Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

If he fails to show up for big game then why do Brazilians always clamor for Neymar? Why did they want him to play in the World Cup in 2010?

Armando929

^^^^^Because its Neymar. He's exciting to watch when he's on. That doesn't have anything to do with anything.

He's a good player. Talented and skillful on the ball. But he's also a diver when defenses don't let him have his way(Worse than Alexis) and I never see him perform against the top sides in Brazil.

I don't have a personal problem if Barca end up buying him, but not for 60 million. No way. Not feeling that. We need defenders. Not attackers.

CatalinR10

There are so many attackers on this team, I really don't understand where he will fit in. There's Messi, Villa, Sanchez, Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, and even Cesc who can play in Messi's position too. Where could Neymar reasonably play?

Is he expected to sit on the bench and be part of a rotation? If so, is a rotation player really worth 60 mill?

And tell me , how did the fact that we have Villa , Alexis , Pedro , Tello , Cuenca , Cesc helped us last season against Chelsea or Madrid ? It doesen't matter that we have lots of forwards if they are sometimes playing verry awfull and are not ready to play their best at the highest level ( Tello ) or making you doubt their future at Barca (Alexis) .

It also depends on how Villa will perform this season. If he isn't doing well , I see Barca selling him and Alexist to make room for Neymar and maybe one of Tello/Cuenca will leave too. It's all about the quality , not the quantity.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Our forward line is crap, Madrid's one is better. Tello and Cuenca will never be as good as Neymar, ever.

Meitux

surely i would prefer neymar over tello or cuenca,and i tottaly agree that we have a weak attacking line so guys plz dont be lunatics saying that we have a good attack that can offer much and many ideas except messi pedro villa or alexis and sometimes they also run out of form or ideas

Tomchin

No, despite fanboys having their blinkers on we do not have the best forward line in Europe anymore, 08/09 we did but Madrid have surpassed us now.
Based on what? Goals scored and assists?

When you compare our attacking trident (Messi, Pedro, Alexis/Villa), there's more quality than in theirs imho (Ronaldo, Di Maria, Higuain/Benzema). Also, our options on the bench (Tello, Cuenca and Cesc) are superior to theirs (Callejon and ?)

I'm not considering Ozil/Modric/Kaka as part of the attacking trident btw, I'm considering them as midfielders for this comparison.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Please don't try and insinuate that Tello is somehow better then Di Maria, Benzema, Higuain et al, because that is bs and you know it

i'm not but yo compared them in the first place. your first post is equivalent of me saying would be like me saying liverpool defense is better than fontas and bartra now.

mvp > rm forwards

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Based on what? Goals scored and assists?

When you compare our attacking trident (Messi, Pedro, Alexis/Villa), there's more quality than in theirs imho (Ronaldo, Di Maria, Higuain/Benzema). Also, our options on the bench (Tello, Cuenca and Cesc) are superior to theirs (Callejon and ?)

I'm not considering Ozil/Modric/Kaka as part of the attacking trident btw, I'm considering them as midfielders for this comparison.

I'm sorry but that is garbage, Di Maria has been a much better player then Pedro over the past couple of seasons, don't even get me started on that comparison between Vila who was rubbish then got injured and Alexis who gets so much hate from fans with Higuain and Benzema who have both played better then them. We are better then Madrid at some things such as midfield, but the forward line is not one of them.

Also, why are you considering Cesc as a foward but not Kaka and Ozil? That goes against your whole entire point.

i'm not but yo compared them in the first place. your first post is equivalent of me saying would be like me saying liverpool defense is better than fontas and bartra now.

mvp > rm forwards

MVP is vastly superior to Ronaldo, Benzema, and Di Maria.

There's just no comparison.

Please, take the blinkers off, there's a reason why Madrid won the league scoring the most goals and we didn't. Being a Barcelona fan doesn't mean not giving credit where its due and not accepting that your not the best at everything. The moment you start letting bias take over rationality no one takes you seriously. trust me, I've had 14 years to learn this, people respect you more if you don't blindly follow something.

Last edited:

Tomchin

I'm sorry but that is garbage, Di Maria has been a much better player then Pedro over the past couple of seasons, don't even get me started on that comparison between Vila who was rubbish then got injured and Alexis who gets so much hate from fans with Higuain and Benzema who have both played better then them. We are better then Madrid at some things such as midfield, but the forward line is not one of them.
Well yeah, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree there.

Also, why are you considering Cesc as a foward but not Kaka and Ozil? That goes against your whole entire point.
Because Cesc has sometimes been part of our attacking trident. I compared 3 positions with 3 positions in both teams. If I would compare the midfield of both teams, I'd compare Xavi/Iniesta/Thiago/Cesc/Busquets/Song with Alonso/Khedira/Essien/Modric/Ozil/Kaka

Please, take the blinkers off, there's a reason why Madrid won the league scoring the most goals and we didn't.
Because teams hadn't figured out yet which gameplan they should adopt against RM? This season they've had already a lot more difficulties to score goals, because teams have found a gameplan how to beat (or neutralize) them.

Jadentheman

But we must save La Masia guys. THEY ARE THE PRIDE OF CATALONIA!!!!!!

Oleguer aside. I want to keep Tello. Poor Cuenca never got a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans