Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Again Estel you aren't answering my question if you do believe we'll get lets say 40m back through sponsorship and shirt sales well then why come are we hesitating to pay 60m I am sure Rosell has a better business mind than us and why are we trying to get Martinez we should have got Thiago Silva who has a bigger fan base than Martinez, that way he would have cost very little and also would be a more trustable option than Martinez.

Maria

Besides the above mentioned points, Neymar won't be earning the kind of money that Zlatan did. I'd be really surprised if he'd be earning more than 7M if/when he signs for us. Zlatan earned 12M if I remember right

Zlatan was earning 10 M from us..Neymar already has a 7 M salary from Santos. And I don't see him accepting a lower salary to play for Barca, like Cesc or Mascherano did.

Neymar (Nike) vs Messi (Addidas) good luck with dat :lol:

Kaka(Adidas) vs Cristiano(Nike) :rolleyes:

In the end we won't care about money if he helps us win trophies..for example we can say that Cristiano was cheap for RM, unlike Kaka, who cost them 30 M euros less.

Last edited:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
In the end we won't care about money if he helps us win trophies..for example we can say that Cristiano was cheap for RM, unlike Kaka, who cost them 30 M euros less.
Exactly however we shouldn't allow marketing impact our decisions to sign players.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Zlatan was earning 10 M from us..Neymar already has a 7 M salary from Santos. And I don't see him accepting a lower salary to play for Barca, like Cesc or Mascherano did.
google 'Zlatan Ibrahimovic salary at Barcelona'... Some sources say he earned 12M and some claim a figure 14M, none 10. He was the second highest paid player then(behind Cristiano) and Messi salary had to be increased to be, on par with Zlatan and hence, the highest paid player at the club.

He earns 7M at Santos!? Crazy!!
But I still don't see him earn more than Iniesta at our club

Kaka(Adidas) vs Cristiano(Nike) :rolleyes:

yes, I don't think brand dispute does matter at all. The players and the club agree upon the image rights issue prior to signing the contract itself.

Maria

google 'Zlatan Ibrahimovic salary at Barcelona'... Some sources say he earned 12M and some claim a figure 14M, none 10. He was the second highest paid player then(behind Cristiano) and Messi salary had to be increased to be, on par with Zlatan and hence, the highest paid player at the club.

I didn't thought that he earned more than 11 M..I can't believe how stupid we were. :facepalm:

Trickykid

Exactly however we shouldn't allow marketing impact our decisions to sign players.

Thats really besides the point though. If we were to buy him, it would be for sporting reasons, not economic.

Aside from the points already made by Estel, it's also worth noting that Asia is absolutely crazy for Neymar. Much more so than Zlatan, I'd imagine.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Again Estel you aren't answering my question if you do believe we'll get lets say 40m back through sponsorship and shirt sales well then why come are we hesitating to pay 60m I am sure Rosell has a better business mind than us and why are we trying to get Martinez we should have got Thiago Silva who has a bigger fan base than Martinez, that way he would have cost very little and also would be a more trustable option than Martinez.
running a football club isn't just about the business... And then Thiago Silva, a defender, isn't as marketable as a striker. So paying 40M worth for him would be a costly move, involving a lot of risk, especially because of his age and lack of any resale value. There's always the adaptability issue and then Thiago Silva has history, his first attempt in Europe was a failure!!

Javi Martinez on the other hand is a different issue. He is one of the hottest youngsters in Spain. There's no risk involved, in his case, about adapting to our game. And then he is only 23, so has a resale value in case we might have to sell him in future.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I didn't thought that he earned more than 11 M..I can't believe how stupid we were. :facepalm:
Blame the Italian clubs too... They overpaid him!!
And then we had to break our wage structure too because of the clause involved in Messi's contract lol

BarcaVillain

running a football club isn't just about the business... And then Thiago Silva, a defender, isn't as marketable as a striker. So paying 40M worth for him would be a costly move, involving a lot of risk, especially because of his age and lack of any resale value. There's always the adaptability issue and then Thiago Silva has history, his first attempt in Europe was a failure!!

He's 27. There is plenty of re-sale value, thats approaching his peak for a centre half.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Josep Maria Bartomeo:
We would all like for Neymar to join us after the Olympic games
Source: MD/Sport

It was ringing loudly this whole year he was Barca bound. Seriously though as much as some may hate it, this has been a long time coming. All the flirting back and forth from him praising our players, us doing the same. If he works out his issues, which I think he will, and finds a spot in our team, he will only make one of the greatest teams of all time better. I honestly believe this team's best years are still ahead.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Read that last night but my immediate reaction was that something was taken out of context...I mean, when was the last time the club openly acknowledged a pursuit of this magnitude?...Something doesn't seem right about it, what would be the purpose of inviting more questions and speculation?

Either way, merely would confirm what most of us have concluded already...Neymar is a target but this season?

Butaan4barca

Read that last night but my immediate reaction was that something was taken out of context...I mean, when was the last time the club openly acknowledged a pursuit of this magnitude?...Something doesn't seem right about it, what would be the purpose of inviting more questions and speculation?

Either way, merely would confirm what most of us have concluded already...Neymar is a target but this season?

Neymar is Barca bound, He will sell shirts, worldwide.

I always thought his transfer was possibly the reason PEP left. Pep was looking at team dynamics , his favourite first 3 by the look of it were pedro-messi-alexis partnership. With messi drifting down (false9) and floating everywhere and alexis and pedro providing the workrate and tracking back facility.
HE trusted in tello and cuenca's ability to provide a cover up; providing strategic depth with cuenca providing width and tello's pace and incutting-henry like movements. Affley was just a add on, another player he liked.

But the president always looks at the bigger picture, the business/marketing side. Rosell and Laporta are different. Guardiola was no doubt the result of Laporta's vision and trust, So naturally Laporta owned Guardiola as his club's manager (his choice). It was something which he could take pride and Use as a big achievement while asking votes, so naturally he had to agree to guardiola's demands and conditions while agreeing one year contract extensions. Guardiola wanted Complete control over transfers and Laporta was bound to give it. Rosell, unlike Laporta, might not have liked the idea...

Looking at the clubs marketing side and financing, rosell breaks new deals. With oil tankers now owned by barcelona, rosell was clearly a Profit making guy. With his innate love for brazilians he loved neymar from the first sight. And possibly, there lied the problem.

With tito in, We have the best alternate to guardiola, but we might actually be back to those days when the Presidents' keep their nose in team's business.

I am not too sure how neymar will fit it, but like i said: Neymar is no doubt Barca bound, He will sell shirts, worldwide.

Barcilliant

I dont doubt Neymar's potential-few do. Its the experience or lack of it that worries most. That and his ego. As long as Messi is banging in 40 plus goals a season he WILL be the main man. Everyone else is peripheral to him-like it or not. Will this sit well with a player of Neymar's ego.

Also believe it or not Messi has a massive ego too. It is not a look at me ego but he enjoys being the focal point of the team and I cant see that changing. What happened with Ibra is a good example.

Trickykid

I dont doubt Neymar's potential-few do. Its the experience or lack of it that worries most. That and his ego. As long as Messi is banging in 40 plus goals a season he WILL be the main man. Everyone else is peripheral to him-like it or not. Will this sit well with a player of Neymar's ego.

Also believe it or not Messi has a massive ego too. It is not a look at me ego but he enjoys being the focal point of the team and I cant see that changing. What happened with Ibra is a good example.

If Neymar comes, and for me it's still a big if, as I believe we'll see a huge bidding war break out once Santos decides it's time, I'm sure he'll come with the knowledge that he's not above anyone, especially not Messi. This is actually the answer to why I'm not sure he'll end up with us. Most other clubs can offer him the undisputed star role, where he's the focal point, whereas he'll be just another amongst many stars at Barca. What will Neymar himself want?

Ursegor

World Champion
The shirt sale argument is such a fickle one, albeit often used by football fans. 90 % of the shirt sale money goes into the pockets of Neymar and Nike. It's absurd to believe the club could compensate the transfer fee of possibly € 60 million by selling shirts. Nevermind that no one will pay € 60 million for a 20 year old Campeonato talent with 1 year left in his contract anyway. Except Real Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans