Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He's not, never was. As Lucas isn't the 45 psg paid for him, Caroll and Torres also overpriced and overpaid, and many others... The transfer market is crazy right now. Neymar would be worth around 25 mi, not more than that.

Exatcly. And Lucas should cost 10-15M. CRAZY!

Jadentheman

:lol: better than Messi.

Holy shit if this guy's worth 60M than I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.

To be fair he did have his moments. Remember when 5 Mexican players had to defend him because he was tearing through at will? Anyways I recommend that Neymar stays in Brazil for at least one more year. He's not completely ready yet and neither is Barca. Although I hope for a Winter or Summer 2013 arrival

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
:lol: better than Messi.

Holy shit if this guy's worth 60M than I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.
more likely that we'll be getting him for more than 60m, why not just buy a non-Brazillian instead, there are plenty of guys who have good potential and cost not even a half of what Neymar would do.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

If the price was much lower, then would you guys want Neymar? If only he wasn't brazilian. If only he didn't play for a very decorated club like Santos. If only there wasn't major hype for him. If only....

Armando929

He shouldn't be judged on this Olympics alone, but I've always felt he is not worth to anything close to 60 million. I think 25 million is a good offer and if Santos don't accept, then let the likes of City, Real, and Chelsea fight for him, I say.

He's a good player. Nice skill on the ball, fast, and good instincts. His problem is he dribbles way too much and tries too many uneeded tricks out there.

I wonder what becomes of this Brazilian side now. I imagine first thing they'll do is hire another manager.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
471503e6-b7b4-1bbb.jpg

Lol

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
If the price was much lower, then would you guys want Neymar? If only he wasn't brazilian. If only he didn't play for a very decorated club like Santos. If only there wasn't major hype for him. If only....

Yeah, if he came for cheap he could join and replace Afellay possibly

Ursegor

World Champion
Barcelona won't pay € 60 million for a 20 year old. Not with the current financial state of the club and Spain as a whole. Not under Rosell. These are the possibilities:

1. Qatar Foundation pays a large part of his fee
2. Nike pays a large part of his fee
3. He comes for free in 2014
4. He doesn't come at all

Armando929

I don't see him coming for free. If by next summer he has not left, he will sign an extension that will allow the club to sell at a high price.

I'm sure we'll be paying that high fee if we get him. Rossell will want him, no doubt.

Ursegor

World Champion
Why should he extend his contract? He already shortened the expiry date of his contract from 2016 to 2014 when he signed a new one last November.

As a player the best Neymar can hope for is to become a more prolific version of Di Maria. Which is quite good actually but I don't see much more potential in terms of greatness in him. Oscar easily outshone him in this tournament. Neymar failed to put his mark in 2 tournaments so far. This one was practically a U23 tournament. A walk in the park for the "next Pele" you would think. Instead he dives, gets knocked of the ball, wastes chances, dives, dwells on the ball for too long, dives, dives and doesn't pass at the right times. And he dives. And he hasn't even faced a word class team yet in his career. I can only imagine how he'd look against physical beasts like Pepe, Ramos and Khedira trying to cut him in half.

Last edited:

Henry_IB

Banned
Why should he extend his contract? He already shortened the expiry date of his contract from 2016 to 2014 when he signed a new one last November.

As a player the best Neymar can hope for is to become a more prolific version of Di Maria. Which is quite good actually but I don't see much more potential in terms of greatness in him. Oscar easily outshone him in this tournament. Neymar failed to put his mark in 2 tournaments so far. This one was practically a U23 tournament. A walk in the park for the "next Pele" you would think. Instead he dives, gets knocked of the ball, wastes chances, dives, dwells on the ball for too long, dives, dives and doesn't pass at the right times. And he dives. And he hasn't even faced a word class team yet in his career. I can only imagine how he'd look against physical beasts like Pepe, Ramos and Khedira trying to cut him in half.

Don't forget to mention that he dives as well.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The fact the the whole team sucked, and that Menezes is an idiot doesn't take away that he made A LOT of immature mistakes that are not made by any world class player... If you isolate him or look at Brazil as a whole, he still sucked, and wether he choked or he didn't care, both are signs of an immature player with a bad attitude... And, as has been said many times before, it's his attitude that makes some people "hate" him, he's a player with great potential (by no means he is a finished product that can be relied on to carry an european A-class team) but that shouldn't hide that he is an spoiled brat, which might just be his breaking point...

Jadentheman

Like I said. Few people have the ability to attract 4-5 defenders on them. Especially when Neymar and team were down one point. Kid has potential but I like to see him stay in Brazil for one more year. If he leaves this summer hopefully he can go small then big like Ronaldinho.

M

Messi+Eto

Not going to say he is the best player in the world, but I have no doubt he is world class, absolutely brilliant and very talented.Maybe if Neymar had vitiligo and somehow lightens up like Michael Jackson. . . . I bet a lot of "us" would like him a whole lot better. I hear a lot of guys here saying he is crap and stuff, whereas over 80% of the guys in our team B (who are actually in his age bracket) look like total "idiots" when compared to him. . . In exception of Rafinha. Yes! I said it. Isaac Cuenca,Gerard Deulofeu and your darling Sergi Roberto would unfortunately NEVER be half the player Neymar currently is or would turn out to be. Well, you see the truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

And lets cut the he dives crap out! When Sergio Busquets was still vying with Angel Dimaria for the best diver and fakers award, I hardly noticed anyone here condemning his acts. . . And by the way, only last night, we saw Messi, who is undoubtedly the best player in the world, making a call for a corner kick even though it was excessively apparent the ball had touched NO one on its way out. Except of course you have never played a high tempo match or kicked a ball in your life, you would know that when you are on the pitch and things get tough, you do all you can to help your team. . . . That includes diving and faking if necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans