Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
this kid has "Denilson" written all over him, at best he's a "Robinho" and that ain't a compliment.

a few pages back someone made an excellent point about the great Brazillians being bled in to Europe by going to relatively smaller teams before making it big. I'm sorry I didn't quote your post to give you recognition, but it was a great point.

Romario: Vasco --> PSV --> Barcelona
Ronaldo: Cruzerio --> PSV --> Barcelona
Rivaldo: Palmeiras --> Super Depor --> Barcelona
Cafu: Sao Paolo --> Zaragoza --> Roma --> Milan
Deco: Corinthians --> Benfica --> Porto --> Barcelona
Dani Alves --> Bahia --> Sevilla --> Barcelona

the three that I can remember who did succeed going straight from Brasil to a big club are

Kaka --> Sao Paolo --> Milano: financially stable, hard working family, and nothing like Neymar
Gilberto Silva --> Minero --> Arsenal: poor black kid who worked a bunch of jobs while playing football before getting a contract at Minero, and nothing like Neymar
Roberto Carlos --> Palmeiras --> Inter --> Real Madrid: poor black kid who helped his parents on a farm or something like that, until he made it big at Palmeiras, and nothing like Neymar

what do Kaka and Gilberto and Roberto Carlos have in common ... they are humble and hardworking. There is nothing about Neymar that screams "humble" and "hardworking". And this is my biggest issue with people who say that Neymar "needs" to come to Barcelona. No. He doesn't. There is nothing at the current ethos of this club that screams "prima-donas" and "FC Barcelona" ... when Pep took over who did he get rid of? the prima-donnas. Deco. Ronaldinho. tried to get rid of Eto'o but no one wanted him. flipped him for Zlatan, who didn't buy in to the club's culture, and shipped his ass out. Villa on the other hand? like a glove. Thierry acting up vs Arsenal? ship his ass out. Sex? Yes please. Yaya Toure's agent making noise about a contract increase? GTFO. Abidal? Adriano? Keita? Badger? Pinto? hell even Maxwell. What about Sylvinho? Even Dani Alves has had to curb his enthusiasm. see a pattern here? This is organizational culture 101.

and even after I just typed all of that, I've resigned myself to him coming to Barcelona just like I had to resign myself to Cesc coming last year (but at least you knew Cesc was going to mesh with the club/team ethos perfectly). I just hope this kid isn't what he's portrayed as in the media. I hope he's hardworking. I hope he's willing to take instructions from Tito to make his game better. I hope his entourage isn't filling his head with the delusion that he's "better than Messi, why doesn't Tito build the team around you" or that Sandro doesn't pull a Laporta and support Neymar like Laporta defended Ronaldinho and effectively cut Tito's legs out from under him like Frank's legs got cut out from under him. I really really REALLY hope that he's smart enough to realise what an opportunity he's getting to play football for a top club in Europe without "paynig his dues" like his predecessors had to.

/rant

Hatem Ben Arfa

There people from all different types of backgrounds and they are hard working.

Neymar is only 20, I'm sure he has a lot left to learn.

you don't have to be humble to be successful you know. Cristiano Ronaldo and Henry are perfect examples.

This 'paying your dues' is a useless concept for me. If you are good enough, you are good enough.

Last edited:

Robbie

Henry failed at Juventus and reinvented himself as a striker under Wenger. C-Ronaldo became a monster of an athlete and matured under Alex Ferguson. Neither of them had an entire country worshipping them and being proclaimed as the best in the world when they were teenagers.

Neymar is in for the shock of his life when he leaves Brazil. With his massive price tag will come massive expectations, and every slip-up will be front page news for Marca or Sport.es. Ronaldo and Messi were able to make their mistakes and learn from them. Neymar won't get that chance.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

Henry failed at Juventus and reinvented himself as a striker under Wenger. C-Ronaldo became a monster of an athlete and matured under Alex Ferguson. Neither of them had an entire country worshipping them and being proclaimed as the best in the world when they were teenagers.

Neymar is in for the shock of his life when he leaves Brazil. With his massive price tag will come massive expectations, and every slip-up will be front page news for Marca or Sport.es. Ronaldo and Messi were able to make their mistakes and learn from them. Neymar won't get that chance.

we will see

Hatem Ben Arfa

You are basing your opinions just on youtube, Robbie is right very few players even make half decent careers after having so much hype.

no not just youtube. I watch him play full matches too.

like I said, mark my words. if he comes here and fails, please do remind me of all that i have said about him.

He will be a success over here in Europe and a future Ballon D'Or winner.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
this kid has "Denilson" written all over him, at best he's a "Robinho" and that ain't a compliment.

a few pages back someone made an excellent point about the great Brazillians being bled in to Europe by going to relatively smaller teams before making it big. I'm sorry I didn't quote your post to give you recognition, but it was a great point.

Romario: Vasco --> PSV --> Barcelona
Ronaldo: Cruzerio --> PSV --> Barcelona
Rivaldo: Palmeiras --> Super Depor --> Barcelona
Cafu: Sao Paolo --> Zaragoza --> Roma --> Milan
Deco: Corinthians --> Benfica --> Porto --> Barcelona
Dani Alves --> Bahia --> Sevilla --> Barcelona

the three that I can remember who did succeed going straight from Brasil to a big club are

Kaka --> Sao Paolo --> Milano: financially stable, hard working family, and nothing like Neymar
Gilberto Silva --> Minero --> Arsenal: poor black kid who worked a bunch of jobs while playing football before getting a contract at Minero, and nothing like Neymar
Roberto Carlos --> Palmeiras --> Inter --> Real Madrid: poor black kid who helped his parents on a farm or something like that, until he made it big at Palmeiras, and nothing like Neymar

what do Kaka and Gilberto and Roberto Carlos have in common ... they are humble and hardworking. There is nothing about Neymar that screams "humble" and "hardworking". And this is my biggest issue with people who say that Neymar "needs" to come to Barcelona. No. He doesn't. There is nothing at the current ethos of this club that screams "prima-donas" and "FC Barcelona" ... when Pep took over who did he get rid of? the prima-donnas. Deco. Ronaldinho. tried to get rid of Eto'o but no one wanted him. flipped him for Zlatan, who didn't buy in to the club's culture, and shipped his ass out. Villa on the other hand? like a glove. Thierry acting up vs Arsenal? ship his ass out. Sex? Yes please. Yaya Toure's agent making noise about a contract increase? GTFO. Abidal? Adriano? Keita? Badger? Pinto? hell even Maxwell. What about Sylvinho? Even Dani Alves has had to curb his enthusiasm. see a pattern here? This is organizational culture 101.

and even after I just typed all of that, I've resigned myself to him coming to Barcelona just like I had to resign myself to Cesc coming last year (but at least you knew Cesc was going to mesh with the club/team ethos perfectly). I just hope this kid isn't what he's portrayed as in the media. I hope he's hardworking. I hope he's willing to take instructions from Tito to make his game better. I hope his entourage isn't filling his head with the delusion that he's "better than Messi, why doesn't Tito build the team around you" or that Sandro doesn't pull a Laporta and support Neymar like Laporta defended Ronaldinho and effectively cut Tito's legs out from under him like Frank's legs got cut out from under him. I really really REALLY hope that he's smart enough to realise what an opportunity he's getting to play football for a top club in Europe without "paynig his dues" like his predecessors had to.

/rant

great post. I don't fully agree with all the points about Neymar (aside from being a massive floppy-haired douche on the pitch we've seen no evidence that he isn't a hardworking pro and it's clear from what he says that he idolises Messi and doesn't buy into Pele's bullshit) but that is an argument well made.

like you say, though, he is coming. Rosell has a full-on chubby for him, so it's just a matter of when.

haveta hope he can stay buckled down.

I think keeping Dani is a must for that. he's friends with Neymar and will help tremendously to get him to buy into our ethos. Thiago and Adriano as well.

I kind of hope it happens this summer just to get it over with.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
great post. I don't fully agree with all the points about Neymar (aside from being a massive floppy-haired douche on the pitch we've seen no evidence that he isn't a hardworking pro and it's clear from what he says that he idolises Messi and doesn't buy into Pele's bullshit) but that is an argument well made.

like you say, though, he is coming. Rosell has a full-on chubby for him, so it's just a matter of when.

haveta hope he can stay buckled down.

I think keeping Dani is a must for that. he's friends with Neymar and will help tremendously to get him to buy into our ethos. Thiago and Adriano as well.

I kind of hope it happens this summer just to get it over with.
Yeah i guess he will join eventually,so better start to get on with him than to keep questioning whether he will live up to the hype,i always liked him but my question was his attitude and will he be able to play for the team,i still don't believe that he will specially for us.

Androutsos

I haven't been one to buy into the hype, but I do see him as one of the only strikers in the world that could actually fit onto the wing at Barca.

Doobs

The Messiah
no not just youtube. I watch him play full matches too.

like I said, mark my words. if he comes here and fails, please do remind me of all that i have said about him.

He will be a success over here in Europe and a future Ballon D'Or winner.

Oh we'll remind you for sure

Armando929

He wont come this summer. Too expensive and not what we need at the moment. We need a center back and a left back. Those are the priorities.

Neymar may very well end up at Barcelona, but its not his time. He's not ready yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans