Munir El Haddadi

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I am surprised how the term "slow" is used these days. Munir is slow, Depay is slow (lol) etc. I do not know if people watch too much Auba and Douglas Costa but that kinda bothers me.

Adversus

You can fix your speed, it just takes a strong desire to. Changing your form, changing your mentality as you run, bouncing off of your toes versus your heels, the way you flick your legs up as you move... Anyone can improve their sprint speed if they want to enough. Unfortunately, outside of american football and track I don't hear of athletes being encouraged to improve that area as much.

Really? I've only seen players getting slower. I can't think of any that have increased their speed with age.

In my opinion he's too slow to be one of the top players in the world i.e. good enough for Barca. He would have to have incredible vision to make up for that and frankly he's got nice close control, decent passing and is a good player but I don't see anything more.

Last edited:
Regardless of his speed, his best position in CF, not on the wings. You don't need to blaze past players to be a good CF. His best aspect in being a CF is his positioning, and he does it sometimes on the right as well. A good example was the goal Suarez scored a week or so back. He motioned Munir to occupy the keeper, and he read the sign quite quickly. Even the penalty he won against Villareal was largely due to his positioning.

silvia

He is not very good at 1st team, but he did really great at spain u19 nt. So i was consfused at first, and now i think it is mental problem.
He just didn't play many games in B team, he just passed the step because of transfer ban and called up for 1st team playing for substitute.
Even so, it is him himself who should deal with confidence problem. I think he is improving in that matter. But he really needs goal now. I think Ney and Suarez should have given that penalty to Munir.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He is not very good at 1st team, but he did really great at spain u19 nt. So i was consfused at first, and now i think it is mental problem.
He just didn't play many games in B team, he just passed the step because of transfer ban and called up for 1st team playing for substitute.
Even so, it is him himself who should deal with confidence problem. I think he is improving in that matter. But he really needs goal now. I think Ney and Suarez should have given that penalty to Munir.

I think they might have if we were more than 1-0 up.

xXKonan

Everton have sounded out Munir (20). An intermediary also contacted Barcelona, but the club said Luis Enrique counts on him for now. [md]

Galning

Everton have sounded out Munir (20). An intermediary also contacted Barcelona, but the club said Luis Enrique counts on him for now. [md]

Would make no sense to loan him to Everton as they have so many attacking players already. Strikers, wingers, AM's,... everything.

Adversus

Would make no sense to loan him to Everton as they have so many attacking players already. Strikers, wingers, AM's,... everything.

We desperately need a decent left sided forward. We have Kone, Mirallas, McGeady, Naismith and Lennon who can play there but frankly none are really either what we need or good enough. We need someone to knit the play together similar to what Pienaar did but also do the job of Kone (target man) or Naismith when we need to relieve pressure.

If Munir is closer to a CF than a winger then I can understand why Martinez might be interested in him.

Would he play? He would if he was better than those players and none of them are really making a claim to be a starter unlike Deulofeu on the other side.

Besides I think a few will go in January.

Galning

We desperately need a decent left sided forward. We have Kone, Mirallas, McGeady, Naismith and Lennon who can play there but frankly none are really either what we need or good enough. We need someone to knit the play together similar to what Pienaar did but also do the job of Kone (target man) or Naismith when we need to relieve pressure.

If Munir is closer to a CF than a winger then I can understand why Martinez might be interested in him.

Would he play? He would if he was better than those players and none of them are really making a claim to be a starter unlike Deulofeu on the other side.

Besides I think a few will go in January.

Munir is not a left winger either though, far from it. He is a striker.

Adversus

Munir is not a left winger either though, far from it. He is a striker.

I know but either is Kone or Naismith and that's who Martinez is playing there. :)

In our first season Martinez liked to play a play maker (Pienaar) on the left and but now he prefers to play a 2nd striker however not a big target man, more a striker/winger. I'm not sure if that is by design or because he doesn't have anyone that can do the play maker role. Personally I think he should play Deulofeu there.

khaled_a_d

I know but either is Kone or Naismith and that's who Martinez is playing there. :)

In our first season Martinez liked to play a play maker (Pienaar) on the left and but now he prefers to play a 2nd striker however not a big target man, more a striker/winger. I'm not sure if that is by design or because he doesn't have anyone that can do the play maker role. Personally I think he should play Deulofeu there.

ًWhy not Deulofeu ?he played at the left a lot with Barca B .in fact there was times when I felt that he played better on that side than the right side

Bran the Greenseer

Deulofeu on the LW should hopefully happen at some point. I see his growth similar to young ronaldo (Not in terms of level more trajectory). Start off on the right but move to the left to become more of a goal threat.

Home of Barca Fans