Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
You can pretty much expect Neymar to play like he did today if he went to Barcelona. I imagine he would only full out dribble if he had the confidence of the coach and other teammates. And of course the situation of the game.

Media is getting to him, he is a performer and a showman. Not 'or', 'and', as in he comes with both and they aren't exclusive. So when the media praises him as much as it does, he wants to perform which affects his decisions. Today when he calmed down for a bit, he scored. He needs coaching, reassurance, advice and good guidance and he will become a force, like he would be able to reach Messi's level but below it. Something only Robben with his natural ability and Di Maria can achieve but without the inconsistency and more goals.

Isaac_Cuenca23

Based on this game, he is actually unselfish. He doesn't just dribble every time he gets the ball, that shows intelligence, also he picks and chooses his moments to do tricks, so when he does try them, they are effective

I disagree with many here Nd think he is a very very good player. The only problem is his price tag. I don't think he is overhyped at all

Agree with most of this.

Neymar isn't just a dribbler, as the youtube videos would have you believe. He's also a good passer and has good vision to spot through balls. His goal yesterday was a good example of his all round ability. Receiving the ball in a dangerous area, running at the central defence, committing two or more defenders, timing the through ball to the left winger perfectly and making a good run to the near post to score with a header.

His positioning, movement, dribbling and through ball for that goal was very reminiscent of Messi.

K

kroki223

Agree with most of this.

Neymar isn't just a dribbler, as the youtube videos would have you believe. He's also a good passer and has good vision to spot through balls. His goal yesterday was a good example of his all round ability. Receiving the ball in a dangerous area, running at the central defence, committing two or more defenders, timing the through ball to the left winger perfectly and making a good run to the near post to score with a header.

His positioning, movement, dribbling and through ball for that goal was very reminiscent of Messi.

I think Neymar is an overhyped player. He just want to copy Messi. PLEASE DON'T COMPARE MESSI TO OTHER PLAYERS!!! IT ISN'T FAIR!

OrangeOpti

Barça
A couple of pages back somebody posted something about him becoming great due to his ability to constantly do tricks and skills. T&S are overrated, look at Iniesta, one of the greatest dribblers in the world with no-nonsense control, a couple of Croqueta's and vision. Messi as well, if he does a trick, it is only a useful one, and not at all for the show.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Whatever works. Is not like iniesta and messi dribbling is the only sy to dribble. Ever watched ronaldinho?

If Neymar came his style of dribbling is different from the rest and would make us unpredictable. Parked buses would be less of a problem. Him and messi in the front three is like having two of the same player (Neymar obviously not quite as good as messi). One sucks in players with their dribbling before through ball to the other one. Both can finish so the amount of goals will be ridiculous.

But sixty million is a lot for a club with debts

Darko

yeah but Neymar would want to play in the center and we already have Messi there,or at least he would want a free role where he could roam around and drop deeper(again,the job of a certain Lionel Messi) plus i dont think he would track back and help in defense...
his finishing is not THAT good,and he needs to improve his composure
he indeed is an incredible talent,we are definately not buying him this year so only time will tell

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yep. If we are getting him it will be next year. Good as it gives us time to see if the current forwards are good enough

Only problem is santos Madrid and city can all give him more wages, and that might be all he wants they can also outbid us and santos will be happy to sell to whoever gives the most money

On the other hand he Clearly prefers barca to all of these clubs. So we can hope that he'll take a cesc standpoint and say he only wants barca which will bring the price down. (remember Madrid wanted cesc and could have outbid us but he only wanted us so we got him for a good price)

mixer

How I hate these annoying children... Someone posted a thing on facebook (it's popular now on fb) a "versus" thing. Spiky hair vs straight hair (for example).
And I found today "Messi vs Neymar". I looked who has voted for Neymar because he was winning 3-1. Guess who voted for him! Three kids between the ages of 10 to 14..

Stupid kids think that funny tricks are better than pure skills.

MaestroXavi

The servant
Really EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM you guys have with Neymar is all due to pass with age if he comes to Barca.And as for Brazilian defences: He has the talent and I promise you will all see that during the Olympics

Jadentheman

kkkkkkk Puyol you need to see Neymar play I mean really play. Ignore the diving and the tricks and you'll see. THERE ARE SO MANY POSITIVES!! Either way tricks and skills can be use to foil defenses. It can be effective. Neymar has unpredictability to him that enables him to change the game in an instant. As far as Thiago is concerned. Thiago is good on the wings, but he belongs in the midfield. Messi does like playing centrally, but that can fixed by playing him on the wings and having Neymar and Messi take turns being in the middle. Anyways by the time Neymar starts getting effective Messi will start to lose his pace. Then he has to play in the midfield allowing Neymar to take the central role more.

Hatem Ben Arfa

I'm still asleep.

Neymar_1514196a.jpg

Wake up mang

Last edited:

Co0ter

Since when does skills and tricks make a player bad or over-rated? lol some people are so simple minded its hilarious. They fail to even realize or consider that one of the greatest tricksters in football history led us to the champions league title not too long ago...while at the same time leading barcelona out of its darkest period in a long time. How about Ronaldo back when he was at barca, he did tricks non-stop and they were almost always effective. Shite player, I guess?

Neymar is 20 years old and does plenty of tricks, but they are usually effective and he does them in situations where they are useful. Most players don't use the tricks simply because they can't do them. Brazilians spend hours everyday as kids playing soccer barefoot on the streets perfecting these skills and for some players they have other sharpened abilities as well.

To ignore the fact that he's a brilliant dribbler, can pass/shoot/cross well with BOTH feet and has fantastic vision is simply...well, stupid. Some people just have tunnel-vision :lol:

If you're going to make an argument out of something, at least attempt to have it make sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans