Munir El Haddadi

We had discussion about Adama, Deulofeu, Halilovic and so on, and I do agree with BBZ who was warning about overhyping everyone from La Masia, and some players being one dimensional. But I just don't see why are Munir and Sandro ahead of those mentioned, I don't see what they offer. Maybe I could be wrong but I would rather have a one trick player with speed for example on the bench than player who is ok and doesn't have any real strengths. For example put a player like Tello just to run to opponents who can be tired after 70,80 minutes, or guys like Adama and Deulo.
Actually Gijon is playing in 20 mins. and I'll watch Alen, but I think he is much more dangerous than Munir, he can overdribble, try something to crazy, but at least sometimes he can make a Messi-like move and create something.

Having a player who is overly talented in one thing doesn't really give you a massive advantage as a squad over a player who is well rounded in multiple roles, especially if we're talking about a position as an attacker in Barcelona. In Barcelona, you have be talented in multiple aspects to be even close to successful. Look at the forwards Barcelona have had over the years, the best ones, even for the squad weren't one trick ponies that try and dribble past an entire team.

However, if you think that a faster dribbler would rip defenses apart in the last 10 minutes or so, you're entitled to your own opinion. But, Barcelona face parked buses 9/10 times, and these "faster, dribblers" won't have the time nor space to their thing in the final third.

And Alen, is younger than both Munir and Sandro. They were already training with the first team for a year, so it's understandable that Lucho would want to prefer them. Hali was part of an underperforming Barcelona B (albeit he was the most improved), and required a loan moreso than Munir/Sandro, as he's never played in La Liga before.

I didn't think he was very good. "Involved in both goals" - while that might technically be true, giving him credit for a simple 5 yard back-heel, is clutching at straws, I feel. Second goal, yeah okay he managed to square a ball through - again, don't see anything special in that.

He gave away the ball often, passing was poor, didn't show any creativity or vision - basically nothing different from what he has shown in his very limited playing time earlier...I feel because he was somehow connected to the goals, people have the illusion of him having a better game than he actually did..I rate Sandro way higher - comes on, shows drive, missed a sitter but that's okay, can't criticise a young player for just that.

That's just my 5 cents.

Munir is an attacker, I don't expect him to be a creative genius at passing. He's a player who looks to keep the play going and finish, as is Sandro. You're expecting creativity and vision from an attacker, which is quite rare. Using your logic, Etoo and Villa won't have been great Barcelona forwards as they weren't "creative enough". Btw, Munir completed 43 out of 48 passes. I didn't know you're expecting Xavi like passing from him.

Sandro was poorer than Munir imo, at least in this match. The biggest reason why people rate Sandro higher, because he's more willing to beat his man and scores more goals. Recently, he hasn't had the confidence to beat his man. And, I find it hilarious that you find everything Munir does to be wrong but when Sandro misses a golden opportunity created by Neymar with barely any pressure and only the goal keeper to beat, he fluffed his shot, but that's okay because he's young.

Gaudi

Having a player who is overly talented in one thing doesn't really give you a massive advantage as a squad over a player who is well rounded in multiple roles, especially if we're talking about a position as an attacker in Barcelona. In Barcelona, you have be talented in multiple aspects to be even close to successful. Look at the forwards Barcelona have had over the years, the best ones, even for the squad weren't one trick ponies that try and dribble past an entire team.

However, if you think that a faster dribbler would rip defenses apart in the last 10 minutes or so, you're entitled to your own opinion. But, Barcelona face parked buses 9/10 times, and these "faster, dribblers" won't have the time nor space to their thing in the final third.

And Alen, is younger than both Munir and Sandro. They were already training with the first team for a year, so it's understandable that Lucho would want to prefer them. Hali was part of an underperforming Barcelona B (albeit he was the most improved), and required a loan moreso than Munir/Sandro, as he's never played in La Liga before.

It's not that we disagree, I don't claim that Munir and Sandro are lost cases, It's just that I don't see why are they ahead of some other players. Though it coukd be like someone mentioned, they could be very good in training.
Also, it's great to be all-around player but to play in Barca first 11 even that is not enough, you need to be great in at least one thing, or really, really good rounded player. Currently I don't see anything special (and I mean extra special) in both Munir or Sandro, neither to fast, neither to smart (Munir does pass but often slows the game and thinks rather long before passing), neither great dribblers and so.

While I agree that we mostly face buses, it's also important that, more or less, there are 2 ways to break buses in general. Either tall and strong players and pump a ball in the box or create space through dribbling, and Barca does the second, so I belive it is important for Barcas wide strikers to have a very good dribbling skils.

Bran the Greenseer

It's not that we disagree, I don't claim that Munir and Sandro are lost cases, It's just that I don't see why are they ahead of some other players. Though it coukd be like someone mentioned, they could be very good in training.
Also, it's great to be all-around player but to play in Barca first 11 even that is not enough, you need to be great in at least one thing, or really, really good rounded player. Currently I don't see anything special (and I mean extra special) in both Munir or Sandro, neither to fast, neither to smart (Munir does pass but often slows the game and thinks rather long before passing), neither great dribblers and so.

While I agree that we mostly face buses, it's also important that, more or less, there are 2 ways to break buses in general. Either tall and strong players and pump a ball in the box or create space through dribbling, and Barca does the second, so I belive it is important for Barcas wide strikers to have a very good dribbling skils.

I agree with you but there is also a third way which we do quite often, fast incisive passing.

Barcafan 2304

In terms of him playing, I think it's been handled well. Getting a few games under his belt and looks as if his confidence is growing again

Gaudi

I agree with you but there is also a third way which we do quite often, fast incisive passing.

I would say only in counters, and we do counters now, but when opposition is parked with 10 men you can pass as quickly as possible and still you'll have to dribble past at least one player. Speed of passing can determine are you going to dribble 1 vs 2,3 or 1 vs 1.

Bran the Greenseer

I would say only in counters, and we do counters now, but when opposition is parked with 10 men you can pass as quickly as possible and still you'll have to dribble past at least one player. Speed of passing can determine are you going to dribble 1 vs 2,3 or 1 vs 1.

There are a plethora of examples of barca goals in packed boxes that doesn't require one on one dribble, that at the most require quick passing and smart movement by an attacker. You can look at any Messi goal compilation and you'd see those goals when he'd make wall passes with Pedro/Xavi/Iniesta in the box.

Home of Barca Fans