Neymar Jr. - v5

Sneer

Banned
Lol 2nd fiddle. Messi played everywhere he needed to play. Literally.

This little POS will get 550k a week after taxes. And thats onlY his first contract?! He will earn more then anyone and get 150m in process from Quataris just because. He is going for €€€

You should go try your luck with football then.... If you are so mad he will be earning that much.

Neymessi

You cannot be serious. LMAO.

Neymar and the board aren't friends. Its all very professional. You don't expect neymar to be barging in saying I want to leave for PSG when you don't even know PSG surely want you. There are countless transfers every season and how many times does a player come out and say I want to leave before a bid arrives? A diplomatic reply of "I am currently happy here but I don't know about the future" is a standard statement we always hear, and then we see the player leave.

Anyway I am done with this. For the record I am not saying he did nothing wrong but in professional matters like this a little bit of what hapenned is always done.

We have lost so much trying to accumulate him but he is leaving anyway which I feel is a really stupid move that to for PSG unless he proves me wrong by winning some cls. His bdor chances have taken a significant dip. Even if he plays really well he will never win bdor unless he wins the cl coz no one gives 2 shits about ligue 1. Retarded move to leave there even if I consider he has his 'friends' there. Also without messi his game will suffer a lot. Messi has made both neymar and suarez look so good so often and there is no one anywhere one fifth of messi there to help him.

220 mil is a lot and even with teams demanding more than usual from us we should be able to land a lot of good players. Coutinho and a world class neymar replacement that is anywhere near as good as neymar will do for this season.

No player is bigger than the club. I am someone who believes we will dominate even after messi retires so neymar leaving isn't a big deal for us.

I am a bit broken about him leaving tbh and I had always envisioned him playing his peak years here but I will get over this

Visca el barca bitches... On to coutinho and others..

Last edited:

opjeoff

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read in this thread since "why can't we be happy for Neymar", also by you.

You think PSG werent willing to pay his even lower release clause last season? Or the season before that? I'm understanding Neymar's situation. If he wanted to be the best, there is only a few clubs he could go to. Even fewer can pay his release clause. I dont get why people are demonizing Neymar in order to deal with this situation better. They cant accept that his decision to leave could be a sporting reason and not a financial one, regardless of the financial benefits that come with it. Im not spitful of Neymar because there is no other alternative here for either side. He wont be the best at Barca cuz we have Messi and he will always be number 1.

This is the issue for us going forward, if we want a player to replace Messi when he leaves, that player has to have the determination to be the very best in the world. What do we do when this happens again?

springfield

Forced to say I agree with you.
But then this whole thing is absolutely crazy! Allegations and counter-allegations.
Some claiming he informed the club, others saying he didn't.

Even if he contacted psg. Agents do that all the time. PSG has shown their interest before. They knew it. They could ask them if they still were to get talks started when he decided he might want to join them. If this was not about neymar, it would not have been this much drama.

Barcelona won alot before neymar with players like Pedro and Villa. They need to improve midfield play and get a decent winger. They can win alot without him.

We'll have higher chances to win a CL without him than with him.
Wait and see.

Feel free to quote me on this.

We will play more similar to a good old Barca now when he is gone.
Again, wait and see.
A lot of people will be surprised.

I keep saying this throughout this thread. If the Board gets a good/great LW and a Midfielder with the 300m Barça will be much better. I also think Neymar will be much better with PSG too. 222m is good enough. I'm glad with this negotiation.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not supporting what he said.
But how about the other way round?
Stop asking Neymar to become more of a service boy to Messi, instead play his own game (Lucho's fault).
But then again, what if no one asked Neymar to do so, and he only did because he was too scared of Messi?

Sure, there were plenty of times that Neymar shoulda and coulda take the shot himself instead of trying to find Messi, however I doubt Luis Enrique explicitly asked him to do so. Neymar was new and he came to play with Messi and Co. and he naturally came under his wings, which might be something Neymar himself didn't like (and hence chose to leave).

Messi has been our best player so it naturally happened that way, doubt any coach or manager would have sacrifice the impact and production of Messi just to bring more out of Neymar.

It is true that Neymar was living in Messi's shadow but that is just the way it is. Unless you sell Messi.

GetIn

First the Neymar sympathizers argue that Neymar isn't going to move and are certain he is going to stay at the club, now they are justifying his decision. Disgusting, he could literally spit on our badge and some people on here would have no problem defending it.

Devils

Neymar and the board aren't friends. Its all very professional. You don't expect neymar to be barging in saying I want to leave for PSG when you don't even know PSG surely want you. There are countless transfers every season and how many times does a player come out and say I want to leave before a bid arrives? A diplomatic reply of "I am currently happy here but I don't know about the future" is a standard statement we always hear. And then we say the player leave.

You are missing the point kid. It's not that he didn't tell us. ITS THAT HE DIDNT TELL ANYONE. Not the club directors, not the coaches, not the management, not even his teammates...You know the people who are actually in charge of RUNNING THE CLUB.

The leaks show he's been plotting this for awhile and all of his skunky little Brazilian friends (Alves, Silva) knew about it for months. Hence why Alves decided to join PSG.

Players out of respect for their clubs, tend to communicate through their agents or themselves about the negotiations that they are currently making with other clubs and let their statuses be known.

Neymar didn't do any of that. Him and is father have been scheming for months and were planning to keep their mouths shut until they received their 26m loyalty bonus from the club then get the fuck out of here.

You clearly see Neymar as being all sunshine and rainbows not for the disgusting slimy snakes that he and his father are. So you can't be helped in that regard.

Alik

Not supporting what he said.
But how about the other way round?
Stop asking Neymar to become more of a service boy to Messi, instead play his own game (Lucho's fault).
But then again, what if no one asked Neymar to do so, and he only did because he was too scared of Messi?

How was Neymar a service boy to Messi, when it was Messi dropping down to midfield to feed Neymar?

How about all the times Messi stepped down from taking penalties and free-kicks for Neymar?

How is this Messi's or Lucho's (who is not even here this season) fault?

Sneer is a confirmed troll, doesn't watch L1 but somehow certain that Tolisso is better than Verratti. Bad Hombre.

Haha who got what was coming?

Dont think anyone batted an eyelid at you leaving in a huff.

Well several members have told me otherwise but you're not one to let facts get in your way :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is the issue for us going forward, if we want a player to replace Messi when he leaves, that player has to have the determination to be the very best in the world. What do we do when this happens again?

I don't think this will be an issue when Messi retires from us. Nobody will be expected to fill Messi's huge shoes, but that player needs to be one of the best of the next generation of stars and that's why I think we should seize upon this opportunity that Neymar left for us and build up our team RIGHT NOW to prepare for the post-Messi Barca.

Admit it or not, having Messi has been a double edge sword for us in terms of attracting outside talents: For players/talents in non-attacking positions I think it is a huge plus, having the honor to play with Messi and Co. However, for players/talents in the attacking positions some of them might have doubts about whether they will get the center role in the attack with Messi still around. With talents/players like Mbappe and Dembele etc. who are not even 20, it shouldn't be an issue and we should make every effort to sign them.

Alik

First the Neymar sympathizers argue that Neymar isn't going to move and are certain he is going to stay at the club, now they are justifying his decision. Disgusting, he could literally spit on our badge and some people on here would have no problem defending it.

Just a few more days to endure their nonsense and then things should settle down.

JamDav1982

How was Neymar a service boy to Messi, when it was Messi dropping down to midfield to feed Neymar?

How about all the times Messi stepped down from taking penalties and free-kicks for Neymar?

Messi wasnt dropping deep just to feed Neymar it was more because he was the one given more freedom and looked like got frustrated at not a lot coming from midfield.

Not many FKs were given to Neymar and waiting to be given a pen by Messi says who is in charge there.

I dont think Neymar resents Messi or thinks he is better than him he just wants the freedom that comes with being the main man and of course the money.

xavi_the_Boss

Neymar got a bigger role in our overall play every year.Not sure what they are on about.

Home of Barca Fans