Neymar Jr. - v5

ManusXavi

Yes.

MBappe said yesterday he wants to leave MOnaco.

And today two french medias said that Barca is in pole position to get him.
I'll believe Mbappes bedroom wall more than I will believe a newspaper. I don't think he will come to Barca

Yannik

Correct me if I'm wrong, but officially, it's not the club that pays the release clause, but the player himself. Doesn't that make it a little more difficult, given that Neymar pays taxes in Spain? Maybe it's legit to ask where that money is coming from, given that there are obviously sufficient grounds to think this is a shady operation?

it used to be seen as an income by spanish tax authorities. That's why clubs had to either pay up 20% on VAT to let a player trigger his clause, or make a deal with the selling club to sell a few millions more in order to evade taxes. Example: The Thiago transfer.
But last September this changed, spanish tax authorities do not see these payments as an income but as a capital gain and the clubs therefor do not have to pay taxes on release clauses anymore.

Julien

Barcelona can say whatever they want but if Neymar pays his clause on saturday, there is nothing they can do about it.

It's true about the release clause. It's a release clause for players, not clubs. Only Neymar can pay the clause. And La Liga can't stop him from doing so. UEFA said indeed that Tebas can't block it but it still has to be by the rules. If PSG comes to pay it then it's not valid, has nothing to do with UEFA. It's just the Spanish law.
PSG didn't show up to pay it.

A neymar's representative with a mandate from neymar did.

And yeah Barca can't choose when, and who pays a release clause.

impeh

Hi, its me..
A league official told the Associated Press that the Spanish league refused to accept the payment and won't act as an intermediary for the player. Nonetheless, the league's refusal does not stop Neymar's exit from Barcelona as the money can be paid directly to the club.

George_Costanza

Oil production in Qatar is 1.5 million barrels a day, and they are a member of OPEC.

bro, on average they produce little more the 500k per day and it's declining. This is not much really.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-03_at_3.39.13_PM.png

El Flaco

I'll believe Mbappes bedroom wall more than I will believe a newspaper. I don't think he will come to Barca

Mbappé's bedroom wall means fuck all.

The likes of Zidane, Ceballos, Isco etc. all expressed their sympathetic for Barca and they still ended up in Madrid.

George_Costanza

Yes.

MBappe said yesterday he wants to leave MOnaco.

And today two french medias said that Barca is in pole position to get him.

I really doubt it. He is going to Real or PSG. Also Bild saying we can get Dembele for 100m which is not bad for this current market.

Julien

I really doubt it. He is going to Real or PSG. Also Bild saying we can get Dembele for 100m which is not bad for this current market.
As people said above, that there are poster of ronaldo in his bedroom means nothing.

And it's not baseless. LEquipe, and LeParisien said that Barca board met with Vadim Vasilyev from Monaco last saturday. Hence why Vadim did not attend the French Supercup.

Yannik

What I'm wondering, and correct me if I'm wrong.

Neymar will pay a release clause for his contract, making him a free agent.
Free agents can be signed by clubs outside the transferwindow, but can they also be written for UEFA leagues? Domestic leagues is absolutely no issue, but how about CL. It would potentially mean PSG can sign Neymar somewhere half of September if this story isn't resolved quickly, and still play him in CL.

PSG can sign free agents whenever they want, but Neymar can only trigger his clause to become a free agent during the transfer window.

Sterlingfan2000

Tebas is doing more harm than good here because he's stopping us from buying any players in the process. I'm wondering if this charade is a smokescreen to Stall our potential transfers.

Not really he just wants his commercial Hero neymar to retain in la liga so more People will watch the league

Home of Barca Fans