Nemanja Matic

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
This guy should be leading the race for the player of the year awards, alongside Aguero I reckon. He really has been monstrous, and the fact that our only loss came when he was suspended shows how massive a player he is. Guys like Hazard, Cesc, Costa and Terry have been great, but Matic is the man right now.

DrPepper

Yeah, what a player. Has the tactical intelligence of Busquets but also the physique of Toure. Also playing for a top manager like Mourinho definitely helps.

james baldwin

Aguero hasn't been good for as long as those other players have. I certainly won't put him on par with Matic but in the next category with the others. I do agree with you on Matic, though it's too soon to be handing out awards.

james baldwin

This guy should be leading the race for the player of the year awards, alongside Aguero I reckon. He really has been monstrous, and the fact that our only loss came when he was suspended shows how massive a player he is. Guys like Hazard, Cesc, Costa and Terry have been great, but Matic is the man right now.
Aguero hasn't been good for as long as those other players have. How many games has he even played this season? 13? I certainly won't put him on par with Matic but in the next category with the others. I do agree with you on Matic, though it's too soon to be handing out awards.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
To be honest I just wanted to mention somebody else alongside Matic, one who wasn't another Chelsea player anyway. :lol: That said he's played 15 of the 18 games so far, scoring 14, so it's not like he's missed half the season or anything either. He's deserving for a mention.

But yeah, awards don't get given out now but Matic has probably been the best player so far this season and if he continues like this he really has to win it unless somebody else manages to be even more amazing, and I only see Aguero or another Chelsea player doing that tbh. It says a lot about a DM that he's not only being hailed as the best in his position in England, but as arguably the best player full stop. Long may his form continue, I say!

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
With Aguero's injuries, I'd say Alexis and Matic are POTY candidates, maybe also De Gea. Matic is probably in the lead just because of Chelsea's position, but there's still a long way to go

Good player but a little overrated. He's clearly behind Hazard and Cesc in terms of importance. Them losing a game without him means nothing considering both goals were a result of Cahill being shit. Correlation does not imply causation. Take Hazard out their team and they're a workmanlike team, take Fabregas out and they're going to be completely devoid of any creativity.

People need to stop comparing him and Busquets. Sergio is clearly far ahead.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Sergio in form is better than Matic because of his skill on the ball. Though Matic is in better form right now. Also remember Matic is playing in the perfect system for his style of play in a functioning team. Busquets is playing a role not suited to him in a disorganised mess.

L

linetty

Sergio in form is better than Matic because of his skill on the ball. Though Matic is in better form right now. Also remember Matic is playing in the perfect system for his style of play in a functioning team. Busquets is playing a role not suited to him in a disorganised mess.
This.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Matic is awesome so far. Chelsea's most important player despite Cesc and Hazard having a really good season.

Busi is wc and one of the most underrated players in the world. Nobody realized how crucial he was for Barca's success during Pep's era. But he is not as his best right now (due to different reasons) and there is no reason to compare him with Matic who is one of the best players in the world at the moment.

Morten

Sergio only works properly in a certain system, he is a not a good dm in any "normal" team.

L

linetty

Sergio only works properly in a certain system, he is a not a good dm in any "normal" team.
And you claim that based on what? Because as far as I know he didn't have a chance to play in a different team yet... or did you make it up just because it suits/fits you?

Morten

And you claim that based on what? Because as far as I know he didn't have a chance to play in a different team yet... or did you make it up just because it suits/fits you?

Barcelona havent played proper tiki taka in 2 years, Busquets havent been the same since.

L

linetty

Barcelona havent played proper tiki taka in 2 years, Busquets havent been the same since.
Not only Busquets, as you can probably see. Not even Messi. It's not that we don't play proper tiki-taka anymore. We are a wreck without a clear game plan and objectives. Not even the best player in history can feel comfortable at the moment.

In my opinion, Busquets in Bayern or Chelsea would be one of the best players.

Home of Barca Fans