Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
Neymar had very little issues when at Barca ... that's all that matters. Neymar has not demonstrated that he is like R9 or R10 in terms of professionalism. The guy still loves to train and shows up on time and sober. Until that changes, there is no reason to put him into a box.

He might not show up wasted at training but Neymar has a very spoiled attitude. He doesn’t have the sense of responsibility to perform continuously and take footballing as a job he’s getting paid for.
He has too many revenue streams and isnt that dependant on football.
Because of his spoiled attitude hell play well when he feels like it and play bad when he’s tired of it.
What pushed him at Barca was his respect for his seniors.
Otherwise he’ll just find ways to have things go his way. Troublesome attitude.

Neymar already admitted he doesn’t enjoy football as much as his peers.

BBZ8800

Ignorant post. Building a winning team is never a guarantee and you can only hope of improving your chances to win it. You can say we lost to Atletico, Juve, etc ... with him, but he wasn't necessarily the cause. An aging Iniesta was a BIG liability on defensive side as much as we all loved him. You can see his work rate on goals we conceded vs Juve and PSG.

Neymar had very little issues when at Barca ... that's all that matters. Neymar has not demonstrated that he is like R9 or R10 in terms of professionalism. The guy still loves to train and shows up on time and sober. Until that changes, there is no reason to put him into a box.

I don't particularly want Neymar back because I think he wants to play like a 10. But I also surely do not want him going to Madrid. Either he comes to Barca or stays at PSG for me.

When he was here, a lot of us were against him.
His last 2 years were more show than content.

When you watch a match, you have a feeling that he is constantly doing something, trying, dribbling.
Yet, on a score, no results.

Imo, he is a kind of a player with whom you more have "a feeling" that he is good an awesome than he actually is.
Or: he "looks" as BETTER than he really is. (just like Halilovic when he was young to some extent: when you watched him, you get the feeling that he was special, yet he had zero impact on assists, goals and a final result).
Nice moves and show, zero end product.
Something like Hazard, except that Neymar is slightly better.

When you watch a match, you have a feeling that he is a difference maker.
Yet, in the end, on larger samples, he is almost never a difference maker.
Or very rarely.

Btw, it seems that people forgot how Neymar is consistently:
1. either injured
2. or goes MIA/on vacations in spring

Let's check his last 6 seasons, all in Europe:
2013/14:
-- in the 2nd part of a season: scored 3 league goals
2014/15:
-- in the last 19 league matches, he scored 10 goals, 8 from an open play
2015/16:
-- scored 10 goals in the last 19 matches, 8 from an open play
2016/17:
-- scored 9 goals in the last 19 matches, 8 from an open play
2017/18:
-- Psg, scored 8 goals in the last 19 matches. Only 4 from an open play.
2018/19:
-- Psg, scored 4 goals in the last 19 matches. 3 from an open play.

I will now make a comparison of goals scored in the 2nd part of a season, between:
Messi
Neymar, the 2nd best player in the world, lol
Suarez
CR7
= in terms of goals when the titles are won=In a spring.
So, these are stats from:
1. last 19 league rounds in each season
2. and only CL KO matches

2013/14, La Liga and a CL:
22 Messi
19 Cr7
12 Suarez
4 Neymar

2014/15:
27 Cr7
26 Messi
19 Suarez
17 Neymar

2015/16:
28 Suarez
26 Cr7
18 Messi
11 Neymar

2016/17:
24 Cr7
23 Messi
16 Suarez
11 Neymar

2017/18:
28 Cr7
21 Messi
15 Suarez
8 Neymar

2018/19:
25 Messi
12 Cr7
10 Suarez
4 Neymar

In each of his 6 seasons in Europe, in the 2nd part of a season, he was the worst out of these 4 players.
Here is a total number of goals scored by all these 4 guys:
1. in the last 19 league rounds (2nd part of a season)
2. CL KO matches

136 Cr7
135 Messi
100 Suarez
55 Neymar

Then, I love guys who come here and say that Neymar is miles better player than CR7 :lol:
When the titles are won, Cr7 is usually there:
Healthy, fit, motivated and lethal.
While Neymar is partying with his sister.

What is worse, Neymar is even miles behind Suarez in terms of actual influence on final results and titles.
Then, I will ask: do you guys think that it is really only a coincidence that:
1. Barca almost lost 2 titles in 2016 and 2017 when Neymar was here (since he was either injured or horrible in a spring)
2. and that we won 2 La ligas easily once when Neymar wasn't here
Add to this that Brasil never won Copa with Neymar in a team.
He doesn't play in 2019'=Brasil wins comfortably as a team...

But hey, let's bring him here for 200 Millions, since this clown will guarantee a CL success :lol:

Last edited:

abbbs97

Mbappe isn't coming to Barca.. more chance Madrid go in for him next summer :lol:

we fucked our relations with PSG, Dortmund, Atleti.. the list goes on. sadly the legacy this board will leave us with will live on long after them

Not necessarily. Madrid will for sure go for Mbappe next summer but we can convince him to come here. Many misconceptions that he likes Madrid when in reality he likes Ronaldo and Zidane. Do you really think he'd want to go Madrid and risk being potentially the second star behind Neymar? We can convince him to take over Messi later on and we have a lot of French players + Abidal to convince him. It wont be easy for sure with PSG but they'll be forced to sell him before he runs down his contract.

ebc_99

Mbappe isn't coming to Barca.. more chance Madrid go in for him next summer :lol:

we fucked our relations with PSG, Dortmund, Atleti.. the list goes on. sadly the legacy this board will leave us with will live on long after them

The board is just the board, it is not the club, Bartomeu and his cronies will take their reputation with them and then it will be a new start just like it was when Laporta took over.

We have fucked our relationship with PSG for sure and maybe Atleti will be pissed for a while but thats it, the relationship with Dortmund is fine, we have done good business with them since Dembele. Fans take it more personal than clubs do, business is business.

You are right about Mbappe, no chance he is coming here.

After RM and PSG meet the UCL knock out rounds and RM goes after Mbappe, wait to see how friendly PSG will be with RM.

competitors on the pitch, competitors in the transfer market. how do you create friendliness out of that? it's just business.

All this board is pissing off everyone narrative.

Donatello

The board is just the board, it is not the club, Bartomeu and his cronies will take their reputation with them and then it will be a new start just like it was when Laporta took over.

We have fucked our relationship with PSG for sure and maybe Atleti will be pissed for a while but thats it, the relationship with Dortmund is fine, we have done good business with them since Dembele. Fans take it more personal than clubs do, business is business.

You are right about Mbappe, no chance he is coming here.

I still think that a new president could repair our relationship with PSG.

I think Nasser has more of a grudge with Bartomeu & his board rather than Barcelona as a club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I still think that a new president could repair our relationship with PSG.

I think Nasser has more of a grudge with Bartomeu & his board rather than Barcelona as a club.

What is there to do to "repair our relationship with PSG"? Giving them money? Promising that we will never ever show interest in their players? What did we do wrong other than trying to pursue a couple of their players but to no avail?

Bayern for example had been pursing Hudson-Odoi behind Chelsea's back. They did the same with Sane with regard to City. Did they ruin their relations with those clubs?

I don't understand why this board should shoulder any blame with regard to how PSG feels about us.

Last edited:

Devils

It would be very strange if they do sign Neymar because they will surely go after Mbappe in the next year or so as well.

They wont be able to fit everyone and they spent big money on both Rodrygo, Hazard and Vinicius.

smhhhhh

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What is there to do to "repair our relationship with PSG"? Giving them money? Promising that we will never ever show interest in their players? What did we do wrong other than trying to pursue a couple of their players but to no avail?

Bayern for example had been pursing Hudson-Odoi behind Chelsea's back. They did the same with Sane with regard to City. Did they ruin their relations with those clubs?

I don't understand why this board should shoulder any blame with regard to how PSG feels about us.

What about Sandro Rosell trying to persuade Thiago Silva to force his way out of PSG in a TV interview?

Teams try to sign players behind the club's back all the time, but I cannot remember the last time a President of a Football Club basically told a player to force his way out of a club so publicly like that piece of shit Sandro did.

Zica

Real and PSG did this to spite us, but like the PSG move will most likely backfire. He's gonna destabilize Real's locker room, make Zidane go crazy, and clash with Hazard. Only thing I will be happy is Perez when that disappointment on his face and realization of wasting money along with all those years of wanting Ney will come crashing down.

Vinicius development will be stalled

No he won't. He will be fine in the locker room. Always has been ... except for small incidents at PSG.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What about Sandro Rosell trying to persuade Thiago Silva to force his way out of PSG in a TV interview?

Teams try to sign players behind the club's back all the time, but I cannot remember the last time a President of a Football Club basically told a player to force his way out of a club so publicly like that piece of shit Sandro did.

This I am not aware of. What happened?

Zica

When you watch a match, you have a feeling that he is constantly doing something, trying, dribbling.

Imo, he is a kind of a player with whom you more have "a feeling" that he is good an awesome than he actually is.
Or: he "looks" as BETTER than he really is. (just like Halilovic when he was young to some extent: when you watched him, you get the feeling that he was special, yet he had zero impact on assists, goals and a final result).

Or very rarely.

1. either injured

2013/14:
2014/15:
2015/16:
2016/17:
2017/18:
2018/19:

I will now make a comparison of goals scored in the 2nd part of a season, between:
Messi
Suarez
CR7

22 Messi
19 Cr7
12 Suarez
4 Neymar

2014/15:
27 Cr7
26 Messi
19 Suarez
17 Neymar

2015/16:
28 Suarez
26 Cr7
18 Messi
11 Neymar

2016/17:
24 Cr7
23 Messi
16 Suarez
11 Neymar

2017/18:
28 Cr7
21 Messi
15 Suarez
8 Neymar

2018/19:
25 Messi
12 Cr7
10 Suarez
4 Neymar

In each of his 6 seasons in Europe, in the 2nd part of a season, he was the worst out of these 4 players.
2. CL KO matches

136 Cr7
135 Messi
100 Suarez
55 Neymar

Then, I love guys who come here and say that Neymar is miles better player than CR7 :lol:

What is worse, Neymar is even miles behind Suarez in terms of actual influence on final results and titles.
1. Barca almost lost 2 titles in 2016 and 2017 when Neymar was here (since he was either injured or horrible in a spring)

But hey, let's bring him here for 200 Millions, since this clown will guarantee a CL success :lol:

The point about him making his individual battles more important than the overall game is fair and something I agree with. I just didn't agree with the rest of the things you wrote.

Zica

Or very rarely.

1. either injured

2013/14:
2014/15:
2015/16:
2016/17:
2017/18:
2018/19:

Messi
Suarez
CR7

22 Messi
19 Cr7
12 Suarez
4 Neymar

2014/15:
27 Cr7
26 Messi
19 Suarez
17 Neymar

2015/16:
28 Suarez
26 Cr7
18 Messi
11 Neymar

2016/17:
24 Cr7
23 Messi
16 Suarez
11 Neymar

2017/18:
28 Cr7
21 Messi
15 Suarez
8 Neymar

2018/19:
25 Messi
12 Cr7
10 Suarez
4 Neymar

2. CL KO matches

136 Cr7
135 Messi
100 Suarez
55 Neymar

But tell me one thing...how has Suarez been in the CL in the past 3 seasons ? :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans