Mohamed Salah

gregorrin10

Why are there all this talk about this aging hashishin coming here? Is he also available on free this summer?

Exactly. He's reached his peak already, can only go down from here (this season being his last on this level, if Liverpool manage to beat Bayern and then City/Chelsea in the final). Should really steer clear of him. Not to mention the performances of the last 2-3 years he's gonna be demanding Haaland and Mbappe numbers for his next contract, whether it's at Liverpool or somewhere else. Don't make the same mistake by giving them the money to buy Raphinha as his replacement and get another 'VVD or Allison' in their team with our money. Let's use our money to buy Raphinha ourselves instead.

Temptation

Honestly wouldn't be against cashing in on him at this point.

I can't see him being this good once his pace declines. Also, Klopp's system helps him immensely.

Apparently the club has been scouting the future RW options for over a year now. Surely the scouting department will have something up their sleeve.

Temptation

If Barca want to buy him it will be very costly for his age.

Remember PSG are very interested too and that'll only drive his price higher.

Let's see what happens here.

Current Salah would be a great addition to any team for the moment though.

SmilerBam

Exactly. He's reached his peak already, can only go down from here (this season being his last on this level, if Liverpool manage to beat Bayern and then City/Chelsea in the final). Should really steer clear of him. Not to mention the performances of the last 2-3 years he's gonna be demanding Haaland and Mbappe numbers for his next contract, whether it's at Liverpool or somewhere else. Don't make the same mistake by giving them the money to buy Raphinha as his replacement and get another 'VVD or Allison' in their team with our money. Let's use our money to buy Raphinha ourselves instead.

I think we ll still be great for a few seasons, we would be full to turn him down, we are not in a position to turn down world class players now. Plus, another left foot maverick would be great on a Camp Nou again.

Temptation

El Hadji Diouf: "It's obvious that Liverpool must accept Salah's demands.
If I were Salah I'd stay at Liverpool. He's the best player at the club alongside Mane.
He's 29 years old and I ask him to play 4 more years with the Reds.
A transfer to Real Madrid would mean that he'll have to start all over again.
Salah must realise that he's African, so they'll not treat him like the Europeans, and they'll not give him the best contract like others.
The same thing happened to me when I was at Liverpool. They were telling me not to go away with my country and play for my national team."

Bitter Prick.
Why do these people need to play the African card here out of all places??!! It's football ffs. So unnecessary.

Barcilliant

El Hadji Diouf: "It's obvious that Liverpool must accept Salah's demands.
If I were Salah I'd stay at Liverpool. He's the best player at the club alongside Mane.
He's 29 years old and I ask him to play 4 more years with the Reds.
A transfer to Real Madrid would mean that he'll have to start all over again.
Salah must realise that he's African, so they'll not treat him like the Europeans, and they'll not give him the best contract like others.
The same thing happened to me when I was at Liverpool. They were telling me not to go away with my country and play for my national team."

Bitter Prick.
Why do these people need to play the African card here out of all places??!! It's football ffs. So unnecessary.

It's true though. Africans get treated like shit.

Temptation

It's true though. Africans get treated like shit.

It doesn't apply here at all.

VVD, Mane, Fabinho, TAA, etc look white to you??

None of them have had anything but nice things to say. Heck, even Salah wants to stay.

Just some issues in the contract finances.

How is this because he's from a particular continent?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
It doesn't apply here at all.

VVD, Mane, Fabinho, TAA, etc look white to you??

None of them have had anything but nice things to say. Heck, even Salah wants to stay.

Just some issues in the contract finances.

How is this because he's from a particular continent?

That was a general statement not limited to Liverpool.
You just need to look at the stance the pundits and media take against African players going to play in the afcon and never saying it about European/american competitions. You also need to look at not just Africans but players who aren't from a particular footballing nation not being exotic enough for what ever reasons. There are definitely double standards in this regard.

Secondly from that list of players only mane is officially African.

Last edited:

Temptation

That was a general statement not limited to Liverpool.
You just need to look at how the stance the pundits and media take against African players going to play in the afcon an never saying it about European competitions. You also need to look at not just Africans but players who aren't from a particular footballing nation not being exotic enough for what ever reasons. There are definitely double standards in this regard.

Secondly from that lis tof played only mane is officially African.

I agree with what you wrote but Diouf is saying you won't be given the best contact because....... which is simply not true.

The club is ready to make Mo the highest earner. He wants even more money which is the conflict here.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I agree with what you wrote but Diouf is saying you won't be given the best contact because....... which is simply not true.

The club is ready to make Mo the highest earner. He wants even more money which is the conflict here.

Well, marketing does factor into contracts so it's not an entirely incorrect statement either. But not the comment I was responding to either way.

Secondly making him the highest paid player at Liverpool is still well below his market value, so it's totally understandable that he should expect Liverpool to ateast come close to matching the peers in his bracket considering the performances he's been putting out.

Home of Barca Fans