Kerrybai

No way... Why would people do that? :lol:

Won't ever happen...

Right?

Oh, dear...

tumblr_m2nekv2Cdm1qaxtuw.jpg

:lol:

heaver

to the guy that asked if santos got special treatment and if they were a barca/rm type of team in brazil...
well the answer is..NO!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Campeonato_Brasileiro_Série_A

last year santos finished in 10th place out of 20 teams. got beaten all the time by much stronger teams, like corinthians for example.
Check the past winners of the brazilian league, there are some 12 strong contenders for the title each year, the rest no so much, but even these teams can EASILY beat the top teams any day, they just don't have the same stability, regularity, as good of a bench, etc..

To all the people that say stuff about the Santos x Barca game... It was a game between the best team in the world and the 10th best team in Brazil. Do you see now how stupid of a comparison is that? The whole barcelona team is good. In Santos you have ganso and neymar that are both fenomenal, 2 of the best players in the world, but how about the rest of the team? the rest of the team sucks, is a joke, reason why they got 10th place in the brazilian league, a league of regularity in which 38 games are played. The results talk for themselves.

hellsangel1

Well if Santos finished 10th in the Brazilian League that gives you an idea of how the shitty the Club World Championship is. I think travelling to far away places to play meaningless games is one of the reasons why teams have difficulty retaining the Champions League.

Pep should have done a better job of prioritising La liga at the expense of the minor tournaments. I don't understand why we had to play a full-strength squad at the Nou Camp against Hospitalet. That was a game which resulted in the injury to Andres Iniesta.

DucdeOrléans

rl95jt.jpg

Neymar is without doubt the most promising attacking talent right now.

Thankfully Rosell has him under control. A move next summer or in 2014 looks very possible.

Maria

Pep should have done a better job of prioritising La liga at the expense of the minor tournaments. I don't understand why we had to play a full-strength squad at the Nou Camp against Hospitalet. That was a game which resulted in the injury to Andres Iniesta.

you say that because we know Iniesta is not prone at injuries at all and that particular injury kept him out of important games this season, don't you?

Kerrybai

rl95jt.jpg

Neymar is without doubt the most promising attacking talent right now.

Thankfully Rosell has him under control. A move next summer or in 2014 looks very possible.

Could 2014 be too late? We will surely buy a striker this summer so then where will he fit in? I hope we get him but I fear a lack of room in the squad for him by 2014. The again Villa could be sold around 2014.

mixer

In Santos you have ganso and neymar that are both fenomenal, 2 of the best players in the world

Neymar? Maybe. But Ganso? Don't think so. He has at least (in 27 games) 3 goals and 4 assists in shitty Brazilian league. Is that a result for a one of the best players in the world? No.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Could 2014 be too late? We will surely buy a striker this summer so then where will he fit in? I hope we get him but I fear a lack of room in the squad for him by 2014. The again Villa could be sold around 2014.
Even though i agree he could become a great player for us i just don't fancy him.I feel he will never agree to be under the shadow of Messi.

joffess

He has 200 million a.k.a. the most football crazy nation in the world and a lot of politics behind his back who want him to be "better than Messi" and "the next Pelé". The fact that it's by chance the footballing rival nation of Messi's nation makes it even worse. He will never accept the fact that this team is built around Messi. He will try to play for his own glory. At some point he will. It's inevitable. Even if he wasn't a cocky and arrogant bastard himself, the politics behind him will influence him. Pelé will give interviews every week how Neymar was the better performer on the pitch and not Messi and so on. It will divide the fans as well and cause a lot of turmoil. Imagine Messi and Neymar fighting for 1. and 2. spot for the Ballon d'or. This won't end as well as Xavi and Iniesta competing for it, being homegrown and genuinly humble guys who care for the club and not their own glory. If there is a CL final on stake and there is the option to pass the ball to someone better placed or go for his own glory: this is the type of player which will prefer the latter.

Would I be excited if he signed for us? Damn, I would. But it's a classic case of: "Heart says yes, brain says no." I'd rather prefer him to stay at Santos until 2014, flop with the Brazilian national team in his own country and then go on to Real Madrid to officially fulfil his destiny as the next stepover artist who succeeds Cristiano Ronaldo when Cristiano hits his 30s and starts to decline.

5 star post!

I really love how people here are talking about Neymar as some kind of savior, has he ever proven him self in any big games? Has he played in a good league? Why are every one so sure that he will be the next best thing? First you want to sell Villa, Valdes etc. and now you want to buy an unproven player for 40-60m when we need a defender badly?

One season that doesn't end in a treble isn't a disaster.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Please sign and spend £50m+ on Neymar as it will be hilarious stuff. Brazil's Numero Uno and Argentina's Numero Uno in one team will never ever work :lol:

Or because Barca are God's gift to football and the only club capable of nurturing talent, that Santos will forego any such huge fee and let him go for a nominal amount. FOR THE GOOD OF FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DucdeOrléans

Please sign and spend £50m+ on Neymar as it will be hilarious stuff. Brazil's Numero Uno and Argentina's Numero Uno in one team will never ever work :lol:

Or because Barca are God's gift to football and the only club capable of nurturing talent, that Santos will forego any such huge fee and let him go for a nominal amount. FOR THE GOOD OF FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are just envious because Liverpool and King Kenny would never be able to convince Neymar of moving to England and Liverpool in this case.:pep:

Thankfully there is always a certain Andrew Carroll we can buy! He is English so he won't be fooling around as Neymar and make unnecessary step-overs! I also heard he is very good in the air. (after all we lack a "plan b")

What more can you wish from a player?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
You are just envious because Liverpool and King Kenny would never be able to convince Neymar of moving to England and Liverpool in this case.:pep:

Thankfully there is always a certain Andrew Carroll we can buy! He is English so he won't be fooling around as Neymar and make unnecessary step-overs! I also heard he is very good in the air. (after all we lack a "plan b")

Neymar wouldn't be able to handle a cold, wet and windy night at the Britannia. So no. Plus Carroll has fantastic hair. What more could you want.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Don't forget, he's english, so, unlike Neymar, he doesn't dive, like EVER!

Oh wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans