Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Lose the hair, lose the socks-above-knees, lose the fucking douche attitude & try again. I hope we never sign him unless his personality changes.

I started reading Zlatan's autobiography, and honestly I can't see Neymar being a Pep kind of player without seriously toning it down.

I'm sure he works hard, he doesn't drink, etc. We aren't talking about Ronaldinho here. But Pep hated Ibra and Eto'o for driving exotic cars, does anyone really think he's going to want to put up with Neymar's antics? That sort of flashiness goes against everything this team and its hive mind tries to be. Pep's favourites are all boring, family men who come from nice families.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
I started reading Zlatan's autobiography, and honestly I can't see Neymar being a Pep kind of player without seriously toning it down.

I'm sure he works hard, he doesn't drink, etc. We aren't talking about Ronaldinho here. But Pep hated Ibra and Eto'o for driving exotic cars, does anyone really think he's going to want to put up with Neymar's antics? That sort of flashiness goes against everything this team and its hive mind tries to be. Pep's favourites are all boring, family men who come from nice families.

quite true. few days back Pep complimented busi by saying , he has same friends , relatives , car and nothing changed when i first saw him..

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
quite true. few days back Pep complimented busi by saying , he has same friends , relatives , car and nothing changed when i first saw him..

Yeah, it seems that there is a definite personality type that Pep looks for. It's easier when the core of the team is home grown I guess, but the majority of Barca right now is filled with introverts who have tight control over their private lives.

I mean reading Ibra's side of the story, he's clearly an arrogant asshole but he's not a huge party boy or anything like that, but it's little things like driving like a maniac in a ferrari instead of taking the team audi like everyone else that get on Pep's nerves.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Yeah, it seems that there is a definite personality type that Pep looks for. It's easier when the core of the team is home grown I guess, but the majority of Barca right now is filled with introverts who have tight control over their private lives.

I mean reading Ibra's side of the story, he's clearly an arrogant asshole but he's not a huge party boy or anything like that, but it's little things like driving like a maniac in a ferrari instead of taking the team audi like everyone else that get on Pep's nerves.

Well the point of Family is what Pep considers most i think. He tried to build this team as family . After last years Operation Abidal said, Barcelona is different because of Pep. Pep injected family values and we are members now and we look after each other. Pep doesn;t allow us to break it . He is the silent guardian .

Abidal also gave an example : " Pep was shouting each and everyones name who was on the squad list. I was surprised to see my name in the CL final. I ran to Puyol to ask about his name and what is the reason of me being there ? Puyol said, " my friend , now nothing else matters.what matters now is you. everyone is watching you." can you imagine , this can only happen in barcelona." concluded abidal.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Well the point of Family is what Pep considers most i think. He tried to build this team as family . After last years Operation Abidal said, Barcelona is different because of Pep. Pep injected family values and we are members now and we look after each other. Pep doesn;t allow us to break it . He is the silent guardian .

Abidal also gave an example : " Pep was shouting each and everyones name who was on the squad list. I was surprised to see my name in the CL final. I ran to Puyol to ask about his name and what is the reason of me being there ? Puyol said, " my friend , now nothing else matters.what matters now is you. everyone is watching you." can you imagine , this can only happen in barcelona." concluded abidal.
How can you miss the part where Abi calls Puyi a fuckin' badass!? That's the best part dufus!!

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
True true. But I was just making a comparative point. Thought it was irrelevant . The whole interview was great indeed. :)

Co0ter

Lose the hair, lose the socks-above-knees, lose the fucking douche attitude & try again. I hope we never sign him unless his personality changes.

Wouldn't mind him losing the hair, although it doesn't really bother me. We have multiple players, including Alexis, who wear socks above the knees...soooo?

And he doesn't have a douche attitude. His teamates love him and he's actually a really nice, family oriented kid. He's a mature athlete for his age, but he's also a kid and Brazilian.....a few antics (which he hasn't had any for a while) doesn't make him a douche or the plague of a locker room.

Sometimes I wonder if people even bother thinking for themselves before posting or looking stuff up first. I guess it's easier to just repeat what others say.

Maria

Pep made an exception for an extrovert, talented brazilian once and if he likes Neymar he will do it again.

I think throwing things, saying he is a coward and doing nothing on the pitch got on Pep's nerves more then driving a Ferrari.

I'm not saying that Pep wants to buy Neymar, but I don't understand how some cules can be so sure that he doesn't and that the main reason of Pep's hate towards Ibra and Eto'o was the cars they were driving(and not the fact that they tried to undermine his authority).

Blue Demon

If he does come, maybe Dani will be the one mentoring. Dani hasn't had the best family life lately (I believe his marriage ended) so he doesn't fall into the traditional family man, but he knows what is important and that is your actions on the pitch; I believe Dani has bought into what Pep preaches. Hopefully Neymar (if he comes to the club) will follow the same line.

All in all, I do believe Pep knows what he is getting with Neymar.

Hatem Ben Arfa

why is everyone hating on Rayman I mean Neymar?

He's an absolutley amazing player, and Barca would be lucky to have him. I don't understand why everyone is hating on him. Are they affraid because they see that he has the potential to be a TRUE GENUINE challenger to Messi for the Ballon D'Or?????

why wouldn't you want a player that good in the team?

Superfly

Banned
you mean gayman.

Neymar-1.jpg

impeh

Hi, its me..
im all for the signing, but can he handle being second fiddle to messi? .. at first, sure.. but in a few years? i dunno.

I dont think he'll come this year anyways, we'll have players back from injury and more than enough options up front. Plus -it seems increasingly likely- that pep will leave next season, then the new manager may not want him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans