Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reasonus

Yeah, we need him as soon as possible, because Messi, Sanchez, Villa, Afellay, Tello, Cuenca and Pedro isn't nearly enough depth up front, and it's not like Neymar is a ball dominant player that the team would have to adjust to. Argentina has showed us that playing as many ball hogs up front as possible is a great success.

Maybe we should sell our entire defense while we are at it, because as a philosopher once said, defenders have no value.

Defense is the priority. We are badly in need of a CB and now with Abidal out, an LB too. But your argument against signing Neymar isn't quite spot on. Quality over quantity. We can't know how Afellay and an aging Villa will perform. Pedro's been poor for a year. Tello and Cuenca are promising but they are not at a level yet to bank on them and Neymar is easily better than both. We don't need him as soon as possible, but having him wouldn't hurt.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Yeah, we need him as soon as possible, because Messi, Sanchez, Villa, Afellay, Tello, Cuenca and Pedro isn't nearly enough depth up front, and it's not like Neymar is a ball dominant player that the team would have to adjust to. Argentina has showed us that playing as many ball hogs up front as possible is a great success.

Maybe we should sell our entire defense while we are at it, because as a philosopher once said, defenders have no value.

+1000

he really is needed for Barca's depth, just like Fabregas.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
second best player right now no doubt about that
oh that avatar!!

notwV.gif

F

Frejsgodes

Still see him as a rich man's Bendtner, but quite frankly I'd would rather have the Dane. He'll probably come cheaper and has already proved his worth in Europe and that he can score at the Camp Nou.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned

Afellay: Not good enough for Barca B. Honestly.

Cuenca: Will he ever be good enough to be a Barca starter? 99.99% no.

Pedro: How many goals and assists this season? Oh yeah, statistics are not everything. Are you then happy with him this season? Because I sure as hell am not.

Post-injury Villa: How old will he be next season? Wasn't he being used mostly as a sub by Pep even before his injury? Ever tried to contemplate the mere possibility that his serious injury will have a lasting impact?

Tello: Some excellent cameos this season. But that's it. If you were FCB manager, would you consider going through the 2012/13 season with Tello as a starter? You may not have much sense, but you sure as hell have faith.

Alexis: I like him a lot (as I do Villa and Tello) but his injuries have broken his rhythm this season, we are still in the dark as to how fundamental he can ever be for us.

Twisting other people's words on a football forum is not a serious crime, but the degree to which you have perverted the point I was making back then is beyond vulgar.

And who ever said that a potential Neymar arrival automatically forbids the signing of any defenders? I am not aware of such a rule.

And if Neymar is a "ball dominant player" what is the problem exactly if he can at least beat his markers, unlike Pedro and Villa who lose out every single time?

Last edited:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
If Pep wanted Neymar for this summer, he wouldn't spend big on Alexis or Cesc last year.
This year it will be a defender. and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans