Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altomonte

I have not seen a serious discussion of Neymar's recurring foot injury problem. Should he play with some kind of protection to prevent a new injury caused by players stepping on top of his foot?
How are the clubs currently pursuing Neymar evaluating this injury risk? After all, it happened twice in a row. And his way of provoking defenses is not reducing this risk.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ney is taking a pay cut. But he's still wil get paid twice as much as Coutinho. He's getting paid a little less than what he made in his final season here I believe

Twice would be between 24m and 30m, still a lot of money that we don't have without getting rid of more players, not just Coutinho.

He is making more than 40m at PSG right now. Source of Neymar willing to take a deep pay cut?

BBZ8800

Personally I found all these rumors of us allegedly getting ahead in the negotiations baffling. How can we afford his transfer fee unless we are going to sell Semedo or even Dembele to PSG? I don't believe the club wants to sell them. Also, how can we afford to pay Neymar's wages, even if we could sell Coutinho? Coutinho is making only around 12m, no more than 15m (gross) a year while Neymar is making three times of that.

Financial implosion incoming.

Coutinho is iirc the top2-3 highest paid in our team with 13-14m net iirc.

Not gross.
Add 13m net from Cou and 4-5m from Semedo and that's it.

Neymar is at 20m net, right?

I am not for his move.
But since he will 99,9% come in the next 7 days...

impeh

Hi, its me..
i doubt the 'advanced negotiations' are with us, to be honest.

Dont think we can afford him as we already bought griezmann, and if PSG wanted coutinho we wouldnt have tried to dump him on every EPL club on deadline day over here.

For me, after messi/ronaldo comes neymar. So it would really suck if he went to madrid. :angry: But it seems hes pretty desperate to get out of Paris.

Sorin

I hzve not seen a serious discussion of Neymar's recurring foot injury problem. Should he play with some kind of protection to prevent a new injury caused by players stepping on top of his foot?

I brought up this point several times. Are we willing to take the risk that his foot injury, which happened to the same bone in 2 consecutive years, doesn't become a chronic issue? What if he is targeted on that foot and it happens again? We are then stuck with a 25m/year player that will have to be put in bubble wrap.

Another point which i have not seen being discussed nearly enough is his tendency to party like an animal. He's not getting any younger and age will catch up, the body won't recuperate at the same rate and if he continues on this path it's a ticking time bomb. His level could drop instantly since the guy will be 28 as early as next February.

Too many risks for a deal so damn costly.

Ok I'll stop here since the horse is already beaten to death.

BBZ8800

Btw about posts how Ney guarantees a Cl.
And how he is the 2nd best player in the world.
He is that highly rated only on 3 places in the world:
1. Neymar's head
2. Rosell's and Barto's head
3. Barcaforum

In real life, he is for a reason outside of top10 players in the world.

Further, about him guaranteeing a CL, remember:
2014: Atletico 1:0
We were toothless in attack.
2016: Atletico 2:0
A comedy gold in attack against a parked buses
2017: Psg 4:0
We could have lost 7:0
Juve 3:0 and 0:0
Toothless.

Not to mention that Brasil has just won Copa without a gamechanger Neymar.

Plus, RM were better than us in the last 18 months of La liga while we had MSN.
We were actually way better in La liga with Ernieball than with the second best player in the universe.

Regarding Real and 4 Cls.
Lol, they had CR7.
Neymar won't bring them any trophies.

Some fans mentioned a few days ago that maybe Neymar will be motivated this time.

Ney is a clown, an idiot, a snake and a Brasilian.
There is no way that a Brasilian attacker who is also a poison gets motivated in his late 20s.
He will always stay the same.
Party, fights, problems, showboating, dribbling backwards, r a p i n g, money, ego, diva, injuries.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Coutinho is iirc the top2-3 highest paid in our team with 13-14m net iirc.

Not gross.
Add 13m net from Cou and 4-5m from Semedo and that's it.

Neymar is at 20m net, right?

I am not for his move.
But since he will 99,9% come in the next 7 days...

My bad, I meant to say net. Neymar's net would be around 20m, correct. If we talk about gross numbers since we will have to pay out the full pre-tax salaries, Neymar is at around 40m while Coutinho is at around 23m and Semedo is only at around 4m. So we are still short.

Givenchy

if we had a competent manager who actually developed players, i wouldn't want Neymar or Griezmann anywhere near the club and would be excited to see Dembele, Semedo, Arthur and Frenkie form the future of Barca but reality is, Fraudverde is going to be playing gala XI at every opportunity and the only hope we have of winning another CL with Messi is signing ready made players sadly.

on one hand i really dont want to see Semedo leaving in any deal but will he even be 1st choice RB? i know they say Bob is moving back to midfield but will he inevitably end up EVs main RB again? remember Valverde doesn't learn from any mistakes

George_Costanza

i doubt the 'advanced negotiations' are with us, to be honest.

This...

PSG wants to sell to a club that offers more money, not players exchange. We don't have the money, we even borrowed some to cover Griezmann's transfer which I was against. TBH, I don't care about Neymar but he will do so well in Real and possibly win multiple BOs playing for that team. The best scenario is he stays in PSG, second-best scenario is we buy him. The worst scenario he joins Real.

He is going to Madrid most likely though.

xxxxxx

This...

PSG wants to sell to a club that offers more money, not players exchange. We don't have the money, we even borrowed some to cover Griezmann's transfer which I was against. TBH, I don't care about Neymar but he will do so well in Real and possibly win multiple BOs playing for that team. The best scenario is he stays in PSG, second-best scenario is we buy him. The worst scenario he joins Real.

He is going to Madrid most likely though.

I'm hoping they do. Signing Neymar will be a big mistake for them. He's going to cost too much and they already have a left winger that they spent like 140m euros on just 2 months back. They honestly could be using that money to get midfielders and compete that way. Besides, Neymar has only played like 58 games in the past 2 seasons. The good thing is they'll have no money to spend next season if they sign Neymar.

We honestly don't need Neymar. We could use that money on other areas and make our whole team better. Our team is better than last season.... and if Dembele and Coutinho could play better, we'd be good. If only we could get a better coach we'd be in a much better situation. I'd go after Eriksen instead.

I guarantee you they're only doing this to spite us. But this is going backfire on them because they're lacking in other areas.

We all know Neymar doesn't give a shit about us, so him signing for that team won't bother him too much.

Last edited:

Richard.H

Semedo + Cou + 50 mil isn’t a bad offer at all. That’s cheap considering how inflated today’s market is. Keep in mind Ney also brings a lot of marketing and shirt sales for the club. Semedo isn’t utilized properly by EV anyway. If we had a better coach I would be against this offer

Donatello

Are you guys ready to give up Semedo if we were to believe the rumors?

I am not. It is pointless to mention Rakitic or Umtiti as PSG is not a dumping ground for our unwanted players. They will only accept players that they want.

Nope.

Semedo is the best RB we have, without him we would be leaking goals a lot. Roberto can't defend, while Wague is nowhere near starter quality.

Plus, his chemistry with Dembele is very good already.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Semedo's chemistry with Dembele doesn't matter given OD won't play at the RW.

I would try to offer Rakitic or Umtiti first and see if they bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans