Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Since when does skills and tricks make a player bad or over-rated? lol some people are so simple minded its hilarious. They fail to even realize or consider that one of the greatest tricksters in football history led us to the champions league title not too long ago...while at the same time leading barcelona out of its darkest period in a long time. How about Ronaldo back when he was at barca, he did tricks non-stop and they were almost always effective. Shite player, I guess?

You said it very well..when Ronaldinho came we were going through one of our darkest periods in our history and we had to take a chance on someone as we didn't had Messi at the time. Neymar is a very talented young man who could be the best player in the world at some point..but for that I think he needs(and deserves) to have a team built around him like Messi, Cristiano, Ibra or Rooney. If you watch him with Brazil you can see that he has complete freedom..so I don't know how well it will work a Messi-Neymar partnership. Though the reward could be as big as the risk that our club would take.

Since when does skills and tricks make a player bad or over-rated? lol some people are so simple minded its hilarious.

It all started with this:

I don't care what you all think. I will still support him;) You might think I'm crazy but this dude has everything to go the distance. He is a person who can constantly do tricks and skill moves.

And xaviniesta said it very well.
i even didn't mock neyamr, but the guy who thinks he will succeed because he constantly do tricks and skill moves. :lol:

Anyway I find it strange that are some 'cules' that have more posts in Neymar's thread than on other threads combined and show up here only from time to time to defend him.

Last edited:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
You said it very well..when Ronaldinho came we were going through one of our darkest periods in our history and we had to take a chance on someone as we didn't had Messi at the time. Neymar is a very talented young man who could be the best player in the world at some point..but for that I think he needs(and deserves) to have a team built around him like Messi, Cristiano, Ibra or Rooney. If you watch him with Brazil you can see that he has complete freedom..so I don't know how well it will work a Messi-Neymar partnership. Though the reward could be as big as the risk that our club would take.
The guy is a great talent and who wouldn't like to sign him but I am against the amount we have to pay if we want to buy him,besides if he could become the player we expect him to be 60m wouldn't be that bad but you've got to remember he comes from similar background as Robinho and Adriano and more Brazilians who ended up as flops in Europe after we initially thought otherwise,the reason i'm always against him is because of the Neymar fanboys come to think of it they just became his fans watching him on youtube and some actually said he is already better than Messi.

Maria

Like I said the risk is very big..but if we want Neymar we wouldn't be able to buy him for a price< 50 M, especially when Oscar, who is not as good as Neymar, was bought for 32 M by Chelsea. And when I see that Athletic wants us to pay 40 M for Martinez, 50 M for Neymar is starting to look good.

AzaR

You are comparing transfers with players who still have alot of time on their contracts left, Javi Martinez still has 4 years left on his contract and Oscar was only 2 years into a contract at Internacional. Neymar on the other hand will have 1 year left on his contract in 2013 when it is reported Barca will sign him which will cut his price massively.

Taking into account how long he has left on his contract the talks of 60 million and 50 million are absurd, If Santos demand this sort of fee then I don't see him moving until 2014 when he will be on a free.

I do hope Barca sign him as he is so young and I have no doubts about him succeeding in Europe ,he would be an investment for both the present and the future.

MaestroXavi

The servant
Being honest at the moment he's NEVER gonna be worth 60 million.But if we sign if now he would be at is peak after at the very least FOUR YEARS with the club.Which is a long time,and if Neymar still didn't change the way he went about performing by then (tricks blah blah) he must be retarded.Anyway even if we do sign him for 60 million and he turned out Ibrahimovic bad,we could still make the money back,if Sandro has done one thing right it's transfers.

One last thing,if it's the money you people are worried about.
Do you think Sandro would shell out 60 million that easy without having a plan?

Trickykid

:lol: at the people who think we can get the money back by selling shirts and other merchandise

Instead of being a prick about it, why don't you explain why that's not a possibility?
If the reports about the likes of Cronaldo ending up paying their own transfer fees through merchandise are true (I have no idea if they are to be honest, and it does sound slightly far fetched, but still...), I don't see why such a marketable character like Neymar shouldn't.

AzaR

I'm curious, how many of you actually believe that 60 million will be spent on player in the last year of his contract? (If us singing him next season is to be believed)

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Instead of being a prick about it, why don't you explain why that's not a possibility?
If the reports about the likes of Cronaldo ending up paying their own transfer fees through merchandise are true (I have no idea if they are to be honest, and it does sound slightly far fetched, but still...), I don't see why such a marketable character like Neymar shouldn't.
Did it work with Ibra? this is just an assumption that we'll end up getting the whole package we pay but just take an open look if we can get 3/4 of the money why even hesitate to pay so much,why should we keep talking about 60m being too much for a player who hasn't proven himself in Europe,I am sure we would have signed him by now if that was the case.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
:lol: at the people who think we can get the money back by selling shirts and other merchandise
Not just shirts and merchandise... The player's sponsorship rights play their part too. What happens is that if a player's main sponsorer is not the same as the club's main sponsorer, the club would have to pay some share of the money to the player's original sponsorer. In case of Neymar, we won't be having such a problem

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Did it work with Ibra? this is just an assumption that we'll end up getting the whole package we pay but just take an open look if we can get 3/4 of the money why even hesitate to pay so much,why should we keep talking about 60m being too much for a player who hasn't proven himself in Europe,I am sure we would have signed him by now if that was the case.
Neymar's market is far greater than Zlatan's... Look at the population statistics of both countries and then the football fandom. Not to mention the fact that Zlatan has a fair share of hatred in his home country playing against him. Neymar on the other hand is holding unconditional support from the whole of Brazil!!

Besides the above mentioned points, Neymar won't be earning the kind of money that Zlatan did. I'd be really surprised if he'd be earning more than 7M if/when he signs for us. Zlatan earned 12M if I remember right

In the business & marketing point of view, going for Neymar would be a great, great move... With out any doubt he'd be earning back most of the money that we'd spending on him by himself.
But the billion dollar question is - Is it really wise to have the superstar from Argentina and superstar from Brazil playing for the same team!?
Imagine Pele and Maradona throwing the potshots at each other every weekend, dragging the club between them and then imagine the unrest that would cause in the dressing room.

And then of course the sporting issue... Is he suitable to our play?
Yes Ronnie was this huge succcess who brought us back from the muds all by himself. But he was the ultimate superstar then, the team was built around him. He was the talisman!! Neymar won't be having that kinda freedom in this team. He won't be allowed the room for errors, giving away the possession doing his li'l tricks and stuff, because there's Messi playing on the same field demanding as much of the ball as he could possibly want, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans