Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barcelonista

He's as prolific as Robinho was in his 3 years at Santos. Just saying. :pep:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
doesn't matter.

Pep's not around to stand in Rosell's way, so this shit is goin' down.

Villa out, Alexis to #7, Thiago to #4, Llorente in with #9, Neymar in with #11.

it's happening, folks.

no more money for us.
true. I don't care about Neymar as long as we don't have mid fielders knocking us out of competitions

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

If he comes, he'd better learn how to run at defenders without running into them all the time. He is intelligent, so he'd better come up with a solution, like trusting his teammates to pass the ball back to him during a run instead of trying to beat every player 1 v 1. He is going to run himself into the ground if he keeps up those shenanigans.

He is a huge talent, but so many "ifs" surrounding his mental stability, I don't know if it's worth it. We do need support up front, that much is clear, especially if Villa doesn't jump right in scoring tons of goals.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'm gonna throw up on you.

hey I'm just the messenger.

but I understand.

go ahead.

If he comes, he'd better learn how to run at defenders without running into them all the time. He is intelligent, so he'd better come up with a solution, like trusting his teammates to pass the ball back to him during a run instead of trying to beat every player 1 v 1. He is going to run himself into the ground if he keeps up those shenanigans.

He is a huge talent, but so many "ifs" surrounding his mental stability, I don't know if it's worth it. We do need support up front, that much is clear, especially if Villa doesn't jump right in scoring tons of goals.

yeah he definitely needs to pick up 1-2's quick-fast.

gingerless

that video.... seriously if he comes to europe with that ultra cocky bullshit he pulls against defenders he's gonna be sent home crying to his mother (who probably hates him). lovely skills but it's not very convincing when he's playing defenders like that in an open brazillian league. show me a world class performance against a top european team and then maybe we can talk

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I know he isn't too popular yet among cules but I sincerely believe he's the best brazilian talent that will come along for years, and frankly i wanna see what he can do alongside the best player in the world. I dream of this. I don't sympathize that he's another Robinho, if you just watch Neymar you instantly see that the step over machine that Robinho is could never possess that incredible innate Brazilian flair, coolness when taking on defenders, and just raw dribbling skills. His joga bonito is contagious, his finishing is quite good especially for his age, and a signing like this could boost our firepower right where we need it to take a lot of pressure off Messi's shoulder which he desperately needs.

Also, despite his poor performance against us last year, what I noticed about him after the match that stuck was that he couldn't hide that fact that he was genuinely disappointed, and angry about his performance and simply losing. I like that, it shows he's committed and he cares, that he does have some character and competitiveness. I could be wrong, I mean he obviously has a lot to mature in aka everything left to prove, but I do like the prospects of this kid.

Last edited:

caseballs89

The fact that there is so many questions surrounding a player should be enough to tell you that you shouldn't be spending 40-60 million on him.

Sent from the future on my Galaxy S5

B

barcelonista

He has 200 million a.k.a. the most football crazy nation in the world and a lot of politics behind his back who want him to be "better than Messi" and "the next Pelé". The fact that it's by chance the footballing rival nation of Messi's nation makes it even worse. He will never accept the fact that this team is built around Messi. He will try to play for his own glory. At some point he will. It's inevitable. Even if he wasn't a cocky and arrogant bastard himself, the politics behind him will influence him. Pelé will give interviews every week how Neymar was the better performer on the pitch and not Messi and so on. It will divide the fans as well and cause a lot of turmoil. Imagine Messi and Neymar fighting for 1. and 2. spot for the Ballon d'or. This won't end as well as Xavi and Iniesta competing for it, being homegrown and genuinly humble guys who care for the club and not their own glory. If there is a CL final on stake and there is the option to pass the ball to someone better placed or go for his own glory: this is the type of player which will prefer the latter.

Would I be excited if he signed for us? Damn, I would. But it's a classic case of: "Heart says yes, brain says no." I'd rather prefer him to stay at Santos until 2014, flop with the Brazilian national team in his own country and then go on to Real Madrid to officially fulfil his destiny as the next stepover artist who succeeds Cristiano Ronaldo when Cristiano hits his 30s and starts to decline.

Yugi

He has 200 million a.k.a. the most football crazy nation in the world and a lot of politics behind his back who want him to be "better than Messi" and "the next Pelé". The fact that it's by chance the footballing rival nation of Messi's nation makes it even worse. He will never accept the fact that this team is built around Messi. He will try to play for his own glory. At some point he will. It's inevitable. Even if he wasn't a cocky and arrogant bastard himself, the politics behind him will influence him. Pelé will give interviews every week how Neymar was the better performer on the pitch and not Messi and so on. It will divide the fans as well and cause a lot of turmoil. Imagine Messi and Neymar fighting for 1. and 2. spot for the Ballon d'or. This won't end as well as Xavi and Iniesta competing for it, being homegrown and genuinly humble guys who care for the club and not their own glory. If there is a CL final on stake and there is the option to pass the ball to someone better placed or go for his own glory: this is the type of player which will prefer the latter.

Would I be excited if he signed for us? Damn, I would. But it's a classic case of: "Heart says yes, brain says no." I'd rather prefer him to stay at Santos until 2014, flop with the Brazilian national team in his own country and then go on to Real Madrid to officially fulfil his destiny as the next stepover artist who succeeds Cristiano Ronaldo when Cristiano hits his 30s and starts to decline.

best post on this forum

Caramel

Barca is fucked if they bring in Neymar. That guy is : problems.
And LOL at selling Villa.You never learn,do you?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism

+1000

Maria

Neymar is very mature on the ball for his age, his decision making is pretty good as well and his vision/passing is excellent. He makes runs and doesn't pass at times the same way Messi does...why? Because he's good enough to be able to do it.

I'm confused..so Messi is not good enough to be able to do it because he sometimes pass the ball to his teammates ? :icon_neutral:

Superfly

Banned

It's easy to show one or 2 nice plays of him, but it's better seeing all he does in the game so we have a better idea

:lol: @ 1:58....what an arrogant dick, that defender should have beat the **** out of him when he did that.

and look at 5:03.."oh, a fullbacks making an overlap run and is wide open? nah, fuck it, i'll take it by myself and hope for the best!".

karthik

I will not write him away without knowing much about him, apart from watching few videos. But the prize that has been quoted, rumoured, is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans