Munir El Haddadi

opjeoff

Munir is finally proving himself and I believe that is why he needs regular playing time at this moment.
This is the critical moment for his further development and being a fourth forward could ruin everything.
Also it is not even clear he will be the next one after MSN since Lucho likes Turan and even Denis can start ahead of him sometimes.
However, bringing Alcacer is totally waste since it will create unnecessary competition with Munir after he is back from the loan.
Also, the only good about Valencia right now is that he could be a starter.
It's total mess in Valencia right now. No philosophy, no footballing plan..

unnecessary competition? if hes not better than Alcacer after his loan then why would we play him? He's going on loan to develop, if he doesnt develop to at least the standard Alcacer is then we have no need for him. There is no such thing as unnecessary competition at a big club like Barca, the best players always play.

Messi983

I might be in minority but I think sending Munir on loan is actually the way of club to tell him they count on him in the future (in 2+ years) more than if they let him stay here for now and root on the bench most of the time. He won't get enough playing time (at least not as much as he needs) with MSN ahead of him even if we don't buy Paco and he stays as our 4th forward option. He's 20 and needs to play regularly every week over the next two seasons if we want him to develop to his full potential. Then we'll see how good he'll be if/when we bring him back. Buying Paco won't affect him. If he develops good in Valencia (like Denis had in Villarreal) or another club he can stil have future at Barça. If he can't make it at smaller club then he'll probably never had potential to be longterm Barça player anyway.

At the same time I think right now Paco is better, more experienced and can be more useful as bench option. In 2-3 years Suarez will probably leave and we can have Paco and (hopefully improved) Munir coming back from loan/buy back to fight out their positions as Suarez's replacement. Of course there is no guarantee that anyone of them will really be good enough to succeed Luisito but I think one of them will be good enough to at least be a backup (which we also need) to Dybala or whoever we'll buy then.

But if we can get our future "9" now for 30M (Paco) or by sending Munir on loan and get him more playing time we can save a lot of money in the future when we'll probably have to pay 80M or more for Suarez's replacement when we'll need that.

In the meantime we still probably have 3 or 4 years of Messi (and probably 2 years of Iniesta) at top level ahead and we should do everything to get the best possible team around him and win as many titles as possible before he'll decline. We've missed some of his best years because of bad planning and we can't do that again.

I love La Masia and have high hopes for most of our youngsters but as Denis example shows (at least so far) sometimes it's better for them to go out there, get La Liga experience in another club under different circumstances and come back better and stronger. Sending players out on loan/buy-back shouldn't be seen as giving up on them forever but as a way to help them develop better than they could (sitting on the bench) here while keeping our first team competitive and try to win as much trophies as possible.

opjeoff

I might be in minority but I think sending Munir on loan is actually the way of club to tell him they count on him in the future (in 2+ years) more than if they let him stay here for now and root on the bench most of the time. He won't get enough playing time (at least not as much as he needs) with MSN ahead of him even if we don't buy Paco and he stays as our 4th forward option. He's 20 and needs to play regularly every week over the next two seasons if we want him to develop to his full potential. Then we'll see how good he'll be if/when we bring him back. Buying Paco won't affect him. If he develops good in Valencia (like Denis had in Villarreal) or another club he can stil have future at Barça. If he can't make it at smaller club then he'll probably never had potential to be longterm Barça player anyway.

At the same time I think right now Paco is better, more experienced and can be more useful as bench option. In 2-3 years Suarez will probably leave and we can have Paco and (hopefully improved) Munir coming back from loan/buy back to fight out their positions as Suarez's replacement. Of course there is no guarantee that anyone of them will really be good enough to succeed Luisito but I think one of them will be good enough to at least be a backup (which we also need) to Dybala or whoever we'll buy then.

But if we can get our future "9" now for 30M (Paco) or by sending Munir on loan and get him more playing time we can save a lot of money in the future when we'll probably have to pay 80M or more for Suarez's replacement when we'll need that.

In the meantime we still probably have 3 or 4 years of Messi (and probably 2 years of Iniesta) at top level ahead and we should do everything to get the best possible team around him and win as many titles as possible before he'll decline. We've missed some of his best years because of bad planning and we can't do that again.

I love La Masia and have high hopes for most of our youngsters but as Denis example shows (at least so far) sometimes it's better for them to go out there, get La Liga experience in another club under different circumstances and come back better and stronger. Sending players out on loan/buy-back shouldn't be seen as giving up on them forever but as a way to help them develop better than they could (sitting on the bench) here while keeping our first team competitive and try to win as much trophies as possible.

+1

Someone gets it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
MARCA says Munir's future at the club is not certain, PSG and Schalke want him and presumably on a permanent basis. I hope we will tell them to take a hike.

Last edited:

barcafan161

question is does he just need more time to develop and staying here will hold him back or should he be given the chance given the goals he has scored lately?

Barcilliant

question is does he just need more time to develop and staying here will hold him back or should he be given the chance given the goals he has scored lately?

I think he should be given the chance. He has clearly improved and should get more minutes. The problem with loans imo is the fact that you need to get the right club. We play plenty of games plus the players have international duty. There is a place for him here. The only club I would loan to is Sevilla. Valencia are a mess.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I think Munir has the potential to be a really great striker but the only way he gets that far is by playing now. He's got the necessary skillset and now needs experience.

Nucky

I think Munir has the potential to be a really great striker but the only way he gets that far is by playing now. He's got the necessary skillset and now needs experience.

Thats why it would be wise to loan him to Valencia where he can play regulary.. It would be a big mistake if we sell him, loan on the other hand isn't a bad idea for a season or two..

opjeoff

he just wont be able to get a chance whenever MSN is back together, he'll get 75th minute substitutions and CDR and group stage CL appearances, and he is too good for that right now. That is why we are loaning him.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Thats why it would be wise to loan him to Valencia where he can play regulary.. It would be a big mistake if we sell him, loan on the other hand isn't a bad idea for a season or two..

Selling with buyback gives Valencia more of a reason to develop him and should motivate Munir to work even harder. If he fails he stays which is bad for both Valencia and the player. If he succeeds he'll give Valencia a good 1-2 seasons and Valencia get more money.

Home of Barca Fans