Mohamed Salah

Co0ter

Big fan of Salah, but he is turning 30 in a few months. For a player that relies on pace and acceleration to get into the spaces he thrives in, age is not on his side. Not to mention there is way more space in England.

If we could get him for 40mil because there is 1 year left on his contract, sure go for it. That might be worth his last 1-2 years on top. Anymore than that we are risking our ability to get a top striker for the future and reinforce other areas too, which our situation is making difficult already as it is.

JamDav1982

There is more space in England at times because they move ball quicker and have more pacey players to take advantage of it.

La Liga is slower due to teams not having that pace or looking to use it.

Salah would be perfectly fine as long as Barca played in way to get him ball early when can. The full backs in Spain are not used to that pace.

Traore and others have shown what pace can do in La Liga.

Temptation

Mo Salah, Mo Salah, Mo Salah running down the wing. Salah lah lah lah lah - the Egyptian king.

If he's good enough for you,
He's good enough for me.
If he scores another few,
Then I'll be Muslim too.

Mo Salah la la la
La la la la la la

If he's sitting in a Mosque,
That's where I wanna be!

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I'm a Salah fan but I'm on the fence with him coming here. He could be brilliant here but he could deteriorate fast. Age is not on his side plus Klopps style of play takes a toll. Salah and the other Liverpool forwards press extremely hard and he could be damaged goods. 25-30 million I'd take the risk with a three year contract.

gregorrin10

Salah benched vs Arsenal. Welcome to Barca!!

Lol. He went off injured in the previous game, seems he wasn't ready for 90 minutes today. Plus they have enough depth now with Diaz, not to mention Firmino also being back. Two of the attackers don't even get into the starting lineup, and they'd start at every other club in the league, crazy depth. Their attack depth is City level now.

Temptation

Nabbing Salah from Liverpool would be a huge statement

You can have him if you pay a big amount. You or PSG will probably fund our Salah replacement and we can add squad depth with the remainder of the amount. Kinda like Coutinho. Salah will cost a lot.

Diaz, Jota and co are ready.

Remember Salah is a winger whose pace is one of his biggest pros. He's not a CF at all. Can't play CF.

Last edited:

malvolio

None of our revivals was spearheaded by an ageing star. As a side dish? Sure. But main course should be an up and coming star.

malvolio

Missed out on Mbappe, Vlahovic and Haaland now.

Who could that young star be??

Mbappe - probably the only one who would have fit right in. But it wasn't to be.

Vlahovic - not in any way shape or form a Barca type ST and tbf not talented enough to lead a revival like ours.

Haaland -also one that isn't your typical Barca striker. Feels that we're chasing him just because we wanted an alternative to Mbappe and for his numbers at Dortmund of course. I won't be a hypocrite and say that I wouldn't want him here, but won't mind if we don't get him either.

So we might have to wait a bit more for someone to appear on the scene.

The prince that was promised should be South American anyway :worthy:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans