Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
What do you have against Flash, Swag, Talent, Beauty, Skills, Panache and Success?

oh, Liverpool...

I have nothing against those attributes - I mean Villa and Pedro have those in abundance don't they.

However some people would willingly sell them to buy Neymar. Because those people seem to think you can have the best 11 players in their respective positions in a team and it will work - it has been proven that it doesn't.

Still if you want to spend £60m on Neymar then go for it. I and every single club in europe will gladly take Pedro or Villa off of your hands.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I have nothing against those attributes - I mean Villa and Pedro have those in abundance don't they.

However some people would willingly sell them to buy Neymar. Because those people seem to think you can have the best 11 players in their respective positions in a team and it will work - it has been proven that it doesn't.

Still if you want to spend £60m on Neymar then go for it. I and every single club in europe will gladly take Pedro or Villa off of your hands.

Ummm...Pedro is a good boy, far from Neymar. The only attribute he shares with Neymar is diving, and both do it casually nor religiously. Pedro is a tactics player with lots of confidence. And he looks like a Mexican, which is the most awesome thing about him, ever. When Pedro lost his confidence he lost it all. I mean everything. Not even tactics were helping him out, not even a remarkably well taken goal against Madrid brought him from the depression he is in. He was then replaced by another type of player, a wide forward dribbler in Cuenca, Barcelona's answer to Dani Parejo.

As for Villa, his career is not yet over, his interlink play is superb, my favorite striker of the decade for sure but he will need to be time managed. The sex pest will have to be managed for big games, because he WILL score for sure there. But his recovery will take sometime and to be honest, years in football go by fast and success fades away faster. Barcelona's continual success has been proportionally correlated to a talent revolving door. Players in, succeed and they are out. That leaves your forward line thin, with a broken player in Pedro, a one dimensional player in Cuenca and a very decent player in Tello.

That front line of Barcelona burns player, and quickly. It injured Messi numerous times as well as Pedro/Villa/Alexis and Bojan, Ibrahimovic as well as Eto'o. Continuous success needs change and a solid core.

Neymar would be one for the future like Alexis, because what I feel is that even through Barcelona produces many excellent forwards their shelf life is short. You just might need someone like Alexis and Neymar, internationals from other countries to remain unabsorbed by the pressure. Ones with exceptional talent, not just sons of the system. Tello, and Cuenca are talented, very talented but not exceptionally talented like Neymar.

If Neymar is brought, you would have a forward line of Neymar, Messi and Alexis with Pedro Villa and one of Tello or Cuenca loaned out (many clubs would rush for them). Who is to say that Neymar is to command a first place anyway? Pep is a stubborn man, not even Rosell flashing the money would make Pep fold.

Besides what has been discussed from a footballing or tactical view in this thread regarding Barcelona, no, your problem is not with Neymar joining Barcelona. Your problem is with Neymar himself. For some reason you dislike him, dislike the hype around him, you don't enjoy anything regarding Neymar. Someone who is a 20 year old enjoying life and football to the maximum and is cool as hell. The kid is a celebrity, has a bit of a temper but Villa had worse temper and retaliations, so did many great players like Romario, Zidane, including Pep.

By the end of the year, Neymar will make more than I will make in my entire engineering career including my investments and bonuses and granted coupons and free tickets etc...I'd fuckin' love to be him, but I do not hate on him but congratulate him. The kid is class, a joy to watch, daring, artful and different. Whatever happened with Robinho and Denilson is in the past, and they were not just accidents, there was a reason to their relative failure. There was a reason as to why their careers didn't pan out the way it should be.

Neymar might end up as one, but I sure as hell don't bet against him just to say I TOLD YOU SO if or when he fails. People who do not deserve a spot in European outfits are people who waste the money like King Kenny, racists like Terry, Chavs like half of the Liverpool team, ungrateful assholes like Tevez among many others.

There is no such thing as short cuts in football, there is no such thing as safe routes. Look at Arsenal, look at your miserable club, look at Inter, and look at Manchester United's midfield. You have to take gambles and you have to go for your first options. Nothing less. And Neymar is not less, he is a top option. Top options win you titles, and continue to win you titles. Look at Napoli, they bought a very good first team, sure they linger in an unflattering position in the league but they advanced from a group that would have seen Liverpool in the bottom of it and on the verge of advancing to the next round.

I do not blame anyone pursuing Neymar, he is FANTASTIC. Enjoy his talent because there isn't many like it. And if you cannot enjoy Neymar I have no idea how you can enjoy Adam or reason with Downing and Caroll :SHOCKING:

So as it stands you proved to have something against: Flash, Swag, Talent, Beauty, Skills, Panache and Success.

DucdeOrléans

Ummm...Pedro is a good boy, far from Neymar. The only attribute he shares with Neymar is diving, and both do it casually nor religiously. Pedro is a tactics player with lots of confidence. And he looks like a Mexican, which is the most awesome thing about him, ever. When Pedro lost his confidence he lost it all. I mean everything. Not even tactics were helping him out, not even a remarkably well taken goal against Madrid brought him from the depression he is in. He was then replaced by another type of player, a wide forward dribbler in Cuenca, Barcelona's answer to Dani Parejo.

As for Villa, his career is not yet over, his interlink play is superb, my favorite striker of the decade for sure but he will need to be time managed. The sex pest will have to be managed for big games, because he WILL score for sure there. But his recovery will take sometime and to be honest, years in football go by fast and success fades away faster. Barcelona's continual success has been proportionally correlated to a talent revolving door. Players in, succeed and they are out. That leaves your forward line thin, with a broken player in Pedro, a one dimensional player in Cuenca and a very decent player in Tello.

That front line of Barcelona burns player, and quickly. It injured Messi numerous times as well as Pedro/Villa/Alexis and Bojan, Ibrahimovic as well as Eto'o. Continuous success needs change and a solid core.

Neymar would be one for the future like Alexis, because what I feel is that even through Barcelona produces many excellent forwards their shelf life is short. You just might need someone like Alexis and Neymar, internationals from other countries to remain unabsorbed by the pressure. Ones with exceptional talent, not just sons of the system. Tello, and Cuenca are talented, very talented but not exceptionally talented like Neymar.

If Neymar is brought, you would have a forward line of Neymar, Messi and Alexis with Pedro Villa and one of Tello or Cuenca loaned out (many clubs would rush for them). Who is to say that Neymar is to command a first place anyway? Pep is a stubborn man, not even Rosell flashing the money would make Pep fold.

Besides what has been discussed from a footballing or tactical view in this thread regarding Barcelona, no, your problem is not with Neymar joining Barcelona. Your problem is with Neymar himself. For some reason you dislike him, dislike the hype around him, you don't enjoy anything regarding Neymar. Someone who is a 20 year old enjoying life and football to the maximum and is cool as hell. The kid is a celebrity, has a bit of a temper but Villa had worse temper and retaliations, so did many great players like Romario, Zidane, including Pep.

By the end of the year, Neymar will make more than I will make in my entire engineering career including my investments and bonuses and granted coupons and free tickets etc...I'd fuckin' love to be him, but I do not hate on him but congratulate him. The kid is class, a joy to watch, daring, artful and different. Whatever happened with Robinho and Denilson is in the past, and they were not just accidents, there was a reason to their relative failure. There was a reason as to why their careers didn't pan out the way it should be.

Neymar might end up as one, but I sure as hell don't bet against him just to say I TOLD YOU SO if or when he fails. People who do not deserve a spot in European outfits are people who waste the money like King Kenny, racists like Terry, Chavs like half of the Liverpool team, ungrateful assholes like Tevez among many others.

There is no such thing as short cuts in football, there is no such thing as safe routes. Look at Arsenal, look at your miserable club, look at Inter, and look at Manchester United's midfield. You have to take gambles and you have to go for your first options. Nothing less. And Neymar is not less, he is a top option. Top options win you titles, and continue to win you titles. Look at Napoli, they bought a very good first team, sure they linger in an unflattering position in the league but they advanced from a group that would have seen Liverpool in the bottom of it and on the verge of advancing to the next round.

I do not blame anyone pursuing Neymar, he is FANTASTIC. Enjoy his talent because there isn't many like it. And if you cannot enjoy Neymar I have no idea how you can enjoy Adam or reason with Downing and Caroll :SHOCKING:

So as it stands you proved to have something against: Flash, Swag, Talent, Beauty, Skills, Panache and Success.

Spot fucking on Raed.

I stoped "discussing" with the "English football fan stereotype" brigade (AnfieldEd, Superfly etc.) a long time ago.

Not worth it and a waste of time.

X

xaviniesta

worst shit i've read in a while.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
And your post is not speculation?

If you have not realized it yet then we are all speculating in this thread otherwise we would not have discussed whether buying Neymar is good or not since we would have known it beforehand.;)

Well so do I. I just did not see any reason to mention it.

You might disagree with them but surely you could tell why the Brazilian league is WAY inferior (what you said) compared to European football. Are you not sure that you are exaggeration for the sake of it (to make your point stronger)?

Where did I write that you have said that Tello is better than Neymar? I am just saying that Tello is not proven yet at all unless you regard 300 minutes of play as proven on the highest level. Remember Bojan?

They were still top clubs. The point still stands. Just because they are not proven in Europe (for obvious reasons) it does not make them less talented than European talents playing in Europe. Nor do they need to be proven in Europe to be better than their counterparts in Europe.

Obviously there are risks whenever you buy a player. ALSO players that are proven in Europe.

But why mention Tello at all? Does Tello exclude buying Neymar and vice versa? I mean we are still buying world class players (Cesc, Alexis) despite having the best midfield and attack. I am sure I don't need to explain why that is.

I meant speculation as in what I tried to say, not on what would happen in the future... You know, the internets screws communication and english is not my natural language, hehehe...

I think we are revolving around a certain point that is being blurred by our opposing views of buying Neymar...

Here I try to make it clear:

Tello is relevant to the conversation because is who Neymar would displace, I think that's pretty evident. Then, both Tello and Neymar are a gamble and we don't know for sure who will be the bigger player for us, so you say Neymar based on raw talent, I say Tello based on costs and affiliation to the club (that is not to say Neymar wouldn't be able to learn)...

And my point of saying brazilian leagues are (way) inferior to top european leagues is well, my point of view... I give that "way inferior" might be too much in the literal sense of the words, but as someone said (sorry, I don't remember who but I think it's someone you trust who also watches south american football) their best teams would probably be midtable to Europa League level, well to you and him it may seem good, which I totally understand, but to me it sounds bad, hahaha, is something like half empty or half full glass kinda thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans