Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DucdeOrléans

Superfly:

Why don't you take Daltis' (no offence to Daltis who usually is a good poster despite all the hate but his Cesc worshipping is a bit tiring) hand and go wank off to a Fabregás poster somewhere.

I am sure that would make more sense than your posts in this thread. (basically pointless trolling)

Pelé is a legend of the game (if not the greatest). He is allowed to act like an idiot on his old days.

And at least he still has some sense after all:

He basically says:

FC Barcelona>Man U

Messi>Ronaldo

and mentions all the right all-time greats (even Maradona).

Nolan, I am only a fanboy when it comes to FC Barcelona, AC Milan, France and Italy.

I like Brazil (also for family reasons - Orléans-Braganza and because I have visited the country 5-6 times), always have and always will but I am far from being a fanboy. Sure I prefer them to Argentina/Uruguay (although I like both of those as well - in fact I like South American football in general).

That's more or less the opposite to the usual English audience such as Superfly, Ed although he usually is a good poster etc. and their "everything that is not European must be shit" bullshit. Tiring and very wrong since the Brazilian league would be among the best league in Europe.

Sure I might be the biggest fan of Neymar on this forum but that's due to me following him since his debut (more or less).

I have written countless of posts on his behaviour (used Brazilian and Spanish sources) given examples of Pep and the board praising him, his strenghts and weaknesses etc. so I see no reason to do that yet again.

The point still remains that we need to replace Villa at some point in the next 1-3 years and that's when Neymar becomes interesting since he would be ideal in our system.

Both Cuenca and Tello are wingers and to say it frankly they are not fully proven on the highest level yet if we are to be honest.

I am sure Pep and the board are having similar thoughts. Let's take this discussion in the summer where we will be able to fully evaluate Tello's and Cuenca's performances and see which state Villa will be in (I am sure we need to wait until September for that one)

Come on evilhita.

The Brazilian league is not bad at all nor is the Copa Libertadores.

So Neymar scoring 8 goals for Brazil in 15 matches is not proving himself AT ALL?

Are you trying to say that Tello a kid who played under 300 minutes for us is more proven than Neymar?

And yes I also prefer our cantera especially if they are good enough but let's wait and see how both Tello and Cuenca will develop. You know Bojan was also extremely promising in the beginning look how he turned out.

What is certain is that Neymar is a special talent and I would hate to see him play somewhere less (unless it is AC Milan) and fullfil his talent.

dalitis8

Banned
If I am getting this correctly, some people on here are trying to say something approximately on the lines of: We do not really need Neymar, because we have Cuenca, Deulofeu and Ebwelle...

:rolleyes:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
If I am getting this correctly, some people on here are trying to say something approximately on the lines of: We do not really need Neymar, because we have Cuenca, Deulofeu and Ebwelle...

:rolleyes:

Because football, as you like to say to others, is not a videogame where you shove as many fancy dribblers together as possible. "Oh, Villa's rating dropped from 90 to 87? Better drop his ass!"

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Because football, as you like to say to others, is not a videogame where you shove as many fancy dribblers together as possible. "Oh, Villa's rating dropped from 90 to 87? Better drop his ass!"

Can you believe people here would consider selling Pedro and/or Villa for Neymar?

Mind Boggling.

BTW Ducde you know right that my mother's side of the family is from Guyana, in South America. I have nothing against their football.

I just don't think Neymar is worth the hassle for you lot. It is nothing against any supposed hatred of brazilian/south american football. It is all to do with that I think he is all style with no substance.

Whilst (maybe not you) others are considering selling vastly better team players in Pedro and Villa to sign that guy.

IMO if you do that you may get a better individual but I guarantee it will weaken your team.

barcafc

Neymar: "This rivalry Messi and Neymar doesnt exist. Messi is above all. After the match, I said that Messi is the best in the world. what he is doing is exceptional, amazing and I hope he continues like this. Today, I still see myself as a fan and I'm happy with every match he plays that way."

DucdeOrléans

Can you believe people here would consider selling Pedro and/or Villa for Neymar?

Mind Boggling.

BTW Ducde you know right that my mother's side of the family is from Guyana, in South America. I have nothing against their football.

I just don't think Neymar is worth the hassle for you lot. It is nothing against any supposed hatred of brazilian/south american football. It is all to do with that I think he is all style with no substance.

Whilst (maybe not you) others are considering selling vastly better team players in Pedro and Villa to sign that guy.

IMO if you do that you may get a better individual but I guarantee it will weaken your team.

Well Ed you are obviously entitled to your opinion but the trolling is not necessary.

As I have written before and in my latest post I also don't see the need for Neymar if both Cuenca and Tello continue their promising development and reach the level of Neymar's/potential and other promising young players. But I can't hide that I would hate to see Neymar flourish in another team (bar Barca and Milan) because I am certain that the kid can be HUGE in the right enviroment and I find it hard to see where a better enviroment than the one found in Barca right now is.

Look I never said we should sell Villa or Pedro. In fact read my posts in their threads if you don't believe me. I think I wrote a post a month ago (when Pedro was bashed by nearly everyone else on this forum) in the Pedro thread where I stated how important this guy has been for our success and how foolish it would be to sell him just because he has had a disappointing season so far.

I am just saying that when (and that will eventually happen) Villa will be replaced I would prefer Neymar to be the guy who replaces him.

Nobody know if he will weaken or strengthen our team. I firmly believe that the former is the case while others (included you) believe the former which you are entitled to of course.

What I would wish was a serious discussion on this and not the usual trolling from some members. Sure trolling can be fun but there has just been too much of it lately.

Neymar: "This rivalry Messi and Neymar doesnt exist. Messi is above all. After the match, I said that Messi is the best in the world. what he is doing is exceptional, amazing and I hope he continues like this. Today, I still see myself as a fan and I'm happy with every match he plays that way."

Exactly. Neymar is a good kid. I mean he handled it really well when Santos were humiliated by us. Nearly all of our players praised him and most importantly Pep.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
You have Villa replacement in Tello and Cuenca plus Pedro can play in that role too...

Plus Vlla is only 30. He has a good 3-4 years left at the highest level. It's not like his career is winding down.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Look, brazilian and south american football is way inferior to top european football, it's not a way of downplaying Neymar at all... I watch a lot of south american football, mostly because I live in south america, duh, hahahaha...

And I never said Tello was more proven that Neymar, if you read carefully you'd see I'm saying neither is proven, for all we know Tello and/or Cuenca could pull a Bojan, but Neymar could pull a Denilson/Robinho as well... So when it comes to that point, I rather place my bet on a kid that costs us nothing than on one who will cost one of my testicles...

DucdeOrléans

Evilhita:

So just because you happen to be Columbian (not Brazilian) you fell that you are more qualified to judge whether a league is useless or not?

It's funny most experts that follow both the Brazilian league and the top European leagues tend to agree with my opinion and the opinion shared by people who follow both leagues closely (La Furia, Flavia etc.)

And what does WAY INFERIOR mean? Compared to what exatly? Care to elaborate?

No but you somehow fell the need to compare Neymar with Tello and Cuenca (much less proven players)

Neymar IS as proven as he can be without playing in Europe. He plays in a league that is better than all European league apart from the 5 big leagues (Seria A, La Liga, PL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1) the Copa Libertadores (which is similar to the EuropaLeague if not better) and he has already scored 8 goals in 15 matches for one of the best national teams and certainly the most prestigious national team.

Apart from that you need to start from somewhere. I am glad that the scouts who discovered Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho etc. and brougth them to Europe did not have the same mentality as you.

Well that's what I mean (and what I wrote and always have written). Nobody knows what the future will tell.

Just as well as you don't know what Neymar will cost or whether he will be worth his price.

I would like to hear why you think that he would not fit into our team.

Robbie

You have Villa replacement in Tello and Cuenca plus Pedro can play in that role too...

Plus Vlla is only 30. He has a good 3-4 years left at the highest level. It's not like his career is winding down.

He had a season ending injury at 30, which means he'll take longer to recover and could well have niggling reoccurring setbacks. I'm not saying he's finished, but there's a good chance he might not come back the same player he was.

F

Flavia

I don't think the french league, or bundesliga, are better than the brazilian league. Some top brazilian teams would do well even in pl, la liga or serie a. They'd be midtable, at least. I think people tend to underrate the br league. But apart from some great sides, it's not like all the teams from pl, la liga, seria a, etc, are major football forces.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Evilhita:

So just because you happen to be Columbian (not Brazilian) you fell that you are more qualified to judge whether a league is useless or not?

It's funny most experts that follow both the Brazilian league and the top European leagues tend to agree with my opinion and the opinion shared by people who follow both leagues closely (La Furia, Flavia etc.)

And what does WAY INFERIOR mean? Compared to what exatly? Care to elaborate?

No but you somehow fell the need to compare Neymar with Tello and Cuenca (much less proven players)

Neymar IS as proven as he can be without playing in Europe. He plays in a league that is better than all European league apart from the 5 big leagues (Seria A, La Liga, PL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1) the Copa Libertadores (which is similar to the EuropaLeague if not better) and he has already scored 8 goals in 15 matches for one of the best national teams and certainly the most prestigious national team.

Apart from that you need to start from somewhere. I am glad that the scouts who discovered Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho etc. and brougth them to Europe did not have the same mentality as you.

Well that's what I mean (and what I wrote and always have written). Nobody knows what the future will tell.

Just as well as you don't know what Neymar will cost or whether he will be worth his price.

I would like to hear why you think that he would not fit into our team.

Most of your post is speculation...

First... I'm Colombian and I watch south american and european tournaments, that's all I meant, not that I was better qualified.
Second... So I follow many leagues just like the people you call experts, god forbid I disagree with you or them.
Third... Where did I say Tello was better than Neymar? I said that for the price it would be better giving a chance to Tello.
Fourth... Neither Rivaldo, Ronaldo or Dinho came to europe to a team of the caliber we are right now, they had to adjust in smaller teams first.
Fifth... For every Ballon d'Or prospect there is a Keirrison, and that's what I think we should avoid considering our financial issues.
Sixth... I have never said he doesn't fit our team (in football terms), I said Tello might be a better fit because of him being raised in the club.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Surely if you're buying Neymar, you sell Tello not Cuenca?

exactly.

which is my main problem with this whole thing.

Cuenca will be fine. he's got a very unique skillset and is ugly as fuck. he will see minutes, don't anyone worry about that (unless your name is Ibrahim Afellay).

it's Tello that will be buried by Neymar (and, obviously, Villa. but the age & injury situation at least puts rationality into that swap, even if it is an emotional kick in the mansack) and that's what really irks me, because Tello is legitimately exciting. he is what we expected Henry to be, what we all hoped Bojan would be, what many thought Pedro actually was. and he's a Catalan canterano to boot!

I know Neymar is better than he is (I take Nolan's point about price and chemistry but I don't think chemistry would be anywhere near as much of an issue as some think. price, however? yeah that'd be brutal) he's much better and the idea of passing on someone as good as him, when he wants to join us, is fucking mental - but he's not a Catalan canterano AND even if he settles in nicely he'll still need time to adapt and even then will probably never be as happy with being 2nd option like Tello would be.

like someone said: Santos want to keep Neymar 'til 2014 and I hope they do. but I can see Sandro waiting 'til after Santos celebrate their centenary in July and then making a move. especially if Pep goes. in fact if Pep goes I would say Neymar will 100% be in Blaugrana at the start of 12/13. if Pep stays then he may delay it/redirect the transfer activity, who knows? I dunno, it's so tricksy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans