Neymar Jr.

Andresito

Staff member
All this is wrong tbh

He literally broke his back carrying Brazil as a young lad in the World Cup

Top in KMs run for a player who was as creative as him.

Bad entourage? I don’t remember any drama until he left. And his dad apparently told him not to leave. Regardless isn’t like he left for free we got 250m cash deposited overnight and his massive wages off the books. Its up to the board to spend that money wisely and start the new era.

No need to sign superstars, we needed a Pedro type to return for cheap or Di Maria, Valverde is an excellent youth manager could have used that time to do a healthy rebuild.

Lazy I already addressed, ludicrous take

Worrying ball knowledge from PingPeo
What went wrong for him then? Wasn't he good enough?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

That's low balling him. Talent wise (and only talent wise), he's one of the top 20 players to ever touch a football.

But has 0 leadership, low commitment, bad entourage, and lazy.

You must be joking dude,Ney was THE leader since 2016, insane determination against PSG and Juve (13 dribbles) - guy was pushing the team forward, same with PSG against Real best man, in group stage 18/19 against Liverpool/Neapel again best finisher and creator, one of the main men in 19/20 cl final run. He was unlucky that during his prime Mbappe was too young.

His decision to leave Barca and go to a dysfunctional PSG cost him and Barca a cl.

Considering Barca wasnt by far the best team in the world after 2016 Ney would have been way more benefical for Barca after 2016 than Messi/Suarez and also his defence work was insane, he is the opposite of lazy 💯

Maradona37

Second most talented player of his generation. Fucked his career going to PSG in the summer of 2017, as anyone with foresight predicted at the time.

Maradona37

Moving away from Barcelona was the perfect decision for Neymar.

Moving to PSG and French League was the wrong decision.

Neymar was too good to be a second fiddle after 2015.
Where else could he go?

No second fiddle at Barca, Real Madrid not an option, Bayern maybe but they're more of a well oiled team and I don't think he'd acclimatise to German culture. The Premier League? Not sure he'd have fit in there at Man City - when Pep came in it could have gone either way but I suspect he wouldn't have tolerated Neymar's eccentricity.

PSG was really the only option (and the wrong option). I still think he should have stayed at Barca. It isn't about being a 'second fiddle' - he and Messi could have destroyed teams as they did when Neymar was there.

He's a victim of his own brilliance. Too good to be second fiddle in your eyes but didn't fit in anywhere else either.

Maradona37

I covered that. Do you think Pep would have accepted him? I think we will never know either way. I am not sure Pep would have put up with his 'lifestyle' (see Grealish) and more off the cuff style of playing football, lack of work rate. He had Messi but that was a young Messi. Alternatively you could be right - maybe Neymar would have flourished under him. I don't think we can know for sure in either direction.

Temptation

Pep has no problems with Jack's lifestyle. In his first 2 seasons Pep loved Grealish and used him for the biggest games. He still would if Jack was back to his best. The things Guardiola could potentially do with Neymar are amazing. He'd get the best outta him.

Chelsea would have been a brilliant option too. Chelsea were absolutely ruthless serial winners under Roman. One of the best owners ever. If Chelsea added Neymar they'd be even stronger and potentially compete for more trophies than they already did in that period. A much better club than PSG. Plus, Neymar gets to live in London. Latin Americans prefer London over Manchester which is a bit of a shithole.

For marketing purposes, United would be the best option obviously because of how huge their global fanbase is but they had severe issues on the sporting side. So Chelsea and City were the 2 best options clearly.

Also, Neymar gets to play in easily the best and most high profile league in the world. People would finally start respecting his league career exploits.

Maradona37

Pep has no problems with Jack's lifestyle. In his first 2 seasons Pep loved Grealish and used him for the biggest games. He still would if Jack was back to his best. The things Guardiola could potentially do with Neymar are amazing. He'd get the best outta him.

Chelsea would have been a brilliant option too. Chelsea were absolutely ruthless serial winners under Roman. One of the best owners ever. If Chelsea added Neymar they'd be even stronger and potentially compete for more trophies than they already did in that period. A much better club than PSG. Plus, Neymar gets to live in London. Latin Americans prefer London over Manchester which is a bit of a shithole.

For marketing purposes, United would be the best option obviously because of how huge their global fanbase is but they had severe issues on the sporting side. So Chelsea and City were the 2 best options clearly.

Also, Neymar gets to play in easily the best and most high profile league in the world. People would finally start respecting his league career exploits.
Fair enough. Some good points there even if I don't agree with absolutely everything.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

PSG was really the only option (and the wrong option). I still think he should have stayed at Barca. It isn't about being a 'second fiddle' - he and Messi could have destroyed teams as they did when Neymar was there.
He wanted to win the ballon dor thats why he left Barca and you wont win ballon dor if messi or Ronaldo plays in your team, doesnt matter how good you are, the PR from these 2 players are a lot stronger

Maradona37

He wanted to win the ballon dor thats why he left Barca and you wont win ballon dor if messi or Ronaldo plays in your team, doesnt matter how good you are, the PR from these 2 players are a lot stronger
Too many people (including players) care way too much about the Ballon d'or imo. Individual trophies in team sports make little sense. I mean it's right that Messi has won it so much, but he would still be the best even if he hadn't.

I just feel that it's silly to have an individual award in a team game.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Too many people (including players) care way too much about the Ballon d'or imo. Individual trophies in team sports make little sense. I mean it's right that Messi has won it so much, but he would still be the best even if he hadn't.

I just feel that it's silly to have an individual award in a team game.

true, the players nowadays care a lot more about individual trophies than the 'old' players

but i can understand Ney, i would also like to have 1 ballon dor, it looks so nice and talent-wise Ney deserved it

i think Ronaldo would play a lot better if he forgets about winning topscorer trophy or ballon dor but maybe he wouldnt be so motivated to play without them

it is what it is :valverde2:

Home of Barca Fans