointed the first coach of the Impact de Montréal.
190px-MTL_Impact.png

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Jesse Marsch (former assistant for Bob Bradley for the US) was appointed the first coach of the Impact de Montréal.
190px-MTL_Impact.png

I hope he does a worse job than Winter did with Toronto FC. Just so that my city isn't the worst in the league. Thought that is nearly impossible.

iced1776

I can't believe what a mess Winter made of Toronto's season, he chose to play without an actual striker for the entire first half of the season. At least now they're being active in making signings where they need em.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I can't believe what a mess Winter made of Toronto's season, he chose to play without an actual striker for the entire first half of the season. At least now they're being active in making signings where they need em.

He was trying to bring in Dutch philosophy to Toronto, not a bad mentality and it surely is welcome but he fuck it up bad. I don't know what was going on, I try to follow as much as I can but admittedly it isn't much. I knew it was going to be difficult for a new MLS team to adopt one of the most difficult European playing styles but I didn't expect the results to be that bad.

Anyways, if he is in it for the long run and is aware of his short comings then I am more than happy to see him continue the change in philosophy as long as during this time, Toronto doesn't build a loser mentality.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Toronto has got to be the worst sports town in North America. At least in DC the Caps are good until playoffs come around.

Sadly l'Impact will probably be terrible for their first year or so in MLS. This year has been painful, I get that it's a lame duck season but Nick De Santis is a disgrace and I'm worried he will stay on as sporting director despite openly fighting with the ultras because he's a personal friend of Joey Saputo.

That being said I'm optimistic in the long term. The initial goodwill should last long enough for the club to get their act together, and Saputo has too deep pockets and loves the sport too much to tolerate losing for too long. And in Montreal, winning is rewarded with fanatical support. At the very least they should be able to lure over second rate and past it French and Italian footballers.

No matter what I can't wait for next season.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Five sports clubs in the most popular sports and they are so shit.

Either way, L'impact uses what stadium? Please tell me its the Olympic one.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Five sports clubs in the most popular sports and they are so shit.

Either way, L'impact uses what stadium? Please tell me its the Olympic one.

:lol:
Close but not quite, a football specific stadium nextdoor, Stade Saputo.

Although l'Impact's first MLS home opener will take place at the big O, since the expansion won't be ready in time.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
to be fair the jays arent that bad...just play in the worst division..........the rest are all owned by MLSE...nuff said

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Montreal Impact's final USL season is now over. Disappointing end to a bad year.

Now bring on MLS! Allez l'Impact! The first player is set to be announced tomorrow (probably someone already on the team)

Last edited:

iced1776

Your stadium will look great from the pics I've seen! Any guys playing for you this year that you think will stick around next year?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
First signing has been announced, former Inter player and Colombian international Nelson Rivas. Very interesting considering his fitness issues and lack of play time over recent years, because the quality is there.

Your stadium will look great from the pics I've seen! Any guys playing for you this year that you think will stick around next year?

Hassoun Camara and Evan Bush are likely to return, not sure as starters. Probably some of the younger guys too, I'm not sure how much they want to give the current guys a chance, a lot depends on what Marsch's coaching philosophy is.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans