Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthik

He's a very young player. Its not going to be comfortable for him in Europe as it is at his home, in Brazil, right now, mainly due to new environment, massive expectations, the physical game, tougher training sessions, hard restrictions in food, drinks, habits and most importantly far away from his home. Mere footballing skills will not help him when he comes to europe

Two mediocre seasons in Europe for a big team will reduce his stock and he would be brandished a failure, moving to a mediocre european club or back to Brazil. He should stay in Brazil for two more years and then consider a possible move to Europe.

Last edited:

jamrock

I have seen him play a number of times, and he is no where near messi's level. he is a typical brazilian does nothing for most of the game then pops up with a moment of magic. potential is huge though

Maria

no i'm not. That's my honest opinion, I'm sorry you don't like it and think it is attention seeking.

for me he's better than Messi, has much more skill in his game than Messi, on top of doing everything else that Messi does. Shame it will take him having to play in Europe for provincial people to even see why people are claiming he'll be better than Messi or at least his closest challenger.

A few weeks ago you were saying that Messi is the best..what happend since then that changed your mind? And who are these people that are claiming that Neymar will be better then Messi? All I've seen these days is that Cristiano is the best again.

When he comes over here, and especially if he plays in this Barca team, he will tear up la liga, UCL everything.

At which Barca team to you reffer too? To the one, that if it weren't for Messi's goals, would have finished below Valencia, uncapable of beating Levante or Racing?

as someone said before in Messi thread, there is more to saying a player is the best than just goals and referencing Mario Gomez as an example. I'm doing the same with Neymar. The kid is like a cross between Ronaldinho/Messi/Penaltiano. He's gonna be amazing.

Wow..Watch out Pele!!!

P

PhilS

Once he shakes off all that unnecessary trickery in Europe he will be even better. His passing and finishing is already insane, so it can only improve with streamlined approach to his skills.

The guy has fun on the field, lots of joy in his game. I doubt either his trickery or his aggressiveness will decrease, that is Neymar. We'll have to see how this skinny guy holds up, one way he is like Messi is defenders kick him and knock him down all the time. If Messi and Neymar are ever on the same team, we'll see lots of defenders going Pepe out there.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

A few weeks ago you were saying that Messi is the best..what happend since then that changed your mind? And who are these people that are claiming that Neymar will be better then Messi? All I've seen these days is that Cristiano is the best again.

At which Barca team to you reffer too? To the one, that if it weren't for Messi's goals, would have finished below Valencia, uncapable of beating Levante or Racing?

Wow..Watch out Pele!!!

what changed?

me being honest with myself &

watching a shed load of Neymar videos these past few weeks, and me insecurely keeping on telling myself 'he's not better than Messi' with what I can only describe as a feeling of fear the more and more I watched of him and remembering he is only 20.

Pele had best watch out indeed!

I'll stand my words. You can all use it as stick to beat me with if he comes over here and fails.

Maria

You can all use it as stick to beat me with if he comes over here and fails.

A lot of things can happend until then..he certainly has the talent to do everything you say, but that won't be enough at Barca.

You didn't answered me at this question though:
You think that if it would have been Neymar instead of Messi this season(and Leo at RM), we would have won the league and/or CL? Or when you were reffering to "this Barca team", you were thinking at Messi as a part of it too?

Hatem Ben Arfa

A lot of things can happend until then..he certainly has the talent to do everything you say, but that won't be enough at Barca.

You didn't answered me at this question though:

You think that if it would have been Neymar instead of Messi this season(and Leo at RM), we would have won the league and/or CL? Or when you were reffering to "this Barca team", you were thinking at Messi as a part of it too?

someone had to be assisting his 62 of his 72 goals from open play, so yes. In this Barca team, I'm confident he would tear it all up and be well on his way to Ballon D'Or status.

Maria

someone had to be assisting his 62 of his 72 goals from open play, so yes. In this Barca team, I'm confident he would tear it all up and be well on his way to Ballon D'Or status.

Messi & Cronaldo La Liga 2011-2012

Goals:

Messi 50 (10 penalty)
Cronaldo 46 (12 penalty)

Accuracy:

Messi 5.5 shots/ goal
Cronaldo 6.9 shots/ goal

Individuality of goals:

Messi, 22/50 or 44% were directly assisted (no involvement in buildup play)
Cronaldo, 35/46 or 80% were directly assisted (no involvement in buildup play)

Assists:

Messi 20
Cronaldo 12

Creativity:

Messi 56 throughballs, 92 key passes (resulting in a shot)
Cronaldo 19 throughballs, 60 key passes (resulting in a shot)

Build up play:

Messi 176 dribbless
Cronaldo 73 dribbless

Hatem Ben Arfa

Messi & Cronaldo La Liga 2011-2012

Goals:

Messi 50 (10 penalty)
Cronaldo 46 (12 penalty)

Accuracy:

Messi 5.5 shots/ goal
Cronaldo 6.9 shots/ goal

Individuality of goals:

Messi, 22/50 or 44% were directly assisted (no involvement in buildup play)
Cronaldo, 35/46 or 80% were directly assisted (no involvement in buildup play)

Assists:

Messi 20
Cronaldo 12

Creativity:

Messi 56 throughballs, 92 key passes (resulting in a shot)
Cronaldo 19 throughballs, 60 key passes (resulting in a shot)

Build up play:

Messi 176 dribbless
Cronaldo 73 dribbless

so, we all know Neymar is more than capable of scoring individual goals. the other 27 so called individual goals are not Messi running past everyone. maybe he dropped a shoulder and beat 1 man maybe 2 or maybe they were deflected passes which don't count as direct assists.

Neymar would tear up La Liga, UCL in this Barca team.

SoMa

what changed?

me being honest with myself &

watching a shed load of Neymar videos these past few weeks, and me insecurely keeping on telling myself 'he's not better than Messi' with what I can only describe as a feeling of fear the more and more I watched of him and remembering he is only 20.

Pele had best watch out indeed!

I'll stand my words. You can all use it as stick to beat me with if he comes over here and fails.
stop watching youtube videos and stat watching games.

Neymar is in my opinion the best young player in the world, but not even a top 10 player overall.

I actually do watch la copa libertadores though, not youtube highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans