Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PhilS

One thing I know for sure, the CL will get a lot simpler for Chelsea after they add this guy. I'd prefer for Barca to continue to be the CL favorite.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
"A todos los jugadores les gustaría jugar en el Barcelona y a mí también". Quote from Neymar today, he'd love to play for Barca.

I don't know how much more encouragement Barca needs. This type of situation is why the club has that huge line of credit, so they can make a bid when the time is ripe.

No coach in the world would keep this talent on the bench 90% of the time. The Trident has been together on the field almost all the time this year because they have all been playing great, none of them have had to miss very many games at all, and, most importantly, the team has been drastically weakened whenever Pep has used alternatives at forward. None of the subs at this position have done well (though Bojan might be perking up now).

I would think Neymar would be on the field about half the time next year, more if any of the Trident got significant injuries. He would score 15-20 goals. He would still play for both Brazil and Brazil under 21/23, so that would be enough playing time for him to develop. Each of the Trident would play just a little bit less, and no other player would get very many minutes at all up front.

Wouldn't it be nice this week to have an alternative forward like this? Not have to hurry Messi back, still having enough firepower to beat any team? You would have a team deep enough to have a great shot at the Treble every year. A team that could win CL even if Messi got hurt.

When Neymar is the leading scorer in Europe in a few years, after he's carried Brazil to the World Cup in 2014, it will be pretty clear that he would help any team.

:rofl1: :rofl1:

The only thing he is going to carry is that stupid haircut.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
To be honest, where I agree with Phil is that getting Neymar means we wont be as reliant on Messi anymore, Neymar would replace him fine.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
You don't, are you crazy? He is amazing. You could see he was something special from the beginning.

No, i don't and I'm totally sane while not wanting him. I know he has some super skills but being special is not enough to be a Barca player. Also He's special in Brazilian league. he is still unproven and moving to a really big club from the start wouldn't be too great for him right now. But unfortunately it's obvious that he will go straight to a big one. what's the proof that he will not fold under the pressure and high standards of a big club?

He's got super talent but that's not enough. he's lacking some other aspects as well.
He's a big gamble and a very expensive one.

This is discussion sooo repeated we'd just wait and see what the club does,any way.

Last edited:

MoFroBo

One thing I know for sure, the CL will get a lot simpler for Chelsea after they add this guy. I'd prefer for Barca to continue to be the CL favorite.

Wow man, I hope Neymar comes to Getafe. Absolute favorites to win treble they would be!

DucdeOrléans

That haircut already makes him a legend. Sign him up Pep!

Nah, seriously this kid has HUGE potential. Let him gain some weight in the gym and he will be deadly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGdcwThe1No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kRPgBg5QYo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnsY159-NfE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIGfA_apmD8

His attitude is also getting better and better. Can't see any reason to why we should not buy him, given the opportunity. He is incredibly talented, versatile, amazing technique (on a par with Ronaldinho at the same age), pace, passing etc.

He is such a great talent that a 30 million euro investment would not be a gamble IMO. He has proved his talent on all levels for Brazil and now he excels for the "real" national team) and he has constantly (more or less) been brilliant for Santos.

Let us give Santos Keirrison and Henrique and buy Neymar for 20-25 million euros.

Robbie

God damnit, don't you guys have enough world class players?!

Actually, yeah I hope you get him. Better you than Chelsea :party1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans