Neymar Jr. - v5

BBZ8800

His defenders can say whatever they want, I am tired of his shit.
Of his hot and cold shit.

He can go from being on a Ballon D or level for 2 weeks into Pedro/Alexis/Paco level.

It is not only Neymar, I am currently pissed at our whole team with this hot and cold attitude.
Rakitic is for months hot and cold.
Iniesta is mostly cold and horrible lately.
Messi is hot and cold lately (but not as Neymar).
Suarez is also extremely hot and cold.
Mats is so hot and cold.

I know that players are not robots and that they can't play on the same level for months or years, but this is too much (our team in general).
I just don't get how a whole team can have 9-10 players on the same night who are totally "off".
I won't buy Lucho's excuses and that Lucho is guilty for everything.
Lucho can't be guilty when Raki can't control an easy pass.
Lucho can't be guilty when Neymar plays invisible in his pink new shoes.
Lucho can't be guilty when Mats plays like tonight etc.

I am not sure whether our team board and stuff doesn't care about mental strength and consistency anymore.
Or we don't have people who are helping a coach on that level or whatever.
But something is wrong.

Also, I have wrote on another topic, how we play currently is exactly the same as how we played from 2000-2003.
Our opponents Real, Valencia and others would play:
1:0, 2:0, 1:1, 1:0, 2:1 etc round after round.
While we would play 7:0 one week, and 0:1 on the next week.
Then 5:0 at home again, and 1:1 on away match.
And that would happen all the time over and over.

Other teams had "normal" 2:0 and 3:0 wins all the time.
While we were going from 7:0 to 0:1 all the time.
Zero consistency.
On "our" night we would win 5:0 against any team, in La liga or Europe.
But also, we could lose 0:3 or 0:4 against any European team also, in any round (which was happening all the time and which is happening now again with this Barca).

Something is just wrong with team.
Either weak mental strength.
Or too many players who are easily satisfied with 2-3 good games and then they play like crap again.
As if our team and majority of players can't motivated themselves unless if we are losing 0:4, or unless it is the 80th minute of a match.

JamDav1982

Nothing to do with mental strength he just had a poor game when double marked all night and not getting the ball in any decent situations or players get near him to help out.

Could have played better but looked completely frustrated and cant blame him. The midfield offers fuck all.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Luis Suarez exists yet people are blaming Neymar.

Suarez works hard so some people think he cannot be criticized for stinking it in front of goal.

Meanwhile Neymar apparently parties on the pitch and doesn't work hard at all.

F

FlaFCB

I know that players are not robots and that they can't play on the same level for months or years, but this is too much (our team in general).
I just don't get how a whole team can have 9-10 players on the same night who are totally "off".
I won't buy Lucho's excuses and that Lucho is guilty for everything.
Lucho can't be guilty when Raki can't control an easy pass.
Lucho can't be guilty when Neymar plays invisible in his pink new shoes.
Lucho can't be guilty when Mats plays like tonight etc.

Yes, Licho can be guilty of all that. Planning for the season was poor, players are often lost in the pitch. You can blame x, y or z, it won't matter. When there's so many players underperforming at the same time, the problem is at the helm. He didn't identify the weakness properly, and he also didn't address them. So they're now biting us in the back.

We needed a proper rb, a wc midfielder, and a versatile attacker, and got none. Only player we needed and got was Umtiti. This is all down to Licho, robert and this shit board.

Total-Football

Suarez works hard so some people think he cannot be criticized for stinking it in front of goal.

Meanwhile Neymar apparently parties on the pitch and doesn't work hard at all.

if the whole team worked as hard as Neymar and Umtiti and Rakitic we would have less problems to deal with.

Today Juventus run 9 km more than us .. Again as usually, it's like we play 90 minutes with a red card; i give Messi the pass but what about the rest.

i'm all for opinions and the way of playing but to single out 1 of our 3 only hardworking players and say he needs to work hard that's a absurd

Meatball

if the whole team worked as hard as Neymar and Umtiti and Rakitic we would have less problems to deal with.

Today Juventus run 9 km more than us .. Again as usually, it's like we play 90 minutes with a red card; i give Messi the pass but what about the rest.

i'm all for opinions and the way of playing but to single out 1 of our 3 only hardworking players and say he needs to work hard that's a absurd
+1 he wasn't the Neymar I expected tonight but can't complain on his work rate! He really tried but still, a bit off!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Poor performance but IMO not so much down to him. Juventus showed today that things will get tougher for Neymar the more respected he is by opponents. The defenders paid lots of attention to him and he always had 2 guys in front of him, with more behind to block potential paths to dangerous areas for him. Less radical than the Messi treatment, even today, but still something that more opponents will try to do when our dependance on Neymar grows and Messi gets older.

IMO this is where Iniesta/Messi's close control dribbling compared to Neymar's speed dribbling with wider arcs shows somewhat of an advantage. You can 'usher' Neymar into less dangerous/useful areas with a wall of defenders in front of him. He also needs a greater deal of space in front of his man to start accelerating and some more space behind to recover the ball, whereas Messi and (prime) Iniesta can zig zag into smaller gaps. Neymar's style is more useful in faster 1v1 scenarios where the transitions are quick. The team that we'll inevitably build around Neymar will have to be one that accounts for those strengths and masks his weaknesses. Our painfully slow buildup easily allowed Juve to compact themselves and gave Neymar no high tempo to work in.

Total-Football

Poor performance but IMO not so much down to him. Juventus showed today that things will get tougher for Neymar the more respected he is by opponents. The defenders paid lots of attention to him and he always had 2 guys in front of him, with more behind to block potential paths to dangerous areas for him. Less radical than the Messi treatment, even today, but still something that more opponents will try to do when our dependance on Neymar grows and Messi gets older.

IMO this is where Iniesta/Messi's close control dribbling compared to Neymar's speed dribbling with wider arcs shows somewhat of an advantage. You can 'usher' Neymar into less dangerous/useful areas with a wall of defenders in front of him. He also needs a greater deal of space in front of his man to start accelerating and some more space behind to recover the ball, whereas Messi and (prime) Iniesta can zig zag into smaller gaps. Neymar's style is more useful in faster 1v1 scenarios where the transitions are quick. The team that we'll inevitably build around Neymar will have to be one that accounts for those strengths and masks his weaknesses. Our painfully slow buildup easily allowed Juve to compact themselves and gave Neymar no high tempo to work in.

That's why i rely on Neymar in the camp nou, the surface of our pitch is damn big and intimidating.. It's both an advantage and a burden (i belive we suffer away because our players are not used to smaller football pitches ).
The internet says that our stadium is as big as the Bernabeu but i don't believe that .. Even Veratti mentioned this to Matuidi in a joined interview, he underlined how much big is our pitch.

Meatball

That's why i rely on Neymar in the camp nou, the surface of our pitch is damn big and intimidating.. It's both an advantage and a burden (i belive we suffer away because our players are not used to smaller football pitches ).
The internet says that our stadium is as big as the Bernabeu but i don't believe that .. Even Veratti mentioned this to Matuidi in a joined interview, he underlined how much big is our pitch.
What? I always thought all the pitches are the same size in top league games!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Completely agreed. Even Bonucci said this past week that one of the warnings Verratti gave him was that the pitch at the Camp Nou is huge and that pressing is impossible. Allegri and the players know this and will take it very seriously, which is part of why the chances of a comeback are almost nonexistent.

Our passing game is very noticeably better at the Camp Nou and Neymar has more space to dribble in, surely a weapon we'll continue to wield for as long as our players can just out-technique and out-possession the opponents.

Total-Football

What? I always thought all the pitches are the same size in top league games!

[youtube]QoPFinNzLU4&t=50s[/youtube]

Start watching from 0:30 and onwards .. activate the English subtitles they have been put.

Veratti said : " il est trop grand le terrain, tu n'arrives jamais "

Then Matuidi underlines how it's inevitable to end up 1vs1 with Neymar because of the size of the pitch.

CuleLife4Life

Not his best game which sucks because he had turned things around for a while. Don't really know what else to say. I had expected Neymar to make that leap to CR levels of past (can't reach Messi of past or even now of course) but the consistency just isn't there.

Expect him to go to Brazil if/when we get knocked out next week.

abiabi

Terrible take, dude. First of all, Messi doesn't get 'more attention', this is not the 80s any more with man to man marking. Its purely zonal, and Messi abandons the wing to play in the middle, thats why it seems he gets more attention, actually its because he isn't disciplined to the wing and shifts to a more congestioned zone. Guess what? If Messi still played as a winger, he would be marked by the same amount of players as Neymar.

Oh, and Iniesta close control style was so useful today.. /irony

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans