Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

But wasn't he making his presence known? Wasn't he doing what he was supposed to and doing it well? Against this Barca?

Im not saying Wilshere is better footballer than Neymar, Im telling you that a player around the age of Neymar has the ability to make an Impact against this Barca. You getting my flow?

Wilshere was playing at home in a far stronger team that Neymars Santos. He was in midfield where he was always near the ball and could make an impact.

Put any forward in the Santos team against Barcelona and they would have had little chance to do anything.

Y

Doobs

The Messiah
Wilshere was playing at home in a far stronger team that Neymars Santos. He was in midfield where he was always near the ball and could make an impact.

Put any forward in the Santos team against Barcelona and they would have had little chance to do anything.

Y

You don't seem to understand, all im trying to say is that if Neymar was as good as you think he is he would have made a bigger IMPACT, in short he would've taken his chances and basically done a lot more with the ball.

Hatem Ben Arfa

But wasn't he making his presence known? Wasn't he doing what he was supposed to and doing it well? Against this Barca?

Im not saying Wilshere is better footballer than Neymar, Im telling you that a player around the age of Neymar has the ability to make an Impact against this Barca. You getting my flow?

I never denied that a player of that age has the ability to make an impact against Barca.

what I am arguing against is your very basic logic that he didn't make an impact on his own idividually against a PEP GUARDIOLA'S BARCELONA PLAYING NEAR THEIR PEAK IN A FINAL meaning he is no good and all hype, as if the rest of his teammates failing to keep possession and even pass the ball to him had no effect at all.

Football is a team game. Not just about the individual. No matter how brilliant the individual is, they rely heavily on their teammates to play well. Look at Messi for Argentina: you have people saying he can't be considered a great until he performs well with Argentina as if the rest of his teammates sucking for Argentina makes no difference to him performing well and making an impact.

People who like to say Maradona played in a poor Argentina side and dragged them to the '86 World Cup title perpetuate a fallacy in part. That Argentina side was not poor. Valdano was not poor, Burruchaga was not poor, Brown was not poor, Pasculi was not poor and Ruggeri certainly was not poor.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Watch him and look at his goal record and you can easily see how much better he is than Tevez at the same age. Anyway that is not the point, i was asking what more he could do to convince people of his ability.

What would you like to see him do Razor?

I wasn't going to say Tevez was better than Neymar or vice versa. The Tevez example was there to say that talking about Neymar being the South America player of the year and Copa Libertadores winner at the age of 19 to justify all the hypes around him about being the brightest talent in the world, the next big thing, and the the future player of the year is nothing but putting more hypes around an already overhyped player.

I usually don't care about any Brazilian player unless they are a part of my fav clubs. So I don't care what he does or does not. He's not in my wish list and I consider him way overrated. Time will tell us more.

F

Flavia

You don't seem to understand, all im trying to say is that if Neymar was as good as you think he is he would have made a bigger IMPACT, in short he would've taken his chances and basically done a lot more with the ball.
Except he didn't have the ball to begin with.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Everyone misses chances and you have got to agree that he is a great talent but the question is how he deals with pressure and plays alongside players who are better than him,i like him for what he does on the pitch but just feel it is a risk we cannot take.

Kerrybai

The current Brazil team is poor compared with previous generations and with a world cup on the horizon the hopes of the nation are put on Neymars shoulders. No doubt he will be a very good player in Europe but I dont think ive ever seen a player hyped up this much. That sort of pressure can not be good.

Doobs

The Messiah
I never denied that a player of that age has the ability to make an impact against Barca.

what I am arguing against is your very basic logic that he didn't make an impact on his own idividually against a PEP GUARDIOLA'S BARCELONA PLAYING NEAR THEIR PEAK IN A FINAL meaning he is no good and all hype, as if the rest of his teammates failing to keep possession and even pass the ball to him had no effect at all.

Football is a team game. Not just about the individual. No matter how brilliant the individual is, they rely heavily on their teammates to play well. Look at Messi for Argentina: you have people saying he can't be considered a great until he performs well with Argentina as if the rest of his teammates sucking for Argentina makes no difference to him performing well and making an impact.

People who like to say Maradona played in a poor Argentina side and dragged them to the '86 World Cup title perpetuate a fallacy in part. That Argentina side was not poor. Valdano was not poor, Burruchaga was not poor, Brown was not poor, Pasculi was not poor and Ruggeri certainly was not poor.

And Im not saying Santos can match Barca.

But I suggest you have a look at his performance again in that game, since that was a final puts even more emphasis on the fact that he should have done his best, which you claim is pretty good.

Doesn't Messi do his best for the Argies? Sure they dont win but doesn't Messi play well?

Look at how he played and he missed pretty much all his chances, there was just one I think, that open header.

Doobs

The Messiah
Everyone misses chances and you have got to agree that he is a great talent but the question is how he deals with pressure and plays alongside players who are better than him,i like him for what he does on the pitch but just feel it is a risk we cannot take.

I never said he isn't a talent, what we all want to see is how he matches up against Europe's best , don't we?

Well he played against Barca and didn't do well, if you don't want to take away anything from that performance then it's upto you to judge how he'll play in Europe.

Hatem Ben Arfa

And Im not saying Santos can match Barca.

But I suggest you have a look at his performance again in that game, since that was a final puts even more emphasis on the fact that he should have done his best, which you claim is pretty good.

Doesn't Messi do his best for the Argies? Sure they dont win but doesn't Messi play well?

Look at how he played and he missed pretty much all his chances, there was just one I think, that open header.

I'm not going to waste anymore energy arguing this point with you after this.

Neymar was playing against the greatest team in the History of Football while they were near their peak in a FINAL

Neymar hardly touched the ball, his teammates just could not get it to him

Aryagorn put it perfectly when arguing against your point.

as for Messi Argentina, which teams have kept 75% possession against Argentina? Do Argentina not ALWAYS look for Messi thinking he is the solution to all their problems if they just give him the ball and expect him run past 7 players and put it in the net. Even if Argentina had 15% possession against a team, they would always be giving messi the ball at every opportunity, enough for him to make some kind of impact.

Doobs

The Messiah
Ok, ill just end by saying that even if Neymar got very little of the ball, he would have done a lot better with it than he actually did, if he was half as good as you say he is :)

Hatem Ben Arfa

all I'll say is start watching him play a game or three.

He plays tomorrow night in the Copa Libertadores. Should be a good game, Santos at home and already a goal down from the away leg. There will be goals.

F

Flavia

all I'll say is start watching him play a game or three.

He plays tomorrow night in the Copa Libertadores. Should be a good game, Santos at home and already a goal down from the away leg. There will be goals.
The game is today, in about 4hs.

jamrock

without getting to much in all this mess. if neymar ends up being as good as tevez(which he already is), he will be one hell of a player. because tevez at his best his class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans