New 2015-16 Barca Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

What motivation would there be for them to copy that kit?

Changing to hoops was controversial, sure to generate talk, as it did. It's pretty naive to think they weren't aware of llagostera's kit. They knew changing it would make Barça's kit pretty similar to that, hence why they asked them to change it. It's pretty straight forward, actually. I don't get why it's hard to understand.

JamDav1982

Changing to hoops was controversial, sure to generate talk, as it did. It's pretty naive to think they weren't aware of llagostera's kit. They knew changing it would make Barça's kit pretty similar to that, hence why they asked them to change it. It's pretty straight forward, actually. I don't get why it's hard to understand.

They would have been aware it was same as Llagorestas strip, still dont see what the issue is with that.

Be almost impossible for them to come up with a kit that looks completely unlike any other even the traditional vertical stripes.

JamDav1982

Let's not try and justify everything this board or barça in general does! They did copy another team's jersey, no matter how you look at it, even long before the kits became officials, just from the leaks there were many memes and talks about LLagostera having the same one, and they didn't change it, but ofc took the condescending route of asking the others to change their usual jersey to please us because "we are barça".

Not trying to justify anything, couldnt care less if they chose similar strip to lower league Spanish team.

F

Flavia

They would have been aware it was same as Llagorestas strip, still dont see what the issue is with that.

Be almost impossible for them to come up with a kit that looks completely unlike any other even the traditional vertical stripes.

My problem is they disrespected over a century of tradition to look like a segunda b team. Should never had changed to hoops.

But this discussion started because someone said this hoops kit is "unique", and it's not.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
My problem is they disrespected over a century of tradition to look like a segunda b team. Should never had changed to hoops.

But this discussion started because someone said this hoops kit is "unique", and it's not.

So can we just drop it then. The person who said it was unique probably thought it was because he was unaware of LLagostera's kit.

JamDav1982

So can we just drop it then. The person who said it was unique probably thought it was because he was unaware of LLagostera's kit.

It is unique for a Barca design, are the only kind of unique strips those that have no other strip like it in the world?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am OK with so-called "copying another team's kit" or having similar designs (we did copy FC Basel's home kit after all, didn't we? ;)), it is just that I don't like horizontal stripes on jerseys in general, tradition or not.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We have different definitions for "unique", then.

Not different definitions but rather different fields of view. In the scope of Barca kits, it is unique. In the scope of all kits, it's not. But then our vertical stripes aren't unique either.

F

Flavia

Not different definitions but rather different fields of view. In the scope of Barca kits, it is unique. In the scope of all kits, it's not. But then our vertical stripes aren't unique either.

Our vertical stripes date back to 1899, though. We copied Basel because it's part of the origin of the club. It's very different to what is happening now.

xavi_the_Boss

Now the last 2 pages are only about kits.
Can we move this to the Barca kits thread?

Edit.Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans