Neymar Jr. - v5

F

FlaFCB

a player whose sole job is to play football and play hundreds of games on parc ded princes can't be wrong about such thing. what is wrong are those ridiculous numbers in the internet. anueta is long but in term of width hes not as large as the camp nou not even close. and u skipped the part where matuidi concurred and confirmed What veratti said.. unless u insist everybody is wrong of course.

The stadium gives the illusion that the pitch is bigger. It is not.
The official site has the numbers: https://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/facilities/card/camp-nou-a-five-star-stadium

It's 105x68m.

Total-Football

The stadium gives the illusion that the pitch is bigger. It is not.
The official site has the numbers: https://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/facilities/card/camp-nou-a-five-star-stadium

It's 105x68m

the illusion can be caused by many things. the camera angle is the main one . but those illusions dont mean nothing to players as they are playing in the middle of the pitch . and as i said those numbers circulating the internet and wikepedia and what not i dont believe in their accuracy

KingLeo10

what matters is not the size of the pitch, but how the opposition perceives it. if they believe that it can't be covered, then all the easier for us. :cheers:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Aren't all standard and in-regulation football pitches the same in size? How can they not be?

There are minimum and maximum sizes regulated by UEFA/FIFA.

I've no idea what [MENTION=20741]Total-Football[/MENTION] is talking about, but it's a fact that Parc des Princes, Juventus Stadium and Camp Nou have the exact same dimensions, 105m x 68m.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

the illusion can be caused by many things. the camera angle is the main one . but those illusions dont mean nothing to players as they are playing in the middle of the pitch . and as i said those numbers circulating the internet and wikepedia and what not i dont believe in their accuracy

Those are the official numbers, from the official site. It's not "numbers circulating thru the internet" or from wikipedia. 105x68 is Camp Nou's pitch size. You can't be that dense.

Total-Football

Nope, they were speaking literally, Draxler asked if it were as big as their own (Parc des princes) to which both Veratti and Matuidi answered negatively.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's not.

They were just intimidated by the size, shape and atmosphere of the stadium. When that happens, you tend to imagine certain things.

BBZ8800

About a stadium size, there was a myth from tv commentators 15-20 years ago that Camp nou has a largest pitch.
I think that some English teams said that it is way too large and that it is hard to play and defend there.

Then commentators started to repeat that thing over and over.
Before the internet, me and my friends also believed in that myth.

But now, it seems that it looks huge because camp nou is huge in general and because of a camera angle at camp nou (for example, camp nou always looks way larger than bernabeu on camera).

So, Total-football probably grew up in the era before internet where the myth about camp nou was quite popular.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

About a stadium size, there was a myth from tv commentators 15-20 years ago that Camp nou has a largest pitch.
I think that some English teams said that it is way too large and that it is hard to play and defend there.

Then commentators started to repeat that thing over and over.
Before the internet, me and my friends also believed in that myth.

But now, it seems that it looks huge because camp nou is huge in general and because of a camera angle at camp nou (for example, camp nou always looks way larger than bernabeu on camera).

So, Total-football probably grew up in the era before internet where the myth about camp nou was quite popular.

Yes. I remember it well from CRO TV comentators talking how Barcelona pitch is the biggest in the world and that Highbury is extremly narrow and they had all that theories how both of the teams exploit that. It was in early 90's so no google for crowd. We took it for granted. Why would they lie...

When I saw Nou Camp in real it was WOOOOOOOOOOW efect because of the whole "full package"... that was ie. the case of Emirates stadium and Chelsea stadium. Chelsea stadium is "squeezed" and Emirates has that all open ground around it and sidewalks and all that "fansy" shit and it looks immense when you aproach it.

Persepctive is shitty thing, meters are determined.

behindbrowneyes

The pitch looks soooo big because of the way Camp Nou is built. Look at the first rank. It is very low compared to other stadiums. I know Bernabeu is similar in this, but it doesn't look that wide because of the roof. I have been in lots of stadiums in the last years, but the atmosphere in Camp Nou is totally different. I'm overwhelmed everytime I go up the stairs to the pitch. Add 90.000 home fans and one would lie if he says he is not at least intimidated by the atmosphere when some of the fans whistle while CL-hymn is played.

Could be that the pitch once was bigger than it is today. At least the homepage says "In accordance with UEFA stipulations, the playing area has been downsized to 105 metres x 68 metres."

Another stadium that has its own atmosphere is Mestalla. It looks so narrow because of its steep ranks, damn, I would shit my pants if I had to play in this witch's cauldron.

I recognise that this has nothing to do with Neymar: HE NEEDS TO PERFORM LIKE A FUCKING BEAST AGAIN to turn this game around.

Home of Barca Fans