Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Centre backs that are out there that I believe are Barca quality and that are attainable are:-

Hummels, Subotic, Sakho, Kompany could be targetted. I mean I'd seriously consider offering in part exchange some players like Thiago, Afellay and Adriano in part exchange for Kompany. Or just spend £20m on Hummels and have a world class centre back for the next 10 years and if Pique can get his mojo back then you'd have a brilliant central defensive partnership. Or even, you know, exchange Pique for Kompany and you'd the definitely have the best central defence in the world with Hummels, Kompany and Puyol.

Plus whilst Mascherano is a totally awesome player at centre back, he is a BEAST, in his proper and correct position of defensive midfield and rotate between JM and Busquets in that role and thus keeping both of them more fresh throughout the season. Which means the likes of Xavi can have a rest now and again and you can play both JM and Busquets in midfield.

Because no top class defensive reinforcements means not only lapses in defence but it also means the likes of Xavi gets more tired and less rest.

It's not hard to figure out that you need Xavi fit and fresh, which in turns means playing and rotating JM and Busquets in midfield, which in turn means you need to buy defenders.

But hey I am not a Barca supporter, thus feel no emotional attachment, thus I don't see the need for "adding to the Magic" or spending £50m on Neymar when you have Villa, Pedro, Alexis and Cesc who can all play in the roles to support Messi.

Mascherano is not playing DM for Barcelona ever again. He might be an awesome DM for conventional teams but Mascherano cannot duplicate what Busi does so he'd hinder the play more than he gives to it.

S

suhailqwe

We are interested but i don't think it will happen if it is going to happen then it will be after the world cup.

Armando929

If Neymar comes(Big if), its likely it would be 2013. Maybe even 2014, after the World Cup when Santos can take full advantage and jack up his price to 60 million or something.

Z

ZiZu

Graham Hunter said on TalkSport that he thought Neymar would join us this summer but only AFTER he'd competed in the Olympics with Brasil .

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
There are chances of some big names arriving this summer but there is also a chance where Pep believes this team and brings in more young players either way i am happy but we'd be better with atleast a defender and for Neymar if he is ready to leave then i am sure we will try to get him but i believe he will not leave until the world cup.

Z

ZiZu

i hope so!

if we can sign Neymar, Hummels & Alba this summer we'll be sorted.

Neymar , Martinez , Alba plus David Luiz will do me !

I've lost faith in Puyol after he gifted Madrid that opening goal , trying to 'shield' the ball on the goal line instead of clearing it !!
Keita and Adriano look as though they're going to leave .

Abidal needs to be replaced ..

Maybe Villa and Afellay will be replaced .....and I've seen suggestions that Tello may be loaned out to gain more experience .
Xavi looks as though he will have to play fewer games next year as well .

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Neymar , Martinez , Alba plus David Luiz will do me !

I've lost faith in Puyol after he gifted Madrid that opening goal , trying to 'shield' the ball on the goal line instead of clearing it !!
Keita and Adriano look as though they're going to leave .

Abidal needs to be replaced ..

Maybe Villa and Afellay will be replaced .....and I've seen suggestions that Tello may be loaned out to gain more experience .
Xavi looks as though he will have to play fewer games next year as well .
True but Puyol don't doubt him and even if we buy all these players you have mentioned then does that mean one mistake and you loose confidence in them Puyol is a legend and in recent weeks he has done very well even though it has not been recognized.
Tello being loaned might be a good idea but we need to find a team who play the Barca way.
Abidal i agree he is regularly injured we need a LB but if he is fit he is immense.
Keita and Adriano can stay but not to be given regular chances if they stay they will give depth to the team.

What do you think of Valdez Barca fans look mixed about him and i am not sure.

Richard.H

Guys, Neymar does not complement Messi at all... You can't have two complete superstars on one team. That completely kills the balance of the team because both players will want to have possession at all times. Unless Neymar somehow gets convinced that he will always be under the spotlight of Messi, then he will never come here. Neymar's piss poor Brazilian league is also no comparison to any of the European leagues. No one really knows how he will develop in Europe...

Chainsaw

Killahead
Guys, Neymar does not complement Messi at all... You can't have two complete superstars on one team. That completely kills the balance of the team because both players will want to have possession at all times. Unless Neymar somehow gets convinced that he will always be under the spotlight of Messi, then he will never come here. Neymar's piss poor Brazilian league is also no comparison to any of the European leagues. No one really knows how he will develop in Europe...

Neymar is not as much of a superstar as you say. He's just at the spotlights now as one of the most overhyped young talents in the world. Actually Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Pique and Villa are more of a superstar than Neymar and they are all playing in the same team. They're just diciplined and respect the club and the coach's rules.

And Messi doesn't need to be complemented. Barca just needs a proper striker who can finish off the chances and doesn't look clueless when the crucial times arrive. Villa can do it when he gets back but there'll be still a big question mark infront of Alexis, Cuenca and Tello since they are still young and needs to improve on many aspects, and also Pedro who is still struggling with the form.

ivan22

let's assume pedro and villa will fully recover and be back at their full strenght. Where should neymar play?

We'd have an attacking line of: Messi, Alexis, Villa, Pedro which all are worldclass strikers. Then theres Afellay, Cuenca and Tello as 'subs'. Tell me where Neymar should play? Maybe in 2013/14, but not next season.

XaviFCB

Neymar is not as much of a superstar as you say. He's just at the spotlights now as one of the most overhyped young talents in the world. Actually Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Pique and Villa are more of a superstar than Neymar and they are all playing in the same team. They're just diciplined and respect the club and the coach's rules.

And Messi doesn't need to be complemented. Barca just needs a proper striker who can finish off the chances and doesn't look clueless when the crucial times arrive. Villa can do it when he gets back but there'll be still a big question mark infront of Alexis, Cuenca and Tello since they are still young and needs to improve on many aspects, and also Pedro who is still struggling with the form.

what do you suggest then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans