Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

89Norcal

a player so young and with such a class in our footballsystem will adept in an blink of an eye.... he will mix his skills with our posession play and will learn when to use his tricks and pace and when not.... our do u think neymar will be like some dude who gets in an other country and did forget hot to pass a ball ????.. seriously no way

Agree, there's a strange prejudice geared towards highly rated players that don't play in the EPL, Serie A or La Liga. Even the Bundesliga is underrated.

I watch Santos quite a lot. Neymar would be an excellent fit on the wing. Only thing I worry about is if his goal #'s suffer from being pushed out wide permanently, I've seen that wrack the minds of fowards many times.

Not so much that.

The thing is that this system of football is particularly hard on the wingers/forwards. They are asked to do alot of dirty work, such as press defenders, help out in defense when necessary, run ALOT, and using tricks the way Neymar does is discouraged by the coaching staff. Wingers are not encouraged to try and dribble past defenders all the time unless it is an absolute certainty.

The pressure will be the likes that Neymar has never had to deal with before. Even if he was handed a starting spot on a platinum platter, he would have no guarantees to keep it if he does not perform. Pep had no problems benching Ibra for Pedro and Bojan as soon as his form started to dip(Not to mention his attitude). It has happened to the likes of Villa, Ibra, Henry, Cesc, Pedro, and Alexis.

Neymar is just 20 and with no experience in high pressure situations. He won't have it easy here.

I don't think defensive work rate would be a big hurdle, Neymar just needs to improve his strength. In regards to the tricks, the thing about players like Neymar is they make them functional. They know the stakes of each match so the idea that Neymar may be a liability because of his trick style is unlikely.

I would still like to see Neymar develop some more, and we can swoop for him after WC 2014, but he is far more talented than Bojan. Pedro and Alexis were in catastrophic form and we all know about Ibra butting heads with Pep. You have to go case by case with individual players because they all dip in form for different reasons. Also bear in mind Pep was sometimes headstrong in his tactics and he always seemed to bench his top players more swiftly than other managers, in my opinion.

Btw Neymar is a Copa Lib winner, and Brazil were under large pressure to succeed in London 2012. I wouldn't say he's entirely untested at all.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Balague again confirmed there is a deal, on revista this week. He does come out with his fair share of crap, but he got the ronaldo one for 80m a good year before it happened and got laughed at, and with those financial documents confirming payments, it seems like hes right about this too.

he said the plan is to wait and get him after the next WC, however if we wanted we could bring him in whenever up until then.

.. i doubt we'll wait that long personally.

Last edited:

Armando929

Somebody will have to leave to make way then. One or more key players will leave.

I'd rather we keep our attack the way it is and invest in some quality defenders but it seems he's coming afterall.

Armando929

At least one of Villa, Alexis, or Pedro will leave. Or both Tello and Cuenca but I doubt it.

I think we'll live to regret this transfer, honestly.

Trickykid

Did i stepped on your toe without knowing

Not at all. I just find it odd how you can be so confident he'll leave. It's not quite as silly as the poster claiming he could decide to leave us this winter, but you, I or anyone else for that matter, knows what will happen with Villa during the season, and how it will affect his future.

F

Flavia

At least one of Villa, Alexis, or Pedro will leave. Or both Tello and Cuenca but I doubt it.

I think we'll live to regret this transfer, honestly.
Or not. Only time will tell. I doubt Pedro, Tello or Villa will leave. Maybe Cuenca, but the one with greater chances is Alexis, imho.

Garrus

If neymar came, Then villa will know that he'll start getting benched, And i don't think a player of his caliber will be okay with that, Plus he'll turn 31 in about a month, Let's not forget he's the favorite player to sell 'Financially speaking' to bring neymar not just about the transfer fee but his salary is at the same level of xavi and iniesta, I'd hate seeing him leave, But a 31 year old player isn't what you call a future investment.

I just hope he helps win us the treble this year.

Galning

Or not. Only time will tell. I doubt Pedro, Tello or Villa will leave. Maybe Cuenca, but the one with greater chances is Alexis, imho.

Don't think Cuenca will leave either. Remember that before his injury he had more playing time/people believed more in him than Tello.

Garrus

Not at all. I just find it odd how you can be so confident he'll leave. It's not quite as silly as the poster claiming he could decide to leave us this winter, but you, I or anyone else for that matter, knows what will happen with Villa during the season, and how it will affect his future.
Ammm??, The guys above me were saying that neymar is very close to joining us next summer and villa as i see is the primary candidate to leave, I never said or meant anything about him leaving in the winter. Hence i said 'Villa will leave' in neymar's thread

Last edited:

Trickykid

Ammm??, The guys above me were saying that neymar is very close to joining us next summer and villa as i see is the primary candidate to leave, I never said or meant anything about him leaving in the winter, Because i said 'Villa will leave' in neymar's thread

Reread my post. That part was obviously directed at someone else.

Garrus

Don't think Cuenca will leave either. Remember that before his injury he had more playing time/people believed more in him than Tello.
I was about to say this, I see cuenca a much better player than tello, If it weren't for cuenca's injury, I think the club would have loaned tello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans