Neymar Jr.

Maradona37

I said it at the time, but going to PSG destroyed his career. La Liga is one of the two most popular leagues in the world, and he was always going to have to win the CL to get credit for playing in Ligue 1. I don't think that should be the way it is, as Ligue 1 is a good league, but that's the current football zeitgest.

My thoughts on him are that he's the second most talented player of his generation, but a complete tit.

Temptation

I said it at the time, but going to PSG destroyed his career. La Liga is one of the two most popular leagues in the world, and he was always going to have to win the CL to get credit for playing in Ligue 1. I don't think that should be the way it is, as Ligue 1 is a good league, but that's the current football zeitgest.

My thoughts on him are that he's the second most talented player of his generation, but a complete tit.
Hazard is just as talented and he was an even worse trainer than Neymar was. He was much lazier in training.

Hazard is a slightly better pure dribbler than Neymar who has the better end product. From this era, only Messi is a better dribbler than Hazard.

Maradona37

Hazard is just as talented and he was an even worse trainer than Neymar was. He was much lazier in training.

Hazard is a slightly better pure dribbler than Neymar who has the better end product. From this era, only Messi is a better dribbler than Hazard.
You won't get me slagging off Hazard, as I am a big fan of his on-ball ability. I am not sure he was a better dribbler than Neymar, they're both excellent at it, as are Iniesta and Ribery and Robben. Obviously Messi is the best.

I'd agree Hazard was an even more unprofessional footballer than Neymar. Whether Hazard was as talented as Neymar? I am not sure I would say that myself, but it's definitely a reasonable take.

Temptation

You won't get me slagging off Hazard, as I am a big fan of his on-ball ability. I am not sure he was a better dribbler than Neymar, they're both excellent at it, as are Iniesta and Ribery and Robben. Obviously Messi is the best.

I'd agree Hazard was an even more unprofessional footballer than Neymar. Whether Hazard was as talented as Neymar? I am not sure I would say that myself, but it's definitely a reasonable take.

I'd say equally talented. Hazard the slightly better dribbler. Neymar has the better end product.

I'll tell you why I give Hazard the edge in dribbling. Neymar is skinny and weak. You can foul him and stop him. Argentine players used that strategy in the Copa final and succeeded. Hazard is extremely strong on the ball, uses his ass brilliantly and you just can't stop him physically.

Here's an example to illustrate my point. Hazard simply bodies defenders while dribbling. Neymar gets bodied by defenders sometimes because he's not as strong on the ball as Hazard and Messi are.

Maradona37

I'd say equally talented. Hazard the slightly better dribbler. Neymar has the better end product.

I'll tell you why I give Hazard the edge in dribbling. Neymar is skinny and weak. You can foul him and stop him. Argentine players used that strategy in the Copa final and succeeded. Hazard is extremely strong on the ball, uses his ass brilliantly and you just can't stop him physically.

Here's an example to illustrate my point. Hazard simply bodies defenders while dribbling. Neymar gets bodied by defenders sometimes because he's not as strong on the ball as Hazard and Messi are.

I can't see your video but I have seen both extensively over the years. Hence, I know you are making a good point - Hazard is more wiry and durable and is definitely harder to knock off the ball. He's more like Messi in that sense.

Neymar on the other hand is more of a flashy dribbler and easier to foul, as you say. Or dives more if you wanna be less complimentary.

But it isn't just abut dribbling - I think Neymar was a better passer than Hazard, (though Hazard's passing and playmaking were also world-class), and as you say was better in front of goal. Hazard was really unselfish though and a proper team player, so it is unfair to judge him on end product, imo.

Temptation

I can't see your video but I have seen both extensively over the years. Hence, I know you are making a good point - Hazard is more wiry and durable and is definitely harder to knock off the ball. He's more like Messi in that sense.

Neymar on the other hand is more of a flashy dribbler and easier to foul, as you say. Or dives more if you wanna be less complimentary.

But it isn't just abut dribbling - I think Neymar was a better passer than Hazard, though Hazard's passing and playmaking were also world-class.
It's Hazard's famous solo goal against Arse.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Hazard had a bit better Dribbling, his close-ball control was excellent and made it easier for him to dribble even in tight space

Ney is better in every other category

Maradona37

Hazard was the best player at the 2018 WC. Was in his peak.
Hazard or Modric that year.

Interestingly most Premier League fans would probably tell you De Bruyne was better than Hazard. Both brilliant footballers but I prefer Hazard on his best days myself.

Temptation

Hazard or Modric that year.

Interestingly most Premier League fans would probably tell you De Bruyne was better than Hazard. Both brilliant footballers but I prefer Hazard on his best days myself.
Very different kinds of players.

Hazard had the higher peak. KDB the better career and consistency.

Both are absolute magicians but totally distinct styles, mentality and instincts.

Home of Barca Fans