Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

If neymar came, Then villa will know that he'll start getting benched, And i don't think a player of his caliber will be okay with that, Plus he'll turn 31 in about a month, Let's not forget he's the favorite player to sell 'Financially speaking' to bring neymar not just about the transfer fee but his salary is at the same level of xavi and iniesta, I'd hate seeing him leave, But a 31 year old player isn't what you call a future investment.

I just hope he helps win us the treble this year.

Ah, it only just occured to me that you were replying to someone. I agree with most of what you say, and I believe he indeed is in danger of being axed IF we decide to splash out on Neymar next summer. However I'm nowhere near as certain as you are. Unless Alexis steps up (which I still believe he will), he could be a financial sound transfer too, and I don't believe we'd offload them both at the same time, especially as we're still not sure how Tello and Cuenca will progress during this season.

Garrus

As much i'd like see neymar wear barcelona's shirt next summer, When i think about it, I see it's better if he came in 2014, Our front line is packed, Villa has 2 years more good years to juice out of him, But rosell seems very determined to bring him as soon as possible.

Jadentheman

I agree 2014 would be good for all parties. Neymar wants to stay win Brazil as long as he can, Santos & CBF want to milk his celebrity in Brazil and hype him, Barca needs to clean out room for Neymar as well as develop new tactics and strategy; optimize the team for Messi and Neymar. Yeah I can wait. After all Barca does have the option to bring him after the WC, but Rosell does have the WANT HIM NOW personality. We will see. I'm excited for Neymar to come overseas to Barca, but I want him to be ready and hungry. Till then I'll watch the magician do his tricks in Sao Paulo from my computer in the US

alex88bg

WE will see but i doubt he will be a starter when he comes,and he knows it....Still i am starting to grow for this kid,he seems to have lots of respect for our players especially messi and doesnt seem like a hot headed kid as everyone described him...

JonM

I agree 2014 would be good for all parties. Neymar wants to stay win Brazil as long as he can, Santos & CBF want to milk his celebrity in Brazil and hype him, Barca needs to clean out room for Neymar as well as develop new tactics and strategy; optimize the team for Messi and Neymar. Yeah I can wait. After all Barca does have the option to bring him after the WC, but Rosell does have the WANT HIM NOW personality. We will see. I'm excited for Neymar to come overseas to Barca, but I want him to be ready and hungry. Till then I'll watch the magician do his tricks in Sao Paulo from my computer in the US

Are you kidding me? The player has to adapt to the team. Not the opposite.

And how does Rosell have the "want him now personnality" when he's pretty much buying a player three years in advance? Buy him or don't buy him. The whole "well he could stay in Brazil until whenever" is just ridiculous.

footyfan

Calma, calma

You can certainly tinker with the system if things are not working. It wouldn't be anything major (like a switch to 3-4-3 from a 4-3-3) but just slight differences in player responsibilities. The way the opposition will play against us will change over time too, so we definitely cannot keep the exact same system although we will still have the base philosophy. Once a player is bought, making the team work is the most important thing - this can happen either if (1) the new player fully integrates into the playing style (2) the system is slightly changed.

And it's not like we've not done it before. In the early part of Guardiola's reign, all 3 forwards incessantly pressed the opposition back line. Nowadays, it's mostly the midfielders who do it - you can see Messi strolling around. This is because the team is now designed to optimize Messi's abilities. They want him to play as much as possible(he wants it too), not get injured and be deadly every time he gets the ball.

Another example is the changing roles of Xavi and Iniesta. First season, you could see Iniesta going wide so much (even though his position was CM). Xavi was far more adventurous with his passes. But this had to change because of the way opposition deal with us now.

Jadentheman

And how does Rosell have the "want him now personnality" when he's pretty much buying a player three years in advance? Buy him or don't buy him. The whole "well he could stay in Brazil until whenever" is just ridiculous.

It is a big risk, but could have potentially huge payoffs. You take risks. Of course the decision is down to the coaching staff. Neymar will have to prove himself in his 1st year here if he's ready to be one of the players to lead the team. Xavi is gonna retire before Neymar reaches his prime anyway. Iniesta will start to fizzle out to. You will have Thiago, Messi , and Neymar to be the new trio.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Xavi just had one of his best seasons ever with Barca. And Iniesta is good 4 years younger than him. Speaking of them "fizzling" out is déplacé. And what's Neymar, a replacement for Xavi and Iniesta? Taking risks? With a system in place that is working and giving results like never in Barca history?
When it comes to Neymar, you are so much removed from reality Jaden.

Jadentheman

You make it sound like I'm talking about the next 1-2 years. No, I'm talking about the next 4-6 years. Xavi probably will not be playing in 2016-2017. Iniesta will be in his thirties and so will Messi. Neymar will be 26 and at his best form. I'm saying the team should start building up for Neymar till that time. The time when his true potential will be reached and the old trio of guys will be done. Xaviniesta and Messi doesn't last forever you know.

Yugi

you dont even know if he will come yet you make it sound like everything that is happening now is past
just enjoy this Barca moment and don´t think about future, there are other people to do that....who knows what happens, maybe some masia player becomes better than Messi, maybe noone will ever come close to xavi messi iniesta trio, let´s enjoy it now

M

Messi+Eto

The Ballon D'or is more about hype than anything else anyway, when Neymar wins it next year it'll put him in the same league as Fabio Cannavaro.

Honestly, you of all people shouldn't be talking about Neymar not being world class. . . . I mean, come on. You are Alexis Sanchez #1 fan! And he is absolute. . . .. Well you know the rest.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
You make it sound like I'm talking about the next 1-2 years. No, I'm talking about the next 4-6 years. Xavi probably will not be playing in 2016-2017. Iniesta will be in his thirties and so will Messi. Neymar will be 26 and at his best form. I'm saying the team should start building up for Neymar till that time. The time when his true potential will be reached and the old trio of guys will be done. Xaviniesta and Messi doesn't last forever you know.

You do know Messi is only just entering his prime now, right?

M

Messi+Eto

Xavi just had one of his best seasons ever with Barca. And Iniesta is good 4 years younger than him. Speaking of them "fizzling" out is déplacé. And what's Neymar, a replacement for Xavi and Iniesta? Taking risks? With a system in place that is working and giving results like never in Barca history?
When it comes to Neymar, you are so much removed from reality Jaden.

+10000 I absolutely agree with you. If or when Neymar does arrive. He will start from the bench like everyone else. And his only crack at becoming first team material, lies at his ability to edge out Sanchez, who I have to say IMO adds nothing to the team. Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi are UNTOUCHABLE! . . . Yes, I mentioned Pedro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans